Miesha Tate twitter comments to Cain Velasquez

usually in the context of fighters, the phrase "calls out" means something else...

I agree with her, though I feel like JDS would've continued to be in UberHeart mode and magically last 5 minutes in the deepest RNC known to man.

Even then...that could have put Dos Santos at a comfort zone. Where his BJJ would have kicked in. It would have been unnecessary exhaustion. Cain just chose to stick to his game plan

LensCrafters.jpg

His point was; if he tried the rnc and didn't pull it off (whenever it was), it could have tired him out and potentially let JDS back into the fight, so by NOT attempting it, he conserved his energy and made sure he kept JDS exhausted, which is why he dominated every round

That's what mean

Imagine if Cain had gone for the choke, tired his arms out so much that he wouldn't be able to get any more takedowns or throw anything heavy.

It could have lost him the fight.......you CAN be smart as well as be a badass.

this isn't threadworthy. it's just ideas rattling around in someone's head + twitter

Sherdogger's opinion on JDS/Cain fight = okay

Professional fighter's opinion on JDS/Cain fight = omg get back into the kitchen/we don't need your input/ look at who you are before you speak

No wonder Tate doesn't post on these boards anymore.

I was happy that Cain at least went for the arm bar once. He just fought smart. An arm bar isn't going to expend much energy where as a failed RNC can sap you the rest of the fight.

i know of rousey and tate's existence lol.
that doesnt mean i follow the division

You also shouldn't make statements about a division that you are so willfully ignorant of.

no, because most men think before they speak
Haven't heard of Bisping have you?
She's 100 percent correct.

It's always good when a chick is able to notice that Cain was oblivious of basic submission oppurtunities. No need to dismiss her because she is a chick. I was thinking the same thing.
All the posters here dismissing her because she's a female are silly. She's a fighter, she's in a better position to criticize Cain than most sherdoggers.
What to do?

Cain wasn't Able.
Lol
She's right, Cain had opportunities to latch onto the back of JDS and go for that choke. I was surprised he even went for the arm bar at one point.

So was I. Honestly, I wasn't even paying attention to sub opportunities for Cain since I've gotten used to him completely avoiding subs, he only really uses his grappling for positional control.

BJJ is my favorite aspect of MMA so to see him neglect submissions irks me but he's the champ so his style is clearly working for him.

given how many fighters she has faced that are as talented as cain or jds, she has a point.

if goldie aint coming back, stick tate in the chair next to rogan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back