Mighty Mouse "Cyborg vs Ronda would be Garbage at 135"

Skydome

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
UFC flyweight champion Demetrious Johnson is just as interested as anyone else in the potential superfight between UFC women's bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey and Invicta featherweight champ Cris "Cyborg" Justino.

But "Mighty Mouse" has minimal interest in seeing the bout contested at 135 pounds.

"The Cyborg and Ronda Rousey fight, Ronda is like, 'I'll fight you at 135,' Johnson said. "If [Cyborg] made 135, and granted, she did the drugs and that's in the past and she's a big woman from doing that, but her making 135 pounds, it wouldn't be the same Cris Cyborg as at 145."

"When people get pumped up at the fight, i can't get pumped up," Johnson said. "Because it's not going to be the same Cris Cyborg at 145 that's going to be all drained, especially without an IV, to me, that's garbage."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/1...-rousey-vs-cyborg-justino-at-135-lbs-would-be

He's right. Cyborg at 135 is not happening, but if it does, expect to see the ghost of Cyborg to turn up against Rousey.

He's right. Cyborg at 135 is not happening, but if it does, expect to see the ghost of Cyborg to turn up against Rousey.

She would definitely need to stay at 135 for a while to let her body get used to the weight change, even then I don't think she'll be as good as in 145lbs.

She's a pretty tall and built woman.

He's right. They are two great fighters, and it would be awesome to see them fight, but they are in different weight classes and that's that.

This isn't like Pac/Mayweather where there is no reason for them to be ducking each other.

One of them has to compromise to fight the other, and why even bother if that has to happen.

Mighty Mouse: "No one wants to see fights under 145. Believe me."

DJ, wtf? You can't just mention the drug scandal(s) and brush it off, this is people fighting each other. Cyborg puts people at risk, especially since it's only ever TKOs, and Iirc, NOT ONE single clean KO. Cyborg is definitely going to try to hurt Ronda, and if it's at 145, that might be unavoidable...I'd still count on Rousey winning, broken jaw &/or nose or not. Cyborg probably kept the gains too. I wouldn't know, not a gear head, unless you count the benefits reaped from working out while high on top notch fire.

He's right. Ronda is a coward for trying to weaken Cyborg as much as possible before the fight. No warrior spirit. Anyone can act tough when their only opponents would get submitted by high school wrestlers.

hes not parroting the ufc's script here - maybe thats why he isnt popular ha

DJ, wtf? You can't just mention the drug scandal(s) and brush it off, this is people fighting each other. Cyborg puts people at risk, especially since it's only ever TKOs, and Iirc, NOT ONE single clean KO. Cyborg is definitely going to try to hurt Ronda, and if it's at 145, that might be unavoidable...I'd still count on Rousey winning, broken jaw &/or nose or not. Cyborg probably kept the gains too. I wouldn't know, not a gear head, unless you count the benefits reaped from working out while high on top notch fire.

Is Ronda your sister or something? Assuming this is not the case, let the fighters fight, that is why they are there, to entertain us and to make they money by doing that. This is not an olympic sport or anything. No woman fight would entertain fans (except a few, like you) more than Ronda x Cyborg and this is enough of a reason for them to fight. We are not talking MM x Lesnar here, its a minimal difference between these 2 girls and they can easily arrange it, cw if anything.

He's right. Ronda is a coward for trying to weaken Cyborg as much as possible before the fight. No warrior spirit. Anyone can act tough when their only opponents would get submitted by high school wrestlers.

He is not right. Cyborg is a coward for trying to fight a much smaller opponent while roiding. No warrior spirit. Anyone can act tough when their only opponents got submitted by Ronda's opponents

ffa85c1ea108dba67b34d5bacc1039b8.jpg

cyborg_miesha.jpg

8b4f206b81504f14e81be0a0467ba274.jpg

Is Ronda your sister or something? Assuming this is not the case, let the fighters fight, that is why they are there, to entertain us and to make they money by doing that. This is not an olympic sport or anything. No woman fight would entertain fans (except a few, like you) more than Ronda x Cyborg and this is enough of a reason for them to fight. We are not talking MM x Lesnar here, its a minimal difference between these 2 girls and they can easily arrange it, cw if anything.

Would you allow Overeem to juice up for his fight with JDS? Because unless your answer is yes, you are a hypocrite

Mighty Mouse better watch out, Ronda might demand a fight with him knowing full well it would never happen. She is really good at that.

It's like demanding that Weidman, already a massive MW, drop to WW or something to fight the champ there. He'd obviously be near-dead and look like complete crap.

hes not parroting the ufc's script here - maybe thats why he isnt popular ha

I like MM and think he is a great fighter but he's jealous of the popularity of the women's divisions and that no one gives a shit about his. :icon_cry2

Would you allow Overeem to juice up for his fight with JDS? Because unless your answer is yes, you are a hypocrite

test cyborg. shes on peds? no fight
test overeem. hes on peds? no fight

how hard is that? Overeem took his juice for a lonnnnnng time. now apparently is out of it, but he is still likely have a lot of strenght from those times. Am I worried about JDS? Nope, he is the better fighter regardless of that and will crush Overeem.

I like MM and think he is a great fighter but he's jealous of the popularity of the women's divisions and that no one gives a shit about his. :icon_cry2
or y'know he's just echoing the sentiments of many regarding this fight.

Back