Miesha Tate's Coach: We can knockout Holly Holm

This is crazier than the Ryan Bader will KO Rumble thread.

If Tate tries to KO Holm, the fight will be over much faster - it will look like the Rousey-Holm fight. Tate is too slow, too uncoordinated in her stand-up, too predictable, and has no KO power. So, if she keeps driving in on Holm, she will eat lots of punches (like Ronda did).

Tate's only hope is stick to her usual gameplan: get lit up on the feet, endure, score a late-round takedown, and steal the round...then she has to hope Holm gets tired...very tired. She also needs to hope Holm "over-respects" Tate's takedowns and remains cautious in the early rounds. If Holm fights cautiously, she won't light up Tate as badly (or as early in the fight). But if the above conditions are not met (for example: Holm shrugs off Tate's takedowns early and just continuously keeps her jab in Tate's face), Tate will become the victim of involuntary cosmetic surgery (in the cage).

Jarl

..........."With a shovel, while she's asleep."

She is just saying that to throw off holm and make her think she is willing to stand and bang.

Meisha's game is so generic. She doesn't do anything exceptionally well.

T'aint gonna happen.

Cue McGregor's rant about too slow, too stiff.

Do hope it goes 5 rounds, though...for plenty of
dGw9hKt.gif

You have absolutely no evidence to support that, defended against Ronda far better than Miesha, 100% TD defence in her career, far stronger.
Do you have evidence to support that Holm is an effective grappler?

I believe there is a reason for there being little to no evidence, being that its smart for Holm to hide the fact that she can't tie her own shoes in the grappling department. Otherwise why wouldn't she compete in jiu jitsu tourneys to go out of her way to show the world that she can grapple.

She defended Ronda's armbar very well. Holm is also exceptionally strong and I doubt Tate would be able to keep her down even if she did get get a TD.. which I bet she won't.

They're playing up this match but I see Holm completely destroying Tate on the feet and denying all TD attempts.
Straight Wrestling, Tate was a Folk-style state champion in high school against dudes. If Tate gets Holm down, she's going to stay down.

Do you have evidence to support that Holm is an effective grappler?

I believe there is a reason for there being little to no evidence, being that its smart for Holm to hide the fact that she can't tie her own shoes in the grappling department. Otherwise why wouldn't she compete in jiu jitsu tourneys to go out of her way to show the world that she can grapple.
Why on earth would she do that just to prove she can grapple? Holly took Ronda down with 1 attempt, Miesha got thrown around nearly everytime she shot on Ronda, there's a lack of evidence because she obviously is going to prefer striking when that's where she's elite, there's nothing to suggest Miesha will be able to get her to the mat.

Why on earth would she do that just to prove she can grapple? Holly took Ronda down with 1 attempt, Miesha got thrown around nearly everytime she shot on Ronda, there's a lack of evidence because she obviously is going to prefer striking when that's where she's elite, there's nothing to suggest Miesha will be able to get her to the mat.
with exception of a Folk-style wrestling state championship on Tate's mantle...she wrestled all dudes too.

with exception of a Folk-style wrestling state championship on Tate's mantle...she wrestled all dudes too.
She wrestled dudes but she can't wrestle Rousey? Holly makes Miesha look like a soccer-mom and part-time crossfitter in terms of strength and athleticism.

When you have one punch KO power in both hands like Tate, you can KO anyone.

She wrestled dudes but she can't wrestle Rousey? Holly makes Miesha look like a soccer-mom and part-time crossfitter in terms of strength and athleticism.
I said she wrestled dudes in high school, Ronda was an Olympian...slightly different level of competition.

I said she wrestled dudes in high school, Ronda was an Olympian...slightly different level of competition.
Esparza wrestled in high school & college I think and she couldn't even grapple with a european mostly because of the difference in strength.

and i was here hoping in this fight for eye make her statement and fight ronda and maybe win against her, but nooooooooooooo
Eye seems to fade under pressure unfortunately.

Very unlikely but Tate's tendency to throw wild, looping punches that Holm wouldn't normally see in boxing could lead to a scenario in which she gets a lucky hit. But it looks like Holm has a good jaw - Pennington clipped her a bunch of times and she wasn't shaken at all and RR even got in a few decent shots and Holly kept going. So even in the unlikely scenario in which Tate gets in a lucky punch it is very unlikely to KO Holm. Tate's only real hope here is to spend as much time as possible on the ground.

tate coud possibly win via a smother attack, but if she hangs around on the feet for too long she's gonna get ate up

"we"???? As if the coaches will be in the cage holding mieshas hands.

There is a lot of funny stuff on the forum today .. And this is up there.

Back