MIke Fowler submitted at Naga

dildoo~baggins said:
fowler took the fight on about 20 minutes notice... give him some respect

Not trying to be disrespectful but do you have more information on this post?.

Such was he driving by a school and noticed a lot of cars with posters saying NAGA event today and decided, "Hell I'm here, I might as well enter." Then had to roll with Gregor?

Or was he a judge, ref or staff at the event and then found out that there was no one in the upper belts and he decided to enter?

Something like that?

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Not trying to be disrespectful but do you have more information on this post?.

Such was he driving by a school and noticed a lot of cars with posters saying NAGA event today and decided, "Hell I'm here, I might as well enter." Then had to roll with Gregor?

Or was he a judge, ref or staff at the event and then found out that there was no one in the upper belts and he decided to enter?

Something like that?
Gregor was supposed to fight Daniel Valerde, so I'm guessing he no-showed and Mike took the fight on short notice (not like it would make a difference). It was still a great match and Mike had a shitload of supporters anyways. It was my first time watching a live superfight so I thought it was cool for a first time. Got to see Gregor win :wink:

Soid said:
Gregor was supposed to fight Daniel Valerde, so I'm guessing he no-showed and Mike took the fight on short notice (not like it would make a difference). It was still a great match and Mike had a shitload of supporters anyways. It was my first time watching a live superfight so I thought it was cool for a first time. Got to see Gregor win :wink:[/QUOTE

Thanks for the post. I never even knew it was a Superfight match. All the time I thought it was a regular match. Yeah, much props to Mike Fowler for stepping up.

Last year, at the Hawaii NAGAs, Ze' (can't spell his last name - Renzo's black belt) was a ref and since there was a bye for the upper division, he entered so that no one had a bye and won the whole thing. Thats what I thought happened again.

dildoo~baggins said:
fowler took the fight on about 20 minutes notice... give him some respect

Nobody was denying Mike any respect at all...

thers no shame in losing to a brown belt whether you are a blck belt or not in my opinion, lots of browns are at the same level, they just dont have the same belt color

props to gregor and props to fowler,both are top notch in the sport and classy guys

It's hard to make a gameplan in 20 minutes.

Fowler will be back and better than ever.

jjmuaythaiguy said:
Soid said:
Gregor was supposed to fight Daniel Valerde, so I'm guessing he no-showed and Mike took the fight on short notice (not like it would make a difference). It was still a great match and Mike had a shitload of supporters anyways. It was my first time watching a live superfight so I thought it was cool for a first time. Got to see Gregor win :wink:[/QUOTE

Thanks for the post. I never even knew it was a Superfight match. All the time I thought it was a regular match. Yeah, much props to Mike Fowler for stepping up.

Last year, at the Hawaii NAGAs, Ze' (can't spell his last name - Renzo's black belt) was a ref and since there was a bye for the upper division, he entered so that no one had a bye and won the whole thing. Thats what I thought happened again.
Ze is a fuckin stud. He's a real awesome guy.

who's disrespecting anybody...i wish i was so good at jiu jitsu that someone made a thread on sherdog everytime i got beat.

Stoic1 said:
Mike is a fucking stud. Him losing every once in a while is to be expected. And the thread title, as well as the starter are fucking gay. Props to Gregor, but don't go off making thread titles like this. Fowler deserves better.
should we lie about the fucking outcome?
Fowler submits gregor gracie by armbar in the first minute. there, you happy, jerkoff? since when is the truth disrespectful?

infamous mattyd said:
Fowler submits gregor gracie by armbar in the first minute. there, you happy, jerkoff? since when is the truth disrespectful?
Since we were cool enough to be there, we understand how well Fowler did. Some might interpret it differently. Nonetheless, that shit was priceless. So many people were silent hahaha. I was just chearing "Gregor!!!" whenever Gordinhos or Igor weren't coaching.

infamous mattyd said:

First of all, fuck you. There are many ways to state an outcome. The way it was presented here, as the thread title was simply wrong.

Congratulate the winner, don't mock the loser. Jerkoff.

Stoic1 said:
First of all, fuck you. There are many ways to state an outcome. The way it was presented here, as the thread title was simply wrong.

Congratulate the winner, don't mock the loser. Jerkoff.
think you over reacting man.
The thread titles says what happened. When someone like him loses its a big deal.... As the title says.. he was tapped.. big deal.. move on.

Has the thread title been changed? Cuz I'm confused as to what the big deal is.

I think the current title is oppropriate, because the news is about Mike Fowler getting submitted, not the other guy winning.

infamous mattyd said:
I was there and watched it, and Gregor, (one of my instructors) who only just got his brown belt beat Mike, a black belt with a kimura in the closing moments of the fight. I

He got his black belt in like 3 - 4 yrs or something .... just like Lloyd Irvin. Maybe he got promoted too quick. Either that or Gregor had the grappling gameplan too.

If Mike was tapped, so what? No one who follows grappling thinks Mike got his black belt too fast. He's that good.

infamous mattyd said:

This is not OT. Can the 'tude.

No shame in losing to a better fighter on the day.

A black belt is no indication of invincibility. You all know that you roll better on some days than others - on this day Gregor rolled better than Mike. Props to Gregor - bad luck to Mike.

Maybe Mike underestimated Gregor - who knows? Next time maybe the result will be different, maybe not. The words "Mike Fowler submitted at Naga" are not an insult - just a statement of fact.

guardpasser said:
thers no shame in losing to a brown belt whether you are a blck belt or not in my opinion, lots of browns are at the same level, they just dont have the same belt color

Very true, plus, there is no shame losing to a GRACIE, no matter what belt he is.

Back