*Mike Goldberg NOT Sick* - Dana White: "I Don't Know When He'll Be Back"

Mike-Goldberg-style-4.png

Read more...

I wonder what's wrong

Anik works hard and is more knowledgeable about the sport than Goldberg. He gets far too much hate on these boards.

Goldy is awesome, best in the MMA business.

there is no one else better.

Goldy and Rogan make it the UFC production that i want to see. Im saddened that he will not be there tomorrow.

Why are people saying Kenny or Mir should fill in for Goldie? They aren't even PBP commentators, think before you type people.

Who will say "And the stats are virtually identical" now?

Mike being out makes me happy, he is HORRIBLE at his job. Anik get's too much hate in my opinion. Anyone is better than goldie.

I hope they get Frank Mir or Kenny Florian to partner up with Joe in goldies abscence.

Mir and Kenny are color commenter as is joe, funny how you say he's terrible at his job yet you don't even know what it is...

HA! owned.

Last edited:
they should get michael schiavello to do pbp

Yep, he is so far beyond and head of anyone else its ridiculas the UFC has not picked him up. He has probably called more fights than any MMA commentator in history.

To this day, I am still dreaming about the ultimate combination coming together one day, even though I know it will most likely never happen. I would love to see Joe Rogan partnered up with Bas Rutten. Two guys who love the sport, know what the hell they're talking about, and who not only get really fired up for the fights, but know how to get the viewers fired up as well. There's nothing better than watching PRIDE fights and listening to Bas.

On a more relevant note, I'm not a fan of Goldie at all, but I guess I'm more of a fan than I thought, cuz I can't staaaand to listen to Anik. Some people are also mentioning Florian, but he's way too dry for me. He's too much of a factual gentleman for me to be interested in his commentary. If he loosened up a bit then I'd say Florian for sure if they had to replace Goldie with someone under the UFC roof.

I also didn't mind Mauro from the PRIDE days as well. He and Bas weren't a bad pair. He certainly had the knowledge and excitement, but he could have also been a little less professional and a little more loose. I guess the theme here is that I don't like tight-assed professional "talkers" blabbing when I'm trying to have a good time and enjoy a fight. Joe provides enough facts mixed in with his excitement and fun that I don't need a 2nd guy that does ONLY that like Goldie or Florian. I'd rather it be another well-rounded commentator like Joe. So I think Bas or a loosened up Florian/Mauro would be perfect.

To this day, I am still dreaming about the ultimate combination coming together one day, even though I know it will most likely never happen. I would love to see Joe Rogan partnered up with Bas Rutten. Two guys who love the sport, know what the hell they're talking about, and who not only get really fired up for the fights, but know how to get the viewers fired up as well. There's nothing better than watching PRIDE fights and listening to Bas.

No. They are both colour guys, you need a PBP guy.

They could literally get a drunk fan out of the stands who would do a better job and be more knowledgeable on what is going on in the cage than Anik.

This guy is a fucking joke.

Back