Miesha Tate twitter comments to Cain Velasquez

She is 100% right.

The choke was there numerous times & JDS was tired.

He would have easily fallen off his back. This isnt some LW fighter sinking in hooks and flattening out some little twig legs.

Well obviously you do to some extent because you tried to say the Ronda fight was her last fight and to think that you would have to be aware that they did fight and she lost.

that was on the frontpage of sherdog that day. only wmma fight ive ever seen

1 thing i think everyone can agree on is Tony Romo isnt clutch

Yeah, because fighting the women in the UFC is a whole different ball game than fighting the women in Strikeforce.
she will be fighting the same women. i was basically just saying let's see if she backs it up in her next fight since she'll be fighting on the same stage as cain now.

Sad part is that she's right. She has a real fighter's mentality.

Exactly, most women in WMMA do. Which is sad people on here are defending Cain's inability to finish a concussed and severely gassed JDS by attacking Tate who just came off a FOTY

He beat the fuck out of JDS HIS WAY wtf does she care how he won and he actually went for an armbar in round 2 i believe or 3

I was screaming at Cain to take the RNC too but he explained post-presser that he preferred to finish with strikes.

Risking a RNC could have gassed out his arms and then no more ground and pound. I guess he's just not confident in his BJJ or he just simply prefers to TKO.

IIRC, what tate is referring to happened early on, like round 2.

Even then...that could have put Dos Santos at a comfort zone. Where his BJJ would have kicked in. It would have been unnecessary exhaustion. Cain just chose to stick to his game plan

1) No where in that does she actually "call out" Cain. All she does is voice an opinion on a website, which by that logic, I've called out Cain.
2) She's not wrong. The sub was there for days, he could have got it almost any time he wanted, he just didn't. The only statement made is that Cain's BJJ game seemingly needs some work.

1) No where in that does she actually "call out" Cain. All she does is voice an opinion on a website, which by that logic, I've called out Cain.
2) She's not wrong. The sub was there for days, he could have got it almost any time he wanted, he just didn't. The only statement made is that Cain's BJJ game seemingly needs some work.
How does it need work... He never got dominated by a BJJ practicioner on the floor. Just saying

IIRC, what tate is referring to happened early on, like round 2.

His point was; if he tried the rnc and didn't pull it off (whenever it was), it could have tired him out and potentially let JDS back into the fight, so by NOT attempting it, he conserved his energy and made sure he kept JDS exhausted, which is why he dominated every round

I don't think Cain wanted to give JDS any chance to work his jits when he already had a dominant position

Back