Mike Dolce deadlift

Dude is strong as fuck. It remains to be seen how much it helps in the fighting game. I guess improving your core strength would be a positive. Anyway it's pretty impressive.

He is very, very strong especially for his size.

nah man u look like wonderboy on steroids
61bL5J4S-VL._SY550_.jpg

I wonder if that was his warmup for his 500 lbs x 20 beltless squat claim.

God damn 455 for 10 reps... my 1 rep max isn’t much better then that now I feel like a bitch

God damn 455 for 10 reps... my 1 rep max isn’t much better then that now I feel like a bitch

I have just hit 600lb for a one rep max and I have never hit more than 10 reps with 440.

He's a beast.

Also if you max over 450 you're strong Imo.

Jesus. A guy posts a vid of someone deadlifting with good form and people in here shitting on the guys form because its too good? Is this real life?

Envious of his form. Recently realized I squat the weight up rather than hip hinging.

Not true. You flex your core hard like you're trying to take a massive dump that won't come out. That's what really prevents injury...it's also why you try to crap before you lift. If you're even able to keep your back totally straight, you're not lifting much weight.

Are you saying Tony Ferguson's form is great?

Are you saying Tony Ferguson's form is great?

Never watched him deadlift, but I do know that keeping your back perfectly straight is damn near impossible when you're lifting any real amount of weight. I've never used a belt and I've never hurt my back because I had a good coach when I learned how to lift. He taught me to worry less about keeping your back straight, and more about keeping your core really tight and how to breath so you don't pass out when the weight gets heavy.

Deadlifts are worthless...Ferguson will still fuck em up hard.

Tony Ferguson has true grappling strength...How much u bench/deadlift/squat does not make you stronger in that.
Two identical twins with same level of grappling technique. One of them power lifts while the other does not power lift. Guess witch one is going to have an advantage when they go against each other?

Never watched him deadlift, but I do know that keeping your back perfectly straight is damn near impossible when you're lifting any real amount of weight. I've never used a belt and I've never hurt my back because I had a good coach when I learned how to lift. He taught me to worry less about keeping your back straight, and more about keeping your core really tight and how to breath so you don't pass out when the weight gets heavy.

I can feel that. Completely straight is tough, I thought you were advocating for the other end of the spectrum. Great AV btw. It's crazy how the goat is now the crying face guy.

Two identical twins with same level of grappling technique. One of them power lifts while the other does not power lift. Guess witch one is going to have an advantage when they go against each other?

This is a moot point as there are way more efficacious forms of exercise that apply to grappling than powerlifting.

Back