Mike Perry made 250K show money at Triller Triad

what shocking is how bellator pays less than boxing companies 2. nobody ever said combat sports was easy. there been thusands of broke down boxers that nobody cares about but only care about the ufc. all i read is how ufc underpaid frank mir. what about belaltor they clearly paid frank less than what he just made now.
UFC pays less then boxing companies.....

Triller owned by the cartel or something? Seems like a Ponzi scheme or cleaning dirty money

Perry is a star who brings views. UFC made a stupid move releasing him.

They released the Reem, much more of a star. If Dana can fill the cards with 10k / 10k jobber from pretender series, he will. ESPN contract is already signed. Imagine how much more money Dana could save by cutting Rothwell & Arlovsky per year.

Welcome to the Dana’s UFightCheap era.

Good for them, they're washed and need the $ to retire (not that they will..)

Affliction
kpkyi8-b78457433z120090120142934000gkrg5a301lg.jpg

Are these sources legit? Assuming these numbers are correct, not as bad as I thought.

Also 20 (10 in some places) for the card and a concert is not hard to commit to

I agree the pricepoint and metallica makes it a total package and an easy sell. That is like 4+ thriller events for a single UFC PPV's

Last edited:
And, you know, paying their athletes a much higher percentage of profits/overhead than the UFC does (particularly in comparison to . . . . almost all other sports).

How much they pay them doesn't really have much to do with how successful it is. If the UFC wanted these fighters 3 months ago they could have had them all at 25% the price but they are basically rejects. It is about marketing and pricepoint.

Interesting opinion. From here though are you set to paying big bucks or can you get cheaper fighters?

Thriller will need to keep paying overs for fighters while they get a foothold IMO. It is only one event, although it seems it was pretty successful. I think adding the concert and trying to turn it into an entertainment package is interesting.

Thriller has shown it is willing to spend so I wouldn't bet against them replicating this success. If they do it enough they will soon enough be a significant threat to the UFC and be able to grab more talent. When you aren't leaving for a 1 off pay day but a multi-fight contract leaving the UFC (and probably closing the door to ever going back) makes taking the leap much more appealing.

Mae that money Perry!

Future BKFC Welterweight champion.

So far these Triller scumbags have staged a joke of a "boxing" match with a youtuber against a way smaller retired wrestler, a near 60 year old being assaulted by a renowned steroid cheat, and now a badly aging and severely outclassed mma fighter getting slaughtered. How many more of these shit shows are ACs going to allow to happen?

There are only so many gimmicks till they have to repeat and it becomes stale..Most of those guys were medicore or over the hill boxers against similar MMA couterparts..It setup the next one with a Rampage and Briggs shitshow...Whoever setup the Mir fight should be arrested for attempted murder.

When they panned to the crowd a good portion of the crowd wasn't even facing the ring and they were clearly there for the Metallica concert.

I think they have a couple more events before packing up shop.

How the hell that no name promotion made so much money??
doesn't mean they made that much, they lost a shit load on Holyfield/Belfort. But boxing, with the Ali act and such and the legal obligation to disclose numbers and %'s and such, it makes for the top end guys on cards making significantly more. The split is around 80/20 in favor of the fighters vs the promotion. It's the opposite in MMA

He deserved it.

It was a the fight of the night, and he got concussed and STILL managed to win (albeit against a last minute replacement).
Steel balls, that fella.

Back