Mike Tyson knocked out grown men as a 12 year old kid!

I believe he was knocking grown elderly women out as a 12 year-old kid for their SS and/or welfare checks and landed himself in trouble/JDC for it. Am I wrong?
I don't think he was quite KO'ing guys yet, but who knows. I've seen Seano's clip before and he was ID'd as 15 and I'm sure by then he could knock out most anyone.
the knocking down old ladies is kind of a stock poor boxer gets rich story. I think Mike has said he did that, or ripped off old ladies groceries. who knows if it's true or not. I wouldn't doubt it and I think mike had quite a rep on the streets before he went upstate, so he had to have done something to earn that at 12. I remember, after the douglas loss, some boxing writer said he always felt good when a guy like tyson lost because it was karma for all the victimizing that they did. truth be told, we have no idea how much of any of it's true. Hector Camacho used to have a rep as a street guy but I really don't know how much of that was true and how much of that his managers etc.., told him to say that for the press. there's an old clip of him talking about being a bully in the streets, i love the man but i really doubt a 120-30 pound kid is going around whipping all kinds of ass in any street.

Interesting thing about tyson is that he says in his podcast that he watched the first ufc event and became an instant fan. Said he couldn't fight mma because he would quit after getting leg kicked.

Dude has huge respect for mma. Gis podcasts are awesome and has an encyclopedia brain when it comes to boxing of the past
ya, love his pods, it's great to see him doing as well as he is. not the super millionaire he was but he's ok, can't say that for so many of the men I grew up on. (alexis, camacho, pryor, then my musical heroes)

the knocking down old ladies is kind of a stock poor boxer gets rich story. I think Mike has said he did that, or ripped off old ladies groceries. who knows if it's true or not. I wouldn't doubt it and I think mike had quite a rep on the streets before he went upstate, so he had to have done something to earn that at 12. I remember, after the douglas loss, some boxing writer said he always felt good when a guy like tyson lost because it was karma for all the victimizing that they did. truth be told, we have no idea how much of any of it's true. Hector Camacho used to have a rep as a street guy but I really don't know how much of that was true and how much of that his managers etc.., told him to say that for the press. there's an old clip of him talking about being a bully in the streets, i love the man but i really doubt a 120-30 pound kid is going around whipping all kinds of ass in any street.

Back then, they got paper checks they had to cash at a bank---or a local store, deli, gas station or whatever where they did that which was common back then.
Then would have the little envelope with all of it walking out.

You wouldn't think quite king of the streets yet, but a gifted and fast 130-pounder could damn sure light up a lot of people, for sure other kids/teenagers. lol

ya, love his pods, it's great to see him doing as well as he is. not the super millionaire he was but he's ok, can't say that for so many of the men I grew up on. (alexis, camacho, pryor, then my musical heroes)

I hear you. I remember when he sold the CT house, I think it was. His net worth at one point I remember was -(negative) $22M cited somewhere because I thought holy shit he'll never pull out of that, and how does he even fly places to sign or anything at that point. I think he had some angels that kept him from a much worse life about that time. Human angels.

Last edited:
Back then, they got paper checks they had to cash at a bank---or a local store, deli, gas station or whatever where they did that which was common back then.
Then would have the little envelope with all of it walking out.

You wouldn't think quite king of the streets yet, but a gifted and fast 130-pounder could damn sure light up a lot of people, for sure other kids/teenagers. lol
i could see tyson being a street bully but not macho. a gifted 130 pounder could handle a lot of civilians but many could just grab a guy that small and sit on him. Then we have other street thugs who know all the same streetfighting tricks but are bigger. Camacho used the street smart kid as part of his brand, it worked for him for awhile but it also worked against him, who would want to use a guy like that for endorsements? I still think, i don't know for sure, that it was just an image thing, either way the guy was my hero. when i see a 120 pound guy, i can't believe i was ever that small and i can't see how a guy that little would be able to do anything to me even with just one arm. Tiny. That's not to say them fucks can't be gifted and skilled. I've heard of featherweights beating up 300 pound men, one guy, was a highschool wrestler about that size and he told me a 126 pound boxer whipped his ass and i've seen 140 pound men bench 350, so they can be small and strong.

Imagine what a 12 year Mike Tyson would've done to De La Hoya if he tried plying him with alcohol and sticking his fist up his butt.

I guess that can be read two ways, both with the same result. Thanks for the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back