Mighty Mouse: I'm worried about Jose Aldo

MM knows. Hell Aldo knows, that's why he's doing everything he can to avoid this fight.

I'm worried that Aldo is going to be Conor and then go to Bellator.

Rex I have a wager you can't refuse for this fight. If Conor wins, I will e-suicide in epic fashion. If Jose wins you keep your account but have to have my AV and sig of choice for 6 months. I know how precious this forum is to you so I wouldn't dare make you delete your account. I wouldn't want to trigger a depression.

Why did the mods insta-delete my Rex Kwon Ho callout thread, at least let the man answer. I guess I'm going to have to keep bumping it here.

[YT]I0AiurM-Xgs[/YT]

I think wec aldo will be forced to come out for this fight... this fight is going to be nuts...

Yeah, I saw that and :rolleyes:.

When I think of something intentionally after a bell, this comes to mind.

6f9gr4.jpg

lol kos saw it coming mile away. the guy is a professional troll. always cracks me up how nonchalant he is about it.

I think a lot of people don't realize the grappling credentials Aldo has. He likes to fight standing but the guy is a beast everywhere. Unless he gets one-punch staggered or KOed, some oc you guys are going to see a very different fight than you are expecting.

It's true. Chad got in Jose's face in the second fight, and managed to knock him down in the 1st. Jose had to do the worst hit after the bell I've ever seen, just to gain an edge on him. And even then, Chad went 4 more hard rounds.

That shot was horrendous. Chad clearly dropped his hands and wasn't defending himself. If Chad could hear the bell then Aldo could too.

Expect fishy behavior when he locks horns with Conor.

There's no doubt McGregor can hurt Aldo standing and might even have the advantage on the feet. But Aldo can hurt him as well. McGregor is a relentless pressure fighter and that does have a tendency to wear guys down. But you can't really compare a wrestler who was clearly not in fighting shape to Aldo. Aldo should be preparing for it because MM has a valid point but he and Mendes are two very different fighters.

That shot was horrendous. Chad clearly dropped his hands and wasn't defending himself. If Chad could hear the bell then Aldo could too.

Expect fishy behavior when he locks horns with Conor.

the shot was cheap and way after the bell. both of them. the second being a way harder power punch. mendes did have his hands up though. i think he had mentally let his guard down though. the truth is, that second punch was by far the best punch landed in 25 minutes and it was waaaay after the bell. mendes was pretty much ko'd and fought 4 competitive rounds after that. the amount of cheating aldo has got away with vs mendes is pretty staggering

i said it before the conor vs mendes fight that pressure gasses fighters and both aldo and mendes have below average cardio for the division. they are just so good that nobody can push a pace on them. they both faded vs each other

guys like condit, diaz, and matt brown are pressure fighters with a granite chin. they dont do well in the first round. the pressure combined with the pace forces guys to gas early. conor can do that also. i think conor beats aldo via landing a big shot and putting him away. i think conor beats mendes in a rematch. both aldo and mendes will fade vs conor, its just a matter of when they eat that big shot

imo aldos best bet is to take conor down and work bjj. not gnp for a stoppage or lnp for a decision but work his bjj for a sub. aldo is also skilled and hits hard enough to take conor out on the feet but i just think his actual road to victory is a takedown and bjj

Truth is Chad didn't hear it either, you could tell through the tv how loud it was. I remember you making so many Lyoto Machida posts after the first Machida Shogun fight I was rustled enough to start an account, so good on you for that.

lmao, that's why I started an account though I can't remember over what now. There was just this stupid ass post where everything about it was utterly wrong and I had to break the silence of lurking to correct this uneducated fool.

imo aldos best bet is to take conor down and work bjj. not gnp for a stoppage or lnp for a decision but work his bjj for a sub. aldo is also skilled and hits hard enough to take conor out on the feet but i just think his actual road to victory is a takedown and bjj

Can't agree with this enough. Aldo is like GSP in that he will attack an opponent's weakness instead of just trying to implement his game. He was mostly winning against Hominick but Mark had cracked him a couple times and rarely have I seen a fighter change strategies mid fight to exploit a weakness in the opponent. Had Aldo not gassed in the fifth it would have been a masterpiece of a fight.

It will be very interesting to see if he goes for the TD against McGregor. I mean this is MMA strategy 101 but so few people bother I've only really come to expect it from a handful of fighters.

Last edited:
Back