Mike Dolce issues strong challenge to internet forum opponents

Looks like he has 4 pectoral muscles.

Yes a science that is heavily debated by expert on different approaches and what is optimal.

Calorie restriction vs Types of food restriction (low carb diet) for best weight loss, is one example of the problem with science in Nutrition.

Then on top of that you have factors that change the debate when diets need to be taylored for athletes are are trying to cut weight in the most effective way while not compromising there physical performance.

Yes it a science that is not as exact or precise as other fields, hence Y there is so much bro science in the industry.

No, the problem is that there is more than one way to skin a cat, but "experts" believe their way is best. However, they all agree on the basic fundamentals of nutrition.

Here's me Dolce. plz sponsor me.

tumblr_m6lr0rPq5E1qireq9.gif

After digging through earlier "Dolce is a douche" threads, I found some other lies that I forgot about.

Here is a quote from my homeboy, Oblivion, from 2012

In 2001, he squatted 635 in competition and then bombed out on Bench. He weighed 242 then. http://www.usapowerlifting.com/newsl...s/thunder.html

His UFC profile during TUF (now pulled) made other claims - deadlift 705 lbs, squat 840 lbs, and bench 535 lbs. This thread had it when originally posted: http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f13/mike-dolce-766221/

I know I've found other interviews where his "all time bests" don't match up at all. It's hard for him to keep his lies straight.

Edit: That same thread found other comp #'s where he benched 335. That's what I was talking about earlier where it's fucking hilarious he claims to have added 200 lbs to his bench in that amount of time. He's a joke.

and more...the guy can't even keep his lies straight.

Can't find pictures of him as a powerlifter, does anyone have some?

In this article: http://www.knucklepit.com/mixed-mart...mike_dolce.htm

he says his biggest squat was 845lbs and his biggest dead was 765 lbs. Those seem like... crazy numbers given what he looks like now at least.

Yeah that's great if you're a 40 year old secretary, but it becomes a bit trickier if you're trying to maintain optimal athletic performance while dropping massive amounts of weight.
Camps average ten weeks give or take. The calories they are burning just from training should be significant. Other than putting them on a diet with good work out food and limiting their calories, what else can be done other than dehydrating at the end if need be? I'm asking sincerely.

At least Dolce promotes a better diet than the average dietician I've met. I don't have a high opinion of most dieticians, as they promote faulty advice IMO.

e.g. they advise cardiac clients to eat high carb, low fat diets (& avoid saturated fat), avoid eggs, etc. They ignore the fact that such a diet promotes obesity, high liver enzymes, homocysteine levels, etc, and that the best evidence shows there's no reason to avoid dietary fat and cholesterol. I've followed a high carb diet within the recommended caloric intake, and it's very difficult to intuitively eat the right amount compared to a higher fat/meat diet.

They give pretty similar advice to diabetics - a client group who uniquely have poor metabolism of carbohydrates, and who would be ideal for high fat, low carb diets. Their justification is that having a set amount of carbohydrates make it easier to regulate blood glucose levels via medication, i.e. instead of just eating suitable food for that person's physiology in the first place. You know, something that an expert in nutrition ought to be able to figure out.

Dolce literally can't go a minute without vigorously sucking his own pecker. 10 seconds into the vid and he starts going on how he's a 2004 OG golden god at this forum and all his haters are virgin posers who only joined a year ago.

No, the problem is that there is more than one way to skin a cat, but "experts" believe their way is best. However, they all agree on the basic fundamentals of nutrition.

Oh i agree. The problem is which is the best way to skin a cat.
I think a lot of the problem lies in the complex chemistry and genetics of each individual.

Does the atkins diet help you to lose weight...sure it does....it also could raise you risk of heart disease in the process depending on what fats you chose to consume.

We recently had a shift from the Food pyramid for ideal healthy eating to food pie/pizza/plate. This has been initiated based on "expert" advice obtained by govt agencies.

Even so despite the extensive research of the health concerns with wheat and its links with diabetes and other health issues,wheat based grains are recommended as part of this new dietary system in the food plate as it was in the old pyramid.

So I will have to disagree with the basics of nutrition being agreed on.

There is far to much political and economic interests in consumer good production for there to be any real hard stances on ideal nutrition.
Just look at the smoking debate 30-40 years ago. Scientific studies ontop of counter studies going round in circles b/c there was too much money in the industry at stake.

Yes it is science, but many aspects of nutrition are to heavily debated for there to be any real clear stance on ideal, or optimal.

sorry hate to rant.

At least Dolce promotes a better diet than the average dietician I've met. I don't have a high opinion of most dieticians, as they promote faulty advice IMO.

e.g. they advise cardiac clients to eat high carb, low fat diets (& avoid saturated fat), avoid eggs, etc. They ignore the fact that such a diet promotes obesity, high liver enzymes, homocysteine levels, etc, and that the best evidence shows there's no reason to avoid dietary fat and cholesterol. I've followed a high carb diet within the recommended caloric intake, and it's very difficult to intuitively eat the right amount compared to a higher fat/meat diet.

They give pretty similar advice to diabetics - a client group who uniquely have poor metabolism of carbohydrates, and who would be ideal for high fat, low carb diets. Their justification is that having a set amount of carbohydrates make it easier to regulate blood glucose levels via medication, i.e. instead of just eating suitable food for that person's physiology in the first place. You know, something that an expert in nutrition ought to be able to figure out.

Well the healthcare industry isn't really going for health, especially in the US.
Why would a doctor, who just got back from a sweet ass cruise courtesy of Pfizer, want to advice his patient to stop their medication and to actually eat right. After all their nice sales rep said it's good for the patient. Why would she lie? She probably knows best. Better increase Mr. Smith's carb intake so we can better control his blood sugar with this miraculous medicine.
The way pharma companies start to affect medical students from day 1 is sickening. Free stuff, free dinners, "supporting" (bribing) student bodies, etc. You just have to sit though their presentation of how awesome all their meds are.

Diet is without a doubt the single biggest health issue in the western world and a country full of sick people cannot prosper. Drug companies' solution is, surprisingly, drugs that don't do shit and mess you up even more.

I'm going on off-topic tirade here so I better just stop now.

First of all, plenty of diets work. Nobody says his system can't make you lose weight. It's that his system is the basic-bitch of nutrition and he overcharges for it thanks to bullshit connections to the UFC.

but why are guys paying for it, and why did the two most famous TRT guys pay him? Hmmm, maybe there is some connection there.

He offers a good service and none of you are signing up?

but why are guys paying for it, and why did the two most famous TRT guys pay him? Hmmm, maybe there is some connection there.

Plenty of signs point to Dolce's "Nutrition" expertise. That said, I think guys are not paying as much as they say. I think the UFC is supplementing their use of him to prop their own UFC-Nutrition bs.

But that's all conjecture on my part and just as likely false as it is true. I'm just using the ooooole thinky-box.

Plenty of signs point to Dolce's "Nutrition" expertise. That said, I think guys are not paying as much as they say. I think the UFC is supplementing their use of him to prop their own UFC-Nutrition bs.

But that's all conjecture on my part and just as likely false as it is true. I'm just using the ooooole thinky-box.

yeah, my gut instinct has always been very uncomfortable with that guy, I just don't trust him. I used to listen to MMA Junkie a lot, and he was on a lot, and he says a lot of things that are good, there wasn't anything you couldn't learn reading any magazine in a doctor's waiting room. There has to be something else, unless guys just really need a cook/babysitter/motivator for that kind of money. And yeah, the other "nutrition" issue is a big suspicion of mine.

Back