Mighty Mouse's flying armbar is still the greatest submission i've seen in the UFC

i7RGHVD.gif

I know not UFC, but this one still brings back good memories

That's a flying armbar

Great sub, but nope. There have been more interesting, more difficult, and against better opponents, subs in the UFC...and if I have to gif them for you, you're a fucking casual.

It's the greatest submission in mma history imo.

The mouse trap.

MM says he has another move that’s a mouse trap. Can’t wait to see it.

But yeah, greatest submission ever. I’ve seen it dozens of times and I’m in awe every time. Even if you hate little guys for whatever, you should appreciate that move.

This forum doesn’t though. Shocker.

Great sub, but nope. There have been more interesting, more difficult, and against better opponents, subs in the UFC...and if I have to gif them for you, you're a fucking casual.

Name fucking one you fuckboy.

Marcus Aurelio had a sick armbar on Ryan Roberts in the ufc. Recommend that one for sure.

Aoki hammerlock on Hirota gets a mention as well. Wasn’t in the ufc but it was fuckin nasty.

This was better considering that it was a fight that was actually competitive. Although that sub MM put on Borg was ridiculous.
It really comes down to what OP means by "greatest". Mir breaking arms is ridiculous when it happened or when he caught Lesnar's leg. Silva tapped Chael at 4.59 (or whatever it was) was insane. Ortega readjusting a G while hanging from the neck of a standing opponent, that is pure greatness.

This one’s pretty good.

giphy.gif

tumblr_mc81w1XGbk1ry1rm7o2_r1_250.gif

It really comes down to what OP means by "greatest". Mir breaking arms is ridiculous when it happened or when he caught Lesnar's leg. Silva tapped Chael at 4.59 (or whatever it was) was insane. Ortega readjusting a G while hanging from the neck of a standing opponent, that is pure greatness.
True. I think DJ/Borg would win best submission in UFC history in some categories, but not others.

I do like that it was historic though. Him breaking the title defence record wouldn't have felt the same if it went to decision.

Last edited:
Name fucking one you fuckboy.

gif_mj6dju.gif

That one is just for you, "fuckboy".

Now here's a legit one.

dfdf065df022d002ffd006d034ff017.gif

Know what that is? Of course not, you fucking casual. Getting an Ezekiel choke, from the bottom, no Gi, with gloves on, while your opponent has full mount, is a waaaaaaaaaay more impressive submission then DJ's "flying" arm bar...know why I put flying in quotes? Because it wasn't a flying arm bar, fuckboy. His one foot never left the mat...that isn't "flying"...fuck you're obtuse lmao.

Because I want to fuck you up a bit more, here's another example...

RequiredHandmadeArcticduck-size_restricted.gif

...and because you clearly know very little about grappling, I'll tell you what this one is...it's a Gogo choke. Again, much more impressive then what DJ did. It's not just the sub itself, its against someone like Barnett, who's a submission expert...the guy subbed Dean Lister ffs. Getting a fancy arm bar over the likes of Ray Berg isn't "amazing". Yes its cool, no its not nothing...but its not even top five. Sherdog and its low standards.

Now...

giphy.gif

Mighty Mouse isn't really my cup of tea, but that submission was pretty amazing. I just feel like he's a massive fish in such a small pond...not sure if he could pull that off against people of better skills / experience. Either way it's easily one of the Top 5 "holy fucking shit" moments in the UFC.

Back