Mike tyson sparring high lights

Mike Tyson became world champion AFTER Cus d'Amato's death.

His downfall began when he fired Kevin Rooney, who was his real coach.

Damn casuals.

Gus was à father figure for Mike, ffs.
What I meant is Mike would never have turned they way he did with Gus around.

P.s sorry Mr. I'm better than all of you.

If you put it like that than I agree.

Sorry for being harsh. I actually like you (and your pictures of hot chicks.)

Damn casuals.

If I remember correctly, he beat Spinks- either Michael or Leon (can't remember) for the title. This was very shortly after Cus died and Tyson divorced Robin Givens.

Too lazy to look it up

Cus couldn't keep control over a young teenage Tyson, so I have no clue how he'd be able to do so with an adult Tyson. In fact, if you read some of the early bios on Tyson from guys like Reg Gutteridge, Peter Heller, and Phil Berger, the picture is painted in each of them of Cus being much more of an enabler rather than offering any sort of discipline. Tyson was still getting into trouble all the time when he was living with Cus. Getting kicked out of school with Cus covering that fact up when social workers came a calling (part of the living agreement between Cus and the state was Tyson had to attend school). Running away from Cus' home to spend the week with his old friends in Brooklyn at times and doing stupid shit. Multiple cases of him getting into trouble with girls, including Jimmy Jacobs admitting to Gutteridge that he had to pay off a girl's family to keep quiet when she accused Tyson of forcing himself upon her. Amongst other things. Cus turned a blind eye to all that stuff when he had Tyson under his roof. Even when Cus occasionally tried to discipline Tyson in those days by taking away his gym time (one of the most important things to Tyson then, if not the most) he would just as quickly change his mind and allow Tyson to continue training with no repercussions for his bad behavior.

If I remember correctly, he beat Spinks- either Michael or Leon (can't remember) for the title. This was very shortly after Cus died and Tyson divorced Robin Givens.

Too lazy to look it up
Cus died in 1985. Tyson won the title in 1986 by beating Trevor Berbick. The Michael Spinks fight was in 1988 and was the pennicle of Mike's career. He fired Rooney later that year.

Damn casuals.
Yeah Don King used the race card to get rid of Rooney

Cus died in 1985. Tyson won the title in 1986 by beating Trevor Berbick. The Michael Spinks fight was in 1988 and was the pennicle of Mike's career. He fired Rooney later that year.

Ha! Thanks, I was way off. It was Jimmy Jacobs who had died right before, and it was a miscarriage that Robin had.

qCJjgM1.jpg

Back