MIke Fowler submitted at Naga

Shadowdean

Fear the Menanite!!!
@purple
Reaction score
Anybody else see the match? What is the name of the brazilian? Dude schooled Mike.

Damn, I'd like to watch that. Mike is pretty slick.

I was there and watched it, and Gregor, (one of my instructors) who only just got his brown belt beat Mike, a black belt with a kimura in the closing moments of the fight. I

infamous mattyd said:
I was there and watched it, and Gregor, (one of my instructors) who only just got his brown belt beat Mike, a black belt with a kimura in the closing moments of the fight. I

It must have been a hell of a match! You and the rest of Renzo's guys ROCK!

Gregor Gracie?

how old is this guy, he must be pretty young, and a freakin phenom!!

I was there & saw some of it, but I could not watch it because I was helping my friend get ready for his mat at mat #11 right after the superfight. Anyone know a site where I can find full NAGA results from October 23rd 2005. Nagafighter.com takes too long to put up the results.

Hmm wasn't he supposed to fight Valverde?

And yeah Gregor got him in the end with a kimura. It's as if he waited till the end to get it. The other dude looked fucking pissed after the match. At the end he looked like he wanted to leave.. very understandable.

Great fucking match, Gregor is 19 and is a beast. Just got his brownbelt too hahha.

19 DANG DUDE!!!

we'll see him in pride in a few years.

VampireMonk said:
19 DANG DUDE!!!

we'll see him in pride in a few years.
I think he's gonna focus on Jiujitsu more like his brothers instead of entering MMA.

being born a Gracie, it's just a matter of time til he gets in the ring,
that is the price of having that name... what a burden it must be.
and I hear so many people say they wish they were a Gracie, blah blah blah

VampireMonk said:
being born a Gracie, it's just a matter of time til he gets in the ring,
that is the price of having that name... what a burden it must be.
and I hear so many people say they wish they were a Gracie, blah blah blah
Not really, not all Gracie's try and go do MMA just because most americans know them for it. Roger Gracie for instance doesn't do MMA. I think they all want the chance of winning ADCC.

According to the man himself, Gregor took Fowler down, proceded to pass the guard and mounted Fowler. Fowler recovered half-guard and was eventually submitted by Gregor from the top of the half guard while attempting a sweep.

dildoo~baggins said:
fowler took the fight on about 20 minutes notice... give him some respect
Hell yeah he definently deserves the respect. He has a fan in me that's for sure.

Mike is a fucking stud. Him losing every once in a while is to be expected. And the thread title, as well as the starter are fucking gay. Props to Gregor, but don't go off making thread titles like this. Fowler deserves better.

dildoo~baggins said:
fowler took the fight on about 20 minutes notice... give him some respect
I give him as much respect i can, Mike has got BJJ black belt in 4 years!! He is one of the most tallented fighters ever seen, maby almost as tallented as BJ.

blackbelt in 4 years? Whoa. Anyways he's definently no BJ Penn or near him. But yeah the topic should be changed, sounds rather disrespecting to Fowler.

Back