Mike Goldberg runs into ex-UFC boss Dana White: ‘What the f—k are you doing here?’

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

GettyImages-139075276-e1624316986552.jpg

Dana White never told Mike Goldberg why he lost his job.

It was just around five years ago that legendary play-by-play caller Mike Goldberg found out his nearly 20-year run with the UFC was over. Goldberg told MMA Fighting after his unceremonious departure from the UFC in 2017 that he was “stunned” about the company’s decision to not renew his contract, and that he was a little upset that UFC president Dana White never even bothered to reach out to him about the move. But Goldberg revealed to Heavy in an exclusive interview that he did eventually get his face-to-face with White, even if it happened by chance and a few years after the fact.

“What the f*** are you doing here?”

That’s what White asked Goldberg upon seeing him. It might look bad on paper, but Goldberg assured me that it’s basically how White greets everyone.

Goldberg was in Las Vegas coaching his son’s team in a local hockey tournament.

“Dad, That’s Dana!”

Those are the surprising words Goldberg’s son hit him with as the two were headed out to their game that day.

Goldberg admits it was kind of nerve-wracking to run into someone who had basically fired him but never actually told him why.

“What do I do here?” Goldberg wondered.

Eventually, he decided.

“I walked up, and I said, ‘Hey, Dana, how are you?'”

White greeted him and his son Cole, and Goldberg reports that the overall experience was mostly positive.

“We shook hands. I said I’d love to stay in touch. He said we should do that. And there you go,” Goldberg said.

Still, the longtime “Voice of the Octagon” also admitted that things were super weird.

“After that amount of time, it was just an awkward situation…,” Goldberg said.

Still, the famed announcer said he was happy to finally have that moment with White, even if it came unintentionally on the UFC boss’s part and arguably way too late.

So Goldberg did eventually get to talk to White after he was let go by the UFC. It just didn’t go the way most people think it probably should have.

“It was a fluke, but then again maybe it was meant to be,” Goldberg said.

https://heavy.com/sports/ufc/dana-white-awkward-situation/

Last edited:
What time is it at in the video please sir

Joe Rogan never got enough shit for this either. Shunned his supposed boy on the air and did the same thing Dana did. It was only when Rumble Johnson said some nice things about Goldberg in his post fight interview that he finally felt the shame to finally make a contrived and forced statement about Goldberg on his own social media.

GettyImages-139075276-e1624316986552.jpg

Dana White never told Mike Goldberg why he lost his job.

It was just around five years ago that legendary play-by-play caller Mike Goldberg found out his nearly 20-year run with the UFC was over. Goldberg told MMA Fighting after his unceremonious departure from the UFC in 2017 that he was “stunned” about the company’s decision to not renew his contract, and that he was a little upset that UFC president Dana White never even bothered to reach out to him about the move. But Goldberg revealed to Heavy in an exclusive interview that he did eventually get his face-to-face with White, even if it happened by chance and a few years after the fact.

“What the f*** are you doing here?”

That’s what White asked Goldberg upon seeing him. It might look bad on paper, but Goldberg assured me that it’s basically how White greets everyone.

Goldberg was in Las Vegas coaching his son’s team in a local hockey tournament.

“Dad, That’s Dana!”

Those are the surprising words Goldberg’s son hit him with as the two were headed out to their game that day.

Goldberg admits it was kind of nerve-wracking to run into someone who had basically fired him but never actually told him why.

“What do I do here?” Goldberg wondered.

Eventually, he decided.

“I walked up, and I said, ‘Hey, Dana, how are you?'”

White greeted him and his son Cole, and Goldberg reports that the overall experience was mostly positive.

“We shook hands. I said I’d love to stay in touch. He said we should do that. And there you go,” Goldberg said.

Still, the longtime “Voice of the Octagon” also admitted that things were super weird.

“After that amount of time, it was just an awkward situation…,” Goldberg said.

Still, the famed announcer said he was happy to finally have that moment with White, even if it came unintentionally on the UFC boss’s part and arguably way too late.

So Goldberg did eventually get to talk to White after he was let go by the UFC. It just didn’t go the way most people think it probably should have.

“It was a fluke, but then again maybe it was meant to be,” Goldberg said.

https://heavy.com/sports/ufc/dana-white-awkward-situation/

I truly think Dana is a sociopath. The rate of sociopathy amongst CEOs and very successful business people is extremely high compared to the general population. Someone gives you 20 years of service and you just discard them when they're no longer necessary. Totally cold blooded, no emotional attachment or sentimentality whats over.

Joe Rogan never got enough shit for this either. Shunned his supposed boy on the air and did the same thing Dana did. It was only when Rumble Johnson said some nice things about Goldberg in his post fight interview that he finally felt the shame to finally make a contrived and forced statement about Goldberg on his own social media.

Joseph Rogan would never do that. He is a true and loyal friend.

Just ask Bryan Callen, Chris D’elia, Joey Diaz, Brendan Schaub, Eddie Bravo, Ari Shafir, and Tony Hinchcliffe.

Goldie probably has dirt on Dana, perhaps caught him and the Fertitta brothers stuffing a dead hooker in the trunk of a car one night.

I truly think Dana is a sociopath. The rate of sociopathy amongst CEOs and very successful business people is extremely high compared to the general population. Someone gives you 20 years of service and you just discard them when they're no longer necessary. Totally cold blooded, no emotional attachment or sentimentality whats over.
TS is misleading you with the title

Joseph Rogan would never do that. He is a true and loyal friend.

Just ask Bryan Callen, Chris D’elia, Joey Diaz, Brendan Schaub, Eddie Bravo, Ari Shafir, and Tony Hinchcliffe.
Exactly lol, Rogan is a Hollywood snake just like all the other Comedians, and Actors. All their friendships are based on business, the second being your friend is bad for business you're done

Back