*Mike Goldberg NOT Sick* - Dana White: "I Don't Know When He'll Be Back"

But, who will tell us that Roy Jones Jr. respects the hands of Forrest Griffin or that Travis Lutter is the Michael Jordan of BJJ or that it's all over or that everything else is virtually identical?

Goldy will be checking into a "hospital" with "exhaustion" for about 30 days soon.

This is what I came to post.

Dude looks like he really liked/likes to have "fun." IMHO, he has aged in that lead singer of Duran Duran kind of way over the last couple years.

The mother of my children and her friends always thought Goldie was good looking before.. They noticed his looks going before I did. In a blind taste test, way too many prefer Coke to Pepsi imo. Pepsi is good too.

I keep reading this. Is there some rule that says there has to be a PBP broadcaster and color commentator? I know that's usually how it goes, but I can see some of the more interesting color guys like Rutten or God help me Bonnar performing some of Goldberg's duties.

FOX tried it a few years ago with Barry Switzer and Terry Bradshaw. It was worse than watching TV with my brothers kids.

PBP is exceedingly difficult. You have to say what you see as its happening. Try it next time you watch a sporting event. Be clear, knowledgeable and engaging with little or no dead air or cursing.

You tube Jim Lampely or Al Michaels. Those two are arguably the best. There is also an English guy that does soccer in Europe and he is pretty bad ass too.

John Madden or Jon Gruden and Joe Morgan are top color guys.

Goldie wont get fired. Isn't he the longest standing UFC employee? Other than Vitor and Joe Rogan.

I keep reading this. Is there some rule that says there has to be a PBP broadcaster and color commentator? I know that's usually how it goes, but I can see some of the more interesting color guys like Rutten or God help me Bonnar performing some of Goldberg's duties.

Well for it to be actual commentary rather than a conversation then you'd need a play by play guy. If you didn't it would just be two guys talking to each other about it.

Even so, if you got two colour guys doing it then one would inevitably take a more PBP orientated role, defeating the point of having two colour commentators.

I'll miss Goldie. Even though he fails more often than not, I've been listening to his voice for years. :icon_neut

why couldnt they have Kenny or Bas commentate?..

Because they are both colour commentators. Aniks the guy for the plugs etc. Kenny, Bas, Joe, Mir, Bonnar etc call the fights because they know what's happening.

This is what I came to post.

Dude looks like he really liked/likes to have "fun." IMHO, he has aged in that lead singer of Duran Duran kind of way over the last couple years.

The mother of my children and her friends always thought Goldie was good looking before.. They noticed his looks going before I did. In a blind taste test, way too many prefer Coke to Pepsi imo. Pepsi is good too.

I definitely think goldie prefers coke to pepsi...

schiavello would be fun to have, but he outshines everyone he commentates with, and joe would not be cool with being outshined. they just wouldn't work as a pair.

Can't stand Schiavello. Guy belongs commentating tractor pulling events.

"GouuudnoittOujraaaeeeiinnnn!!!!!!!"

Fucking peasant.

Dana caught Goldie and Ronda....insiiide the bedroom.

Damn! Was looking forward to "And it's AAAALLLLL OVER!" after JDS KO's Velasquez.

Mauro calling a UFC event would be great. dude is a pro. He calls Boxing really well now, and he handled meeting Dana and interviewing him on Showtime really well.

EDIT: Schiavello is also good at his job. Don't hate for no reason.

Just hire Bas already...

Why? I think he is awesome.

He has a stark personality. You love him or you hate him. He suits the average fan who more interested in random violence than the more hardcore fan who perhaps prefer a slightly more dignified approach.

Why? I think he is awesome.

I'm with Halge. "It's all over!!!" >>> "Good night Irene!!!"

Not a fan of The Voice, especially when he tries to coin his own meme, calling Guy Mezger "Sexy Beast" like how Sexyama was termed.

FOX tried it a few years ago with Barry Switzer and Terry Bradshaw. It was worse than watching TV with my brothers kids.

PBP is exceedingly difficult. You have to say what you see as its happening. Try it next time you watch a sporting event. Be clear, knowledgeable and engaging with little or no dead air or cursing.

You tube Jim Lampely or Al Michaels. Those two are arguably the best. There is also an English guy that does soccer in Europe and he is pretty bad ass too.

John Madden or Jon Gruden and Joe Morgan are top color guys.
I was working toward a broadcast journalism degree until I settled on Marketing, so it's not that hard. :icon_chee

I'm not going to write it off as easy, but I think a necessity for a good PBP commentator is to have personality and be emotive in his voice as we're forced to listen to him throughout the event. Bas has a distinctive voice, a really easy rapport with whomever he's commentating with. Now, I don't know how he and Joe would take to each other or if Bas would consider it somewhat of an insult to "dumb down" the technical stuff and describe things in laymans terms. The guy has a bit of an ego. But I think if he was game, he'd be a far more engaging PBP announcer than Anik. Bonnar has a breezy on air persona, and I don't see him being as uppity about calling PBP.

ETA: And Joe is technically a host, so he could easily do the plugs and adverts if the other guy was really awkward with it.

Back