Mike Perry or Lando Vannata - Bigger Letdown?

Platinum

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
They came into the scene roughly at the same time, both had hype at the beginning of their careers

Michael Dwayne Perry, respectfully, IMHO beat Luque. Vannata almost beat Ferguson

Both are competitive outside of the top 15

Perry is batsh*t crazy nowadays and is simp as f*ck but I have to go with Lando

discuss

Lando is about to be 3-5-2 in the UFC and is one of the most overrated fighters I've ever seen, but for some reason he still has a legion of fanboys who thinks he'll KO every opponent because he once knocked down Tony Ferguson 4 years ago and ignore the fact that he loses to extremely average fighters

It's a strange phenomenon tbh

Lando is about to be 3-5-2 in the UFC and is one of the most overrated fighters I've ever seen, but for some reason he still has a legion of fanboys who thinks he'll KO every opponent because he once knocked down Tony Ferguson 4 years ago and ignore the fact that he loses to extremely average fighters

People love his attitude and style of fighting. Not everyone can become a top 5 fighter.

I guess Lando Vannata cus Mike Perry never really did anything......Lando burst onto the scene almost beating a top 5 lightweight in his debut then never followed through....Mike Perry beat Hyun Gyu Lim a maybe top 20-25 welterweight at the time and yelled a bunch, then went up and down like most fighters

Maybe it’s because he’s exciting and he always goes for it. People like to see you guys are creative and put on exciting flights, it’s not all about numbers and wins and losses

what that tells u is that people respect and appreciate someone like lando and how he fights compared to someone like usman. anybody on any given day would rather catch lando at a bar and chil with him than some other boring guy who wins more often

Lando by far

Perry never had potential to be a top fighter to me. After the Ferg fight, FOTY and ROTY candidate and then the KOTY candidate against Makdessi it really looked like Lando was on his way to becoming a top guy

Perry. He is considered Khamzat here 5 years ago

Lando for sure. Came in and damn near KTFO Tony Ferguson in his debut. Perry has never looked like anything more than a dangerous brawler. Lando has legit skills he just can't seem to out them together.

Lots of Shertards were christening Perry as The GOAT.

No one talked about Vannatta like that.

I guess Lando Vannata cus Mike Perry never really did anything......Lando burst onto the scene almost beating a top 5 lightweight in his debut then never followed through....Mike Perry beat Hyun Gyu Lim a maybe top 20-25 welterweight at the time and yelled a bunch, then went up and down like most fighters
He beat Jake Ellenburg, Brazilian Cowboy, Paul Felder, and in my opinion beat Vincente Luque as well, and he fucking entertains like everyday. You can shit on him all you want, but Perry is solid as fuck, he never getting cut.

He beat Jake Ellenburg, Brazilian Cowboy, Paul Felder, and in my opinion beat Vincente Luque as well, and he fucking entertains like everyday. You can shit on him all you want, but Perry is solid as fuck, he never getting cut.
Well said. Us brothas stay together.

Lando's only success is as a cautionary tale about why it's stupid for elite level fighters to accept last minute replacement opponents without doing real prep.

Last edited:
Lando is the most disappointing, came in strong by almost beating Ferguson and a lot of people expected him to be at the top. Meanwhile most of the Perry hype train passengers were almost as brain dead as Perry himself.

Back