Mike Perry or Lando Vannata - Bigger Letdown?

Lando for sure. He's got legit skills but fights wild and reckless.

Lando had higher expectations, he appeared to be a skilled and creative striker that also had a solid wrestling background. Perry was seen as a brawler that had limited skills but big power, great chin and heart.

And all that said, Perry is the one that wound up with the WAY better UFC career so far. As another poster listed, he has some very legit wins, and went to war with a high level fighter like Luque. Lando had the Tony fight but hasn't had any wins in the same league as Perry's best.

Lando had higher expectations, he appeared to be a skilled and creative striker that also had a solid wrestling background. Perry was seen as a brawler that had limited skills but big power, great chin and heart.

And all that said, Perry is the one that wound up with the WAY better UFC career so far. As another poster listed, he has some very legit wins, and went to war with a high level fighter like Luque. Lando had the Tony fight but hasn't had any wins in the same league as Perry's best.
Saenchai respects the Muay Thai of John Makdessi tho.

I thought of Perry as a fun brawler with some technical talent for stand-up and good physical strength for his size. Not really as champ material.

Lando looked to have the looseness needed to become one of the top strikers in the div, some ground game as well. He did really well against Ferg with awkward off-balance strikes (or broken rhythm). That is often a sign of more advanced talent. So I was definitely expecting Lando to do better than Perry and also just better in general.

Perry has done better in the UFC than Lando. But also below expectations. Some of the guys he's lost to aren't that good. Perry's also now viewed as a bum, but he can do well against fellow brawlers, even Lawler, if he's had some focus in preparation.

Last edited:
Lando since I never had high expectations for dumb ass Perry lol

Perry is exactly what we thought he was. A brawler with a good chin. Lando had some intrigue to him and some high hopes. Gotta go with Lando. If anything, Mike has done better than I expected.

Back