MIke Fowler submitted at Naga

DanSevern said:
He got his black belt in like 3 - 4 yrs or something .... just like Lloyd Irvin. Maybe he got promoted too quick. Either that or Gregor had the grappling gameplan too.

No disrespect to Lloyd or any of his fighters, but that last line was funny as hell. I am from DC myself, and have had the pleasure of meeting Mike, and I have to say he is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He is a BEAST on the mat too. For sure, Black Belt level.

mike fowler is insane at ju-jistu. I dont care if he got submitted or not, the guy has serious talent.

Not everyone can be BJ Penn (3.5 years to black belt and won the mundials)..............not even Mike Fowler.

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Not trying to be disrespectful but do you have more information on this post?.

Such was he driving by a school and noticed a lot of cars with posters saying NAGA event today and decided, "Hell I'm here, I might as well enter." Then had to roll with Gregor?

Or was he a judge, ref or staff at the event and then found out that there was no one in the upper belts and he decided to enter?

Something like that?

He was there with LLoyd and got the offer... being a warrior, naturally he took it.

He did almost get that back door sweep off, that probably would of taken him to the back, but gregor had atleast 2 gracies on every corner of the mat to probably tell him to take that arm.

either way gregor and fowler are the future stars of our sport.

judogido said:
No shame in losing to a better fighter on the day.

... The words "Mike Fowler submitted at Naga" are not an insult - just a statement of fact.

Sorry to chop up your quote, but I was thinking the same thing.

The fact that the thread was titled this way seems to me to only underscore how good Fowler is. In other words, that title can be best translated as "Holy Sh#t!!!"

Who was it (Ken Shamrock in his first book?) who said that anybody who claims to be undefeated has never fought anybody worth fighting?

TheHighlander said:
Ever consider looking at the age of the threads you respond to?
some do, some don't. some topics are timeless, though not this one. p.s. gregor got his brown belt and is now teaching some classes at the academy.

TheHighlander said:
Ever consider looking at the age of the threads you respond to?

Sorry to disturb you.

Fowler just got 2nd in the black belt division of the2006 Pan Ams, losing only to Andre Galvao.

He's very good.

johil d'o said:
Fowler just got 2nd in the black belt division of the2006 Pan Ams, losing only to Andre Galvao.

He's very good.
yes, he is. There is no doubt about that.

infamous mattyd said:
I was there and watched it, and Gregor, (one of my instructors) who only just got his brown belt beat Mike, a black belt with a kimura in the closing moments of the fight. I

that was in october i was there it was a nice step over kimura

Back