News Mike Perry “I used to be great”

You can have all the talent or potential in the world, if you ain't got the brains and at least a bit of wisdom to go with it, it will be short lived.

He may have the physical part down pat. He's tough and can take a beating too.

Many a fighter have mentioned the mental aspect as being the biggest part of fighting and there have been several fighters that have explored sports therapy. It may be something he should look into if he's open to it.

just needs a proper fight camp and team behind him

<{cruzshake}>
You heard it here first folks...

Mike Perry laments over recent slum “I [used] to be great. [I don’t know] what happened,”

https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Mike-Perry-Laments-Recent-UFC-Slump-I-Used-to-Be-Great-178705

Let’s discuss Mike Perry’s fall from greatness

I think he still has potential to be great, if he just trains more, is dedicated 100 % and switches camps.

610da27sm7y41.jpg

<DisgustingHHH>

Trash, just another Koppenhaver.

Winning decisions and losing for years.
Decisions are not wins.

You ko'd Jake, get over it.

<22>

Plastic Perry belongs in BKFC.

.......true story.

His grappling seems to be better. Everything else is either the same or worse. His best performance is against Felder who is an average 3 round fighter who is more effective at 155.

The guy is so flat footed. He is a tough street fighter. He has no head movement or athleticism in there at all. He just looks so stiff. Even his kicks look like he really has to think to let them go. Nothing flows at all.

He was never great but he did have some success early on. Unfortunately we all know what happened after that. Zero discipline, zero patience, a complete and utter disaster outside of the cage to the point that he became a disaster inside the cage. Hopefully he grows the fuck up for the kid’s sake.. people in worse positions have done some incredible turnarounds, so it’s possible.

You were always a one dimensional hill billy fighter and your head coach was your bimbo girl friend so no surprises there.

No Mike, You were never great..Barely average is a better description.

He is tough enough to get far, and has heart. A lot of dudes wilt after taking the punishment he has taken. He needs guidance, and more importantly cut down the partying.

He was never great but he did have some success early on.

Why do people keep saying this?

His first two wins were against guys with .500 or worse UFC records. In his 3rd fight he was outclassed by a journeyman in Jouban.

Perry had a punchers chance then and has a punchers chance now. He can still beat guys who don't belong in the UFC and he has literally always lost to the ones who are UFC caliber. The single deviation in his entire run is accidentally beating Brazilian Cowboy in a decision.

To be honest I think the UFC would be scared of cutting him as he could play the racist card. There are still not enough black fighters in the octagon. Last thing they wanna do is cut another one.

Dude made a name off of his toughness. Toughness is quickly starting to run out.

Happens to all the tough guys that don’t have exceptional skills to mix with their durability and grit.

Maybe not great, but definitely a better version of himself. His fight against Luque is the best example.
That kind of fight puts years on you, it will catch up with Luque too, eventually.

Back