Mighty Mouse vs Cody Garbrandt At 125 - Who Wins?

Depends on how much you rehydrate after you make weight. Larger men who cut an absurd amount of weight are criticized for it because by the time they rehydrate before the fight, they still have a pretty hefty weight advantage. Bone size and density also accounts for much of it, not just body weight.

Well DC had to watercut 30 pounds and campcut 10 vs HW where he just rolled off the KFC booth.

Cody just has to cut an additional 10 from where he usually cuts, he should have a similar amount of power, vs MM it should be one punch power.

I suppose these are true. Just googled and saw that Cody allegedly cuts from 146 to make 135...so it wouldn't be a huge cut either (if he's not lying). Still don't think it would be an easy fight for him as some people claim it to be. I don't think he would win a decision, but he could get the KO or TKO. I think MM would be able to win in any way though (T/KO, Sub, Dec.).

Ouch.

He wouldn't fight TJ who was willing to go to FLW unless he got a ridiculous amount of money. Ducked the biggest challenge of his career to fight cans.

Well it's good to know people still trust the word of Dana.

Cody cuts like 10 pounds to make 135

People in this thread are stupid

I really don't think anyone can keep up with DJ at 125. He's way too quick and comfortable there. Plus anyone who cuts a lot of weight to get to 125 would be in for hell if the clinch with him. Those knees to the body are crazy.

With that said, Cody and TJ have really good stopping power at BW. And while DJ is no stranger to BW power, those 2 are no joke.

I'd say DJ would UD both of them, maaaaybe get a late finish (could def finish Cody with clean counters), but would have to be very careful not to let either get comfortable with the striking.

MM would run circles around Cody and make him look 1 dimensional

MM would run circles around Cody and make him look 1 dimensional

Maybe... But people said the same about him and Dominick Cruz and look what happened there. I'd love to see history repeat itself.

Maybe... But people said the same about him and Dominick Cruz. I'd love to see history repeat itself.
I mean, when they fought at a distance DJ was clearly better than Dom. He was landing clean shots and nice head kicks. The stand up was pretty clearly DJ. The grappling is what got Dom the win. Cody is primarily a striker who has great wrestling to fall back on for defense.

DJ would be the first guy Cody would fight that is faster than him. I'd love to see how he deals with that.

I mean, when they fought at a distance DJ was clearly better than Dom. He was landing clean shots and nice head kicks. The stand up was pretty clearly DJ. The grappling is what got Dom the win. Cody is primarily a striker who has great wrestling to fall back on for defense.

DJ would be the first guy Cody would fight that is faster than him. I'd love to see how he deals with that.

lol No dude, I'm talking about Dominick vs Cody. People said he'd be too slick, too fast, too smart, etc. for a guy like Cody to deal with. They had a point, but Cody proved them all wrong. I think he could do it again against Deemtrious. It's a fight realistically that could swing either way, but almost every time DJ's been caught with a big shot he's been dropped. If Cody manages to catch him, it's likely over.

lol No dude, I'm talking about Dominick vs Cody. People said he'd be too slick, too fast, too smart, etc. for a guy like Cody to deal with. They had a point, but Cody proved them all wrong. I think he could do it again against Deemtrious. It's a fight realistically that could swing either way, but almost every time DJ's been caught with a big shot he's been dropped. If Cody manages to catch him, it's likely over.
Who the fuck said Dom was faster than Cody? I wanna slap them. I was shocked with how well Cody outclassed Dom in the footwork department tho. It'd be a tough fight for both imo.

Also, I am positive that you are remembering wrong. DJ has been dropped twice across his entire career. Both were in the first Dodson fight. The only other time that I've seen DJ hurt was against Horiguchi (who is a freak of nature)

He could take a few shots from Cody but he can't tank a too many of them in 1 round.

TJ was willing to go to FLW. It's completely different. And I don't hate FLWs because of their size. BWs are manlets too. There is no strength in depth at FLW. MM has the most defences ever yet he has almost 0 wins anyone will remember. TJ would have been the biggest win of his career and he ducked it.

I remember all his wins!! He is very impresive!! Do to Weight and strenght to size ratio its even more impresive to have such a great record. He is the smallest of the division and still manages to humiliate all the weight cutters that come down.

Who the fuck said Dom was faster than Cody? I wanna slap them. I was shocked with how well Cody outclassed Dom in the footwork department tho. It'd be a tough fight for both imo.

Also, I am positive that you are remembering wrong. DJ has been dropped twice across his entire career. Both were in the first Dodson fight. The only other time that I've seen DJ hurt was against Horiguchi (who is a freak of nature)

He could take a few shots from Cody but he can't tank a too many of them in 1 round.

He got dropped by Tim Elliot, too.

Cody couldn’t hang at his what his real weight class ought to be, so cuts a lot of weight to fight smaller guys.

Mm is far superior in every area, and the cut would diminish Cody’s skill considerably.

Mm would best him with ease. The only bright side is that cogar might learn a few things about footwork and timing, but only after he went back and studied the tape of mm destroying him.

He got dropped by Tim Elliot, too.
I don't remember DJ getting dropped in that fight. He looked like he got hit clean once against the fence and shot in for a single because he was stunned but other than that he pretty much outclassed Elliot.

Garbrandt is not a particularly large 135er, just for everyone making that argument. I think Cody would touch MM up. I suspect he drops to 125 should he lose to TJ again. He’s talked about making 125 without issue in the past.

Not sure, but Anderoid is lining himself up to take a shot at the winner.

They need to cut MM. The dude is useless.

Sherdoggers always talking about how Dana et Al screw fighters out of moneu. MM asks for a reasonable amount and now he's accused of ducking. I sincerely doubt MM is scared to fight anyone - look at who he's fought at both BW and FLW, he's no bitch

Garbrandt by KO.

Garbrandt outgrappled Cruz and Mighty Mouse isn't dangerous enough on the feet, he gets countered coming in and put to sleep imo.

Back