Mike "Platinum" Perry is your next big thing? Lol!

Joubroni was lucky the P bomb didn't land
giphy.gif

He got dropped multiple times, one of which was a jab. And he just plodded around barely throwing anything expecting to land a wild right...

I did enjoy the Platinum hype and jokes while they lasted though so there is that

Perry being the "Next big thing" was obviously a joke.
Nobody actually believed that. It was pure troll.

First I've watched him, he's completely average, another power puncher that plods forward with no answer to those who know how to stick and move.

I wouldn't say anyone who can compete in the UFC without being blown out is average, but that summary fairly well describes him. He clenched up his right hand the entire fight and telegraphed everything. His focus was constantly on being in position to throw the right hand.

I wouldn't say anyone who can compete in the UFC without being blown out is average, but that summary fairly well describes him. He clenched up his right hand the entire fight and telegraphed everything. His focus was constantly on being in position to throw the right hand.
Cm punk haha?

Platinum mike perry is the future goat, hes still young and cannot be stopped. Unfortunately he came to fight and did not train marathon running this camp

Dude is basically War Machine 2.0 he's a joke and so are his "fans".

the "hype" isnt real.... its just them mocking Conor fans. They'll move on to someone else soon enough

No, they truly believed in their 1-dimensional can crusher. Now, it's backpeddling time.

It wasn't a joke. Just uneducated MMA "fans" thinking they were gonna be the first to call their "next big thing".

He got owned and they got brought back to reality and now and only now are they coming out with "it was a joke".

I suggest they learn how jokes work.

The Platinum Haters sound like a bunch of front runners. They only want to be fans of people who are world champs and can't understand people being fans of someone who puts on exciting fights. Platinum had an off night, but his first two fights were exciting as fuck. Just because he had one setback doesn't mean his career is over and his fans should abandon ship.

That was the first fight of his I actually watch in real time. He's got good power in his right hand and is tough. That's pretty much all I can say about him. There are plenty of guys like him in WW, and once his chin gets cracked it's all downhill.

Put your love in the Lord: Lord Lando, aka the chosen one, aka one that was promised, aka Azor Ahai, aka LanGOAT VanGOATa:

cropped_13092287_1624363941220456_1328061264_n.jpg

The Platinum Haters sound like a bunch of front runners. They only want to be fans of people who are world champs and can't understand people being fans of someone who puts on exciting fights. Platinum had an off night, but his first two fights were exciting as fuck. Just because he had one setback doesn't mean his career is over and his fans should abandon ship.
You bring up a good point. However, losing to Jouban isn't like DHC losing to Cub Swanson, a top five competitor and a recent number one contender. This wasn't a loss in which you were beating the shit out of Tony Ferguson, the current number one contender, dropping him multiple times and doing it on one week notice in your UFC debut.

The Platinum Phenomenon was much like the Sage phenomenon, a hangover from the rise of Conor. Both Plat and Sage had similar records, alot of first round finishes and had a big gimmick built in: Sage with his flips and Leave it to Beaver shtick and Platinum with his bad boy attitude and Gangster's Paradise. The one misconception that I had about Platinum was that he would always come to kill or be killed, I thought he was a true savage that would atleast go out on his shield and always go forward.....it turns out that was wrong, and by the end of the fight, he was back pedaling, a shell of himself and just looking to stay alive. There was no berserker last minute blitz, there was no fury or desperation.....he just kinda wilted and did it at the hands of a fighter that is not even top twenty.

You bring up a good point. However, losing to Jouban isn't like DHC losing to Cub Swanson, a top five competitor and a recent number one contender. This wasn't a loss in which you were beating the shit out of Tony Ferguson, the current number one contender, dropping him multiple times and doing it on one week notice in your UFC debut.

The Platinum Phenomenon was much like the Sage phenomenon, a hangover from the rise of Conor. Both Plat and Sage had similar records, alot of first round finishes and had a big gimmick built in: Sage with his flips and Leave it to Beaver shtick and Platinum with his bad boy attitude and Gangster's Paradise. The one misconception that I had about Platinum was that he would always come to kill or be killed, I thought he was a true savage that would atleast go out on his shield and always go forward.....it turns out that was wrong, and by the end of the fight, he was back pedaling, a shell of himself and just looking to stay alive. There was no berserker last minute blitz, there was no fury or desperation.....he just kinda wilted and did it at the hands of a fighter that is not even top twenty.
Yeah, I said last night that I was really disappointed with his performance. It's not so much that he lost, or didn't look great. He did the one thing that pisses me off the most, going into the third round clearly down 2-0 and he didn't go for broke looking for the finish. That was pretty concerning, hopefully he learns from this loss and uses it as motivation to improve and we see a much better Platinum in the next fight.

So are you guys still hyping this guy after last night? Lol!

Dude is nothing but a middle of the road fighter and is never going past that. He doesn't have any extraordinary striking or any special skill set to scare anyone.

Being that he acts like a combo of a wigger/trailor trash all wrapped in one, he should make a great new Junie Browning type of story. Congrats to all of the Platinum fans, enjoy your Junie.
You are too stupid to understand sarcasm? All this hype was justa big trolling fest

You are too stupid to understand sarcasm? All this hype was justa big trolling fest
You say that now since he just lost and looked like shit.

Don't get condescending after being stupid enough to think he was all that and supporting human trash.

Back