Mike Goldberg and Joe Silva

Dridemma

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Why did these two lose their jobs? Is it cause of the new owners or was it a choice?

Joe Silva retired to be with family more.

Mike Goldberg is fired due to whatever weird reason idk. He hasn't done anything worth being replaced no matter what a bunch of haters say. Whoever they replace him with will the say the same if not more ridiculous shit.

If I had to guess, Joe was by choice. Mike was probably the new owners taking cues from internet post on how Goldie is terrible. They probably have some young shit that knows dick about mma making suggestions or decisions

Joe Silva retired rich

Goldie was fired.

Mistake imo

Goldie was shown the door just so he can keep it open when Bas walks in.

In my perfect world, that is.

If it's Mario Lopez, I'm going to be pissed. Goldie was an idiot most of the time but he was our idiot. He was iconic. His phrases are etched in MMA history.

If it's Mario Lopez, I'm going to be pissed. Goldie was an idiot most of the time but he was our idiot. He was iconic. His phrases are etched in MMA history.

Just let it go, man. It's allllll over!!!

Seriously, though, I agree. Pretty lame. I'd actually rather have seen Rogan replaced by Stann, than Goldberg fired to be replaced by some idiot celebrity.

Joe Silva did a job that was pretty much common sense most of the time. Creating match ups isn't really that difficult. Getting fighters to STFU and sign their contracts is the hard part. I didn't like a lot of Joe's match making, but to be fair I never really knew what went on behind the scenes and how the Fetittas allowed him to operate. Joe Silva was pretty hush hush and wasn't a camera whore like Uncle Dana.

Back