Mighty Mouse title defense record in UFC, KTFO 1st time of career in ONE

?

• Total voters
It is an extremely different regulatory scenario. In Asia, pretty much any org can have the rules without local athletic comissions bothering them. Not in the USA.
The ufc holds cards in other countries all the time. Not to mention in states with loose or no athletic commissions. If the held to their guns for a year and fought only in states without and out of the country Nevada would change their tune and other states would follow. I dont think they are willing to even go to existing commissions to change rules with the mindset if it ain't broke dont fix it.

It is an extremely different regulatory scenario. In Asia, pretty much any org can have the rules without local athletic comissions bothering them. Not in the USA.
Also hasn't bellator held events in the us. One possibly also? If so how do they get away with it.

ONE is underrated but DJ is a fucking legend and flyweight wouldnt be anything without him. Hespect to both him and moraes

Flyweight almost died because of him

Sherdog gonna Sherdog.

DJ clearly lost a few steps, and losing to Moraes at this stage doesn't make you less GOAT.

He didn't lose a few steps, he fought a fighter who was better than him.

And how can he do that?
You know the unified rules of MMA are made up by the Athletic commissions in the USA.
What an org in Asia does has no bearing on what is done in US..
Bellator and pride have held events in the us how do they go by different rules??

Bellator and pride have held events in the us how do they go by different rules??

Pride did follow the rules.
About Pride 32:
"This was the first Pride event to be held outside Japan. Since the event took place in Nevada, Pride had to modify its rules to follow Nevada's version of the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts for this event. Pride followed Nevada's MMA rules for the most part, however they prohibited elbows to the head. Matches were three rounds of five minutes each, and if a match went the distance, it would be judged by Nevada's 10-point must system with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) judges, which was different from Pride's own judging criteria.[1]

Bellator follows the unified rules too.
If you want to hold an event in USA you have to.

The most prevalent rule set in the world being used currently is the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, adopted by all state athletic commissions in the United States that regulate MMA and is used most notably in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The Unified Rules are the de facto rules for MMA in the United States, and have been adopted by other promotions and jurisdictions worldwide.

Still number 2 behind Jones IMO. Just more clear he's number 2 now not number 1. Before you got the sense no one considered him the GOAT just because of his height.

About Pride 32:
"This was the first Pride event to be held outside Japan. Since the event took place in Nevada, Pride had to modify its rules to follow Nevada's version of the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts for this event. Pride followed Nevada's MMA rules for the most part, however they prohibited elbows to the head. Matches were three rounds of five minutes each, and if a match went the distance, it would be judged by Nevada's 10-point must system with Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) judges, which was different from Pride's own judging criteria.[1]

The most prevalent rule set in the world being used currently is the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, adopted by all state athletic commissions in the United States that regulate MMA and is used most notably in the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The Unified Rules are the de facto rules for MMA in the United States, and have been adopted by other promotions and jurisdictions worldwide.
It's weird because the ufc is the one who came up with the unified rules, that's like not letting the NFL change rules I dont get it. I know there are states that dont have athletic commissions though not to mention Indian reservations which I know the ufc booked at the beginning of covid but then backed out. They were able to change the rules willy nilly in the beginning. Boxing scoring needs to go, I can somewhat understand no downwards elbows in the sense people are dumb and think they are more dangerous than other strikes, but why on earth would an organization not be able to judge a fight how they want.

It's weird because the ufc is the one who came up with the unified rules, that's like not letting the NFL change rules I dont get it. I know there are states that dont have athletic commissions though not to mention Indian reservations which I know the ufc booked at the beginning of covid but then backed out. They were able to change the rules willy nilly in the beginning. Boxing scoring needs to go, I can somewhat understand no downwards elbows in the sense people are dumb and think they are more dangerous than other strikes, but why on earth would an organization not be able to judge a fight how they want.

Because there are rules.
And if any org got to do what the fuck they want with no consequences.. that will end well.
And it also make it a helluva lot harder making mma mainstream.

If you want your event to be sanctioned and legal you need to follow the rules set by the State you are in. In this case the unified rules. UFC also follows them when abroad or on Indian land.
This is how it works in 2021.

There is really no discussion here
The "Dana can change the rules" is not true.
UFC can lobby for rule change but cannot change them.

About Pride 32:

One thing I never thought of in reference to the why can't the UFC change rules but the NFL can... playing football in itself is not illegal, whereas fighting is.

It’s really funny to me that people considered MM a top 5 all-timer. Glad he got brutally slept.

I don't feel much different about Mighty Mouse than I did, I think a rematch goes differently and i'm not convinced Adriano is the better fighter necessarily, though granted he did amazingly well and I do like him...

Adriano imo fought like Izzy did against Yoel, and Mighty Mouse did what everyone wanted Yoel to do, CHASE and constantly close down, and as we see so often it didn't work and he got caught, which often happens when someone is playing lateral dodgeball and waiting for the distance to be closed to land the perfect counter, rather than stand in the pocket or go blow for blow.. I hate that shit but it is what it is, I just think that kind of game-plan often suffers in rematches.

Because there are rules.
And if any org got to do what the fuck they want with no consequences.. that will end well.
And it also make it a helluva lot harder making mma mainstream.

If you want your event to be sanctioned and legal you need to follow the rules set by the State you are in. In this case the unified rules. UFC also follows them when abroad or on Indian land.
This is how it works in 2021.

There is really no discussion here
The "Dana can change the rules" is not true.
UFC can lobby for rule change but cannot change them.
I'm not arguing that they can. I'm arguing that they should be able to. They created the rules, if they wanted to change a rule that changes the fight itself (like 12-6 elbows) I can see the commissions having a problem with that. When it comes to scoring I can not understand why they aren't able to change that. Keep the rounds and the times and all the in fight rules. Just change the 10 point system and the judging criteria the commissions should not be able to stop that its ridiculous

Not a huge fan of MM, but when I seen both of these guys next to each other I was thinking this guy looks 2 weight classes bigger then MM

Back