Mike Tyson on Joe Rogan

Now Floyd on Rogans would be a good show or have the possibility to be one.
Or even Sugar Ray.
Agreed

8b7afd7193465fb8_cbigb_g_markm_800x1000.jpg

Only watched like 20 mins of it but I think joe is intimidated by mike, knowing that even in his later years he's still a little crazy, so joe is scared to probe him and go in depth and instead just praised him the whole time. Mike's definitely not all there anymore and that makes interviewing hard too. I think an hour and a half or two hours is just too long for mike to be interviewed. Should be like 45 mins tops

This guy I know, said his friend took acid and started tripping.
Ran from the apartment and hid in a bush a mile down the street and needed his girlfriend to talk him out of it.
Told the guy the next day that he ran because he thought he was the devil.

So if thats how acid is, I couldnt imagine Mike doing it at his peak when he was an animal.

Nah, that's typically not how acid is assuming you don't got some mental baggage going on to begin with.

Was that his first time fucking with acid? If so, sounds like he went about it wrong or simply just can't handle his drugs and should just keep away from psychedelics in general.

I think an hour and a half or two hours is just too long for mike to be interviewed. Should be like 45 mins tops

That's why Joe tries to make it more of a casual conversation instead of an interview, but even that seems to be too much for Mike these says.

Don't agree that Joe is intinidated, because Mike crazy... I would rather say Joe is cautious, because Mike is fragile.

Wouldn't call what Joe does "interviews". Interviews are usually planned questioning and have a purpose behind the questions. Joe seems to invite people onto his podcast to chill and just talk, let them be themselves. Mike is a sports legend and sure Joe could have asked him interesting questions about Boxing, but that wasn't the point. Usually people come onto there trying to plug something of theirs rather than Joe trying to do some journalism.

Anyway, I enjoyed the podcast. Mike Tyson is definitely not completely sane, but he is a guy who would be very fun to party with (imo).

That's why Joe tries to make it more of a casual conversation instead of an interview, but even that seems to be too much for Mike these says.

Don't agree that Joe is intinidated, because Mike crazy... I would rather say Joe is cautious, because Mike is fragile.
Maybe not intimidated but Joe definitely knows his boundaries. That's why when joe interviews someone who's not an alpha male he gets heated a lot of times when they disagree with him. But if it's a fighter or someone who's just a really strong debater like Jordan Peterson or someone, then joe will just kiss their ass and make sure not to disagree with them on anything

Maybe not intimidated but Joe definitely knows his boundaries. That's why when joe interviews someone who's not an alpha male he gets heated a lot of times when they disagree with him. But if it's a fighter or someone who's just a really strong debater like Jordan Peterson or someone, then joe will just kiss their ass and make sure not to disagree with them on anything

He was very different with Mel Gibson, Jay Leno and Jamie Foxx. Maybe Joe shouldn't have those superstars on his podcast at all, because its pointless the way he does it. His head is too far up their asses.

Finished watching the interview now, and I have to say it was disappointingly mediocre... Joe missed on asking a lot of interesting questions... Instead he talked a lot about drugs and was busy with his typical ass kissing.

He asked "How old were you when you took drugs for the first time", ... 20 minutes later "When did you smoke Marijuana for the first time" etc... And Mike responded every time "When I was 11".

He has a sports legend in front of him and makes him look like a stoner.

Dude owns a weed farm/resort.................

He's Mike Tyson....how
Only watched like 20 mins of it but I think joe is intimidated by mike, knowing that even in his later years he's still a little crazy, so joe is scared to probe him and go in depth and instead just praised him the whole time. Mike's definitely not all there anymore and that makes interviewing hard too. I think an hour and a half or two hours is just too long for mike to be interviewed. Should be like 45 mins tops

You don't probe into Tyson bra. Have you seen some of his past interviews....dude is not a complete idiot and will tell you step back if you're getting too deep. Hes had interviewers treat him like hes a 2nd rate idiot then he takes em to school. at the end of the day hes mike tyson. much like a pit bull. A great and loyal dog if you treat it right, playful and nice. Treat it like shit.....nice knowing ya.

Nah, that's typically not how acid is assuming you don't got some mental baggage going on to begin with.

Was that his first time fucking with acid? If so, sounds like he went about it wrong or simply just can't handle his drugs and should just keep away from psychedelics in general.
No idea. Heard this story 12 years ago by a guy I kinda knew.

Joe's ego and love of hearing himself talk is what prevents him from being a great interviewer.

Joe's ego and love of hearing himself talk is what prevents him from being a great interviewer.

There's been several of his podcasts I've enjoyed, but the main thing I get annoyed with is him constantly interrupting his guests as they try to answer his questions. On some occassions it was a neccessary rudeness as some of his guests had a tendency to ramble onwards and off topic so he'd have to keep it on track, but for the most part I'm like, "Let him speak!!"

Exactly. And Joe had to work alot more than usual to keep the thing going cos mike just lapses into silence half the time,instead of following up like a normal person would do.

There's been several of his podcasts I've enjoyed, but the main thing I get annoyed with is him constantly interrupting his guests as they try to answer his questions. On some occassions it was a neccessary rudeness as some of his guests had a tendency to ramble onwards and off topic so he'd have to keep it on track, but for the most part I'm like, "Let him speak!!"
One time he really annoyed me when he had Joe Schilling on and Joe was talking about his dad and you could tell he was getting emotional but Joe didnt pick up on it cos something popped into his head and he started talking about something else,and he just left joe hanging there. But its not out of malice...its just how Rogan is.

I like the part when MT talked about his son wanting to box <45>

I only saw the part where he talked about not wanting to workout anymore. He sounded depressed and/or over medicated, so I did not watch the rest.

Joe Rogan is an ass kisser of the highest order when he gets someone with credibility on his podcast.

Tyson actually laughed at a few of the questions, and Rogan pulled himself back in with his ass kissing nature.

Back