Mighty Mouse: I'm worried about Jose Aldo

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I'm worried about Aldo," Johnson said. "It's a tough fight. Aldo is a different beast, but we've never seen Aldo fight somebody who comes forward. Everything changes [when an opponent comes forward]."

"It doesn't matter how hard you train or how good your cardio is -- when somebody comes forward and pressures you and makes you fight, it's a totally different ball game," Johnson said. "When you hit pads, you're not pushing forward. When you're sparring, are you colliding with your training partners and creating scrambles? Probably not, because it's uncomfortable to do that.

"I think Conor McGregor, that's his fighting style. He comes forward. Aldo doesn't really come forward. He almost mesmerizes you with the jab, low kick, inside kick, 1-2. I think Conor is going to force that exchange and we're going to find out who's going to be standing after."

http://espn.go.com/blog/mma/post/_/id/22373/johnson-on-ufc-194-main-event-im-worried-about-aldo

1431686185_yicai7_6fad4.gif

Ah yes I remember something about this

A thread dedicated to him, right? Did he start it and welch? I forget

1.) No, I didn't start or welch on any bet.

2.) Someone shoop'd a jpeg and tried to say I was in thread and not posting.

3.) I tried to accept his challenge, in his thread, this very week... and it was locked. So I made my own thread yesterday.

Any other questions?

It's true. Chad got in Jose's face in the second fight, and managed to knock him down in the 1st. Jose had to do the worst hit after the bell I've ever seen, just to gain an edge on him. And even then, Chad went 4 more hard rounds.

Conor will kick Aldo so hard that Aldo's kidneystones will fall out.

Bet they never had to clean one of those up in the cage.

Hope there's enough Acai Berry to help him with that. LOL.

YcntdpJ.png

Last edited:
I agree but Conor's defense moving forward is piss poor.

He has been hit by everyone he's faced in the UFC while moving forward. Only in cage rage did we see that crisp counter punching ability (subpar competition).

If he comes in and disrespects Aldo's hands while pressuring him, he is susceptible to getting K.O'd. Aldo is not Mendes, Max nor is he Dustin. He is very explosive.

I agree. Also is a beast but the match-up favors Conor.

He's the guy who tweeted "imagine Mendes with a full training camp?" during the Conor bout.

Weird that he's saying this now.

I expect Aldo will take him down and finish him in the first.

He's the guy who tweeted "imagine Mendes with a full training camp?" during the Conor bout.

Weird that he's saying this now.

I expect Aldo will take him down and finish him in the first.

There's more to the article.

"From what I heard, Chad Mendes was hunting, traveling, fishing and drinking beer," Johnson said. "They called him with that opportunity and told him how much money he was going to make. I probably would have taken that fight, too. A half-million dollars? I mean, I've never made that before and I've defended the belt six times already.

"I do think [the result] is a little bit of his cardio and having such a short camp to prepare for Conor McGregor. He can say all this talk like, 'Oh, I've been preparing for the guy [for a long time].' No, you haven't. There's a difference. As an athlete and a champion, I know what type of condition I need to go through to be in peak condition. The Chad Mendes that fought Jose Aldo [in October] and the one that fought Conor McGregor are nowhere near the same athlete. Nowhere near it."

He's actually not wrong. One of the reasons why Mendes looked so gassed in the fight with Conor was that he'd be pressured back constantly.

Watch the ending of the Mendes fight. Normally when strikers get back up against a wrestler, they'll create distance and reset become more cautious before striking again. This gives the wrestler time to catch his breath, especially relevant since Mendes attempted a sub. Conor gets up and just starts attacking Mendes right away, and pressured Mendes.

Conor is going to crush him, and I will crush all the shertards accounts who bet me. Can't wait, I will be sherdogs biggest mass murder of accounts in the history of the forums. I just hope all the pussies who thought I was "a scared" of internet forums don't back out like Aldo does with fights.

All these people worried about Aldo's health is going to make me money come December 12th.

Back