Mighty Mouse was never good

I was so happy to see him finally lose, maybe this GOAT talk is finally over. A real champion one who deserves the GOAT title would of went up and took the fight with TJ to shut everyone up. Look he did not need to win but if it was very close then I would respect him. Fedor is the GOAT in my opinion seriously look at the win streak he had and no UFC fighter has ever defended the title more than 3 times in a row and that only happened once? GSP is the only other one I would even put in the conversation.

He's skilled but not the GOAT.

DJ is one of the best, but once again the A-level athlete theory is confirmed. People from other sports could swoop in and take MMA over, because getting punched and kicked in the head is not the first career choice for the best athletes in the world.

I still have to do a rewatch, I do not think Cujedo did enough to win.....

When have you ever seen anyone turn a slam into a flying armbar? Let alone in the 5th round of a record matching title fight? You may not like him or think his record stacks up to other title records but you cannot say he was never good. He is very, very good

DJ is one of the best, but once again the A-level athlete theory is confirmed. People from other sports could swoop in and take MMA over, because getting punched and kicked in the head is not the first career choice for the best athletes in the world.
It's not like he did the breast stroke, he has a gold medal in what has been proven to be the most effective weapon in an MMA arsenal time and time again. He also got smashed easily in the first round by a geeky little gamer boy first time they fought. Silly comment.

I don't know where people get this dumb idea that you can duck someone who isn't at all in your division.

Ducking is what you say when someone dodges a killer who is actually in their division.

Idk man cejudo has been a wrestler forever, which is a pretty pure form of fighting.

Cerejudo? How do you spell it? I should learn because he’s the champ now

I don't know where people get this dumb idea that you can duck someone who isn't at all in your division.

Ducking is what you say when someone dodges a killer who is actually in their division.
TJ was going to move down to his division so yeah, it is a duck

It's not like he did the breast stroke, he has a gold medal in what has been proven to be the most effective weapon in an MMA arsenal time and time again. He also got smashed easily in the first round by a geeky little gamer boy first time they fought. Silly comment.

Yeah I'd have to say this whole A level athlete thing is a total inanity here. Cejudo isn't a starter in the NFL or NBA (where athletes are used to a sport where simply bumping someone in the face is a foul) who strolled over to the UFC during an off season. He's an elite world athlete who reached the pinnacle of the primary sport MMA has become geared towards. Given the extent to which scoring, rules, the Octagon and general evolution of MMA so strongly favor wrestling, Cejudo had the most massive advantage anyone could ever hope for. And it still was not exactly as if he stormed in and rose to the title trivially; the first time he tried to use his skillset against MM he got stomped in about half a round and the second time, after two years of rigorous full time training, he edged him in a rather hotly contested split decision. Doesn't prove much of anythign regarding so called A Level athletes, certianly not with those outside wrestling.

So he isn't in that division is he? Nope.

He was given the chance to fight MM in MMs division. MM declined. How can you say that isn't a duck. It 100% is. He declined to fight at FLW against TJ

He was given the chance to fight MM in MMs division. MM declined. How can you say that isn't a duck. It 100% is. He declined to fight at FLW against TJ

MM campaigned for that fight a long time. They weren't going to give him the money he wanted so he had no desire to fight someone out of his weight class. Makes sense to me.

The real ducking is champions picking and choosing their fights IN their division. Bisping avoiding the real earned contenders at his weight is a great example.

You have no idea if TJ even would have made weight. That's kind of why weight classes exist. People cut as much as they can and fight where they feel comfortable. I'm sure you can figure out why TJ hasn't fought at flyweight before. It's simply not his weight class.

MM campaigned for that fight a long time. They weren't going to give him the money he wanted so he had no desire to fight someone out of his weight class. Makes sense to me.

The real ducking is champions picking and choosing their fights IN their division. Bisping avoiding the real earned contenders at his weight is a great example.

You have no idea if TJ even would have made weight. That's kind of why weight classes exist. People cut as much as they can and fight where they feel comfortable. I'm sure you can figure out why TJ hasn't fought at flyweight before. It's simply not his weight class.

"Weren't going to give him the money he wanted" so ask for a ridiculous number to ensure the fight doesn't happen. It's a way to avoid the fight.

And worrying about whether TJ makes weight isn't DJs concern at all. Guys miss weight all the time. He was happy to fight Borg who has missed weight repeatedly.

MM too busy playing video games these days he is not training!

"Weren't going to give him the money he wanted" so ask for a ridiculous number to ensure the fight doesn't happen. It's a way to avoid the fight.

And worrying about whether TJ makes weight isn't DJs concern at all. Guys miss weight all the time. He was happy to fight Borg who has missed weight repeatedly.

Yeah dude. He asked for about the same amount of money for YEARS because he didn't want the fight. Also the earth is flat.

Your opponent making weight so that you can fight is certainly your concern as well, but the point about weight is that TJ is not a flyweight and since we have no idea if he can actually make that weight once or more than once then why the hell should he get a chance at the belt? Its about more than just skill. TJ is obviously skilled enough to win that belt but if he can't make the weight I certainly don't give a fuck if he can beat DJ or not.

Back