Migrant whose deportation was thwarted by 'hero' Swedish student was actually sentenced for assault

Scheme

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/0...udent-was-actually-sentenced-for-assault.html

1533053747421.jpg

Elin Ersson, a student at Gothenburg University, was subjected to fawning media coverage over her stunt earlier this month when she refused to take her seat on the plane until the 52-year-old Afghan deportee was released. She was successful and authorities weren’t able to deport the man. (Facebook)

The Swedish student who was branded a “hero” and captured worldwide attention after she stopped the deportation of an Afghan migrant by refusing to sit down on a plane instead prevented the extradition of a man sentenced for assault and whose asylum application was rejected.

Elin Ersson, a student at Gothenburg University, was subjected to fawning media coverage over her stunt earlier this month when she refused to take her seat on the plane until the 52-year-old Afghan deportee was released. She was successful and authorities weren’t able to deport the man.

However, Swedish Police confirmed to Fox News that the man whose deportation Ersson prevented had received a prison sentence in Sweden for assault. The police spokesman declined to go into more details about the crime the migrant has committed. His asylum application was also rejected.

WOMAN REFUSES TO SIT DOWN ON FLIGHT IN EFFORT TO STOP MAN'S DEPORTATION TO AFGHANISTAN, DRAMATIC VIDEO SHOWS

A representative for Ersson declined Fox News’ request for a comment.

One of the largest newspapers in Finland, Helsingin Sanomat, reported last week as well that the man was sentenced for assault. The man will still eventually be deported, though the date remains unknown, the newspaper reported.

Despite lacking information about the man who was being deported, most media organizations jumped on the story, with the Washington Post calling Ersson’s stunt a “dramatic act of civil disobedience” while Newsweek magazine described the student as a “hero”.

CNN, meanwhile, spoke with Swedish authorities who confirmed that it was “forced deportation,” yet the outlet didn’t reveal why the man faced deportation.

The Swedish student live streamed the whole incident and it was viewed nearly 5 million times on Facebook alone. In the video, she’s heard saying “there is a man who is going to get deported to Afghanistan, where he will most likely get killed” and the she won’t “sit down until this person is off the plane.”

“I am doing what I can to save a person’s life,” she continues. “As long as a person is standing up, the pilot cannot take off. All I want to do is stop the deportation, and then I will comply with the rules here. This is all perfectly legal, and I have not committed a crime.”

An annoyed passenger tried to grab the phone from Ersson, saying she’s upsetting others. To which the student replied: “It's not my fault that he's getting deported. I'm trying to stop this.”

“I'm trying to change my country's rules. I don't like them. It's not right to send people to hell,” she added.

Something about intentionally paving roads to hell....

Some bonus fake news:
CNN, meanwhile, spoke with Swedish authorities who confirmed that it was “forced deportation,” yet the outlet didn’t reveal why the man faced deportation.

She looks like a moron. Somebody should have sat her down. Seriously.

There's more to this story imo. On what planet is she not bodily removed from the plane by the police?

There's more to this story imo. On what planet is she not bodily removed from the plane by the police?

On a planet where airlines fear repercussions like United got from dragging that Chinese dude off

On a planet where airlines fear repercussions like United got from dragging that Chinese dude off

Of course they couldn't just enact a common sense approach.

Has to be from one extreme (overbooking flights on purpose and then removing people) to the other extreme (privileged women get to waste everyone's time with no repercussions).

I fucking can't stand PR based decisions like this. You know it won't be applied evenly either.

Try refusing to sit down in an airline on American soil, you'll never fly again.

What kind of a shithole country would let some dumb chick interrupt their legal process??? They should have dragged her off the plane, charged her with a crime.

The progressive insanity just keeps getting better. She even has that crazy look in her eyes where one is more open than the other.

<36>

Her eyes of tears and joy reveal a truly dumb naive idealistic ignorant child who has a brain filled with only fluff and emotion.

Her reward will be getting gang raped by the lovely afghan gentlemen and his fellow rapeugees

Some green party moron tried to do this same shit in Finland.

The officials just kicked her out of the plane and she'll be facing hefty monetary penalties.

Some green party moron tried to do this same shit in Finland.

The officials just kicked her out of the plane and she'll be facing hefty monetary penalties.
I like the Fins so much better then the Swedes these days.

Pretty sure someone warned us about the "slippery slope" of womens rights..

There will be rape victims in her country by migrants, and I just hope it is people like her that bear the brunt of it. You make that bed of rape, then you sleep in it.

May god give protection to the innocent.

Miss, you're going to have to sit down or exit the plane.

Easy as that.

@Ophydian

As I listened to the most recent Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, I thought of our previous discussion about the Trump administration's zero tolerance policy. I recall that you questioned my statement that the Obama administration also separated parents from minor children at the border. Here is an excerpt from Deputy Chief of Border Patrol Carla Provost's testimony:

I want to dispel the myth that prosecuting illegal border crossings or separating adults from children in custody is unique to "zero-tolerance" or to this administration. To be fair, we have prosecuted adults who have crossed the border illegally with their children under prior administrations. As with any other law enforcement agency in this country, a parent who is prosecuted for a violation of law cannot bring their children with them into criminal custody.

Back