Miesha Tate: "I think that I could knock out Holly."

Will Miesha KO Holly?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, right.

If Meisha beats Holly, both Dana and Ronda would simultaneously orgasm.

Yeah, right.

Dana wasn't even going to give Miesha a shot to begin with. Holm Rousey 2 sells way more than Rousey Tate 3. Rousey also won't even get to redeem herself until much later. Tate was very unhappy with the UFC, but couldn't do anything since Rousey was the boss. Imagine her as the champion and holding some of the cards. Nightmare scenario for Dana.

She needs to get drug tested ASAP.

i'm sure she could

i highly doubt she will though

Yeah, right.

Dana wasn't even going to give Miesha a shot to begin with. Holm Rousey 2 sells way more than Rousey Tate 3. Rousey also won't even get to redeem herself until much later. Tate was very unhappy with the UFC, but couldn't do anything since Rousey was the boss. Imagine her as the champion and holding some of the cards. Nightmare scenario for Dana.

Lmao you saw his face after Ronda got KTFO right?

He gave Holly the shot because he thought it would be another 30 second arm bar win for her and didn't think people wanted to see a 3rd Miesha fight (big mistake since most casuals never even saw either fight). Laia Ali said the 1st Ronda fight she saw was the Bethe one.

Miesha beating Holly would be his dream come true. Ronda gets an easy way to win her belt back and sells 1 million PPVs beating up a bunch of Bethes over and over.

Last edited:
Lmao you saw his face after Ronda got KTFO right?

LMAO did you see what Dana said about Holm vs. Tate before he realized Ronda won't fight until November? He said if he doesn't do the rematch now he might as well lose his promoter's license. If he wants Rousey vs. Tate more than Rousey Holm, and both Holm and Tate are ready, why didn't he set it up right away? Logic?

Nobody knows who Tate is compared to Holm, and she has already lost twice. The Holm fight sells way more. Dana loves Ronda, but if you think Dana loves Ronda more than money, you're delusional.

Yea cuz you know, Miesha is known for her KO power.

LMAO did you see what Dana said about Holm vs. Tate before he realized Ronda won't fight until November? He said if he doesn't do the rematch now he might as well lose his promoter's license. If he wants Rousey vs. Tate more than Rousey Holm, and both Holm and Tate are ready, why didn't he set it up right away? Logic?

Of course Ronda fighting Miesha to get her belt back is the dream scenario but Miesha beating Holly would require a miracle.

He wanted the instant rematch at UFC 200 because it would be their biggest PPV ever but Ronda said no so he's forced to make the Miesha fight.

Might as well squeeze one last big payday out of her before she retires. Although Dana might be crazy enough to think Ronda wins the rematch. He did say Ronda just got caught and said she landed some big shots on Holly.

I like Meisha, but she has no where near the skill level that Holly possesses in the standup....

Not likely.

But we keep getting surprised over and over again in the last couple years so wouldnt bet the house on my prediction by any means.

Because Miesha beating Holly would require a miracle.

He wanted the instant rematch at UFC 200 because it would be their biggest PPV ever but Ronda said no so he's forced to make the Miesha fight.

You make no sense. If Miehsa beating Holly is a miracle, then why wouldn't Dana make the fight? Why did he refuse to give Tate a shot against Rousey for so long - even before the Holm fight was made, when Tate was clearly the most deserving in terms of UFC wins? Why did he say he should lose his promoter's license for not making Rousey Holm rematch, and was only forced to make the Tate Holm fight when it was clear Rousey won't be back until much later?

Dana stated on multiple occasions that it's hard to make the Tate Rousey fight since she already lost twice. That's why they made Rousey Holm in the first place. If Tate Rousey 3 is the big money fight, he'd have made it ages ago, Holm wasn't even a name back then, and now she's much bigger than Tate.

That's as likely as this actually happening.

You make no sense. If Miehsa beating Holly is a miracle, then why wouldn't Dana make the fight? Why did he refuse to give Tate a shot against Rousey for so long - even before the Holm fight was made, when Tate was clearly the most deserving in terms of UFC wins? Why did he say he should lose his promoter's license for not making Rousey Holm rematch, and was only forced to make the Tate Holm fight when it was clear Rousey won't be back until much later?

Dana stated on multiple occasions that it's hard to make the Tate Rousey fight since she already lost twice. That's why they made Rousey Holm in the first place. If Tate Rousey 3 is the big money fight, he'd have made it ages ago, Holm wasn't even a name back then, and now she's much bigger than Tate.

Edited post a couple of times before you replied.

I never said it was a big money fight. Ronda doesn't need a well known opponent to sell PPVs.

She sold 900K and 1 million against Bethe and Holly. Casuals don't know anything about Ronda's opponents and just tune in for her.

You don't think Dana would rather have Ronda selling 1 million PPVs beating up cans for life instead of getting KTFO by Holly then getting KTFO by Holly again and retiring?

I like the confidence but I think her chances of KOing Holly would be similar to Ronda's chances of KOing Holly. :D

Her striking seemed about equal to Ronda in their 2nd fight and she got dropped by McMann and Eye if I remember correctly?

Also talks about a potential 3rd fight with Ronda after beating Holly.

She's not wrong though.
I heard an interview with Caraway, and he said something that is true.
Boxing, obviously, Miesha knows she'd have no chance against Holm.
But this is MMA. Throw in the danger of takedowns, and Holy might lower her hands, and as such could get tagged.

So the question on this pool is obviously an unfair one.
But Miesha should indeed think like that (that she does have a chance to beat Holm on her feet). As long as she can threaten takedowns, then she got a chance on her feet as well.

She does have power in her hands and way better striking than Ronda, but no, I don't think so.

Edited post a couple of times before you replied.

That changes nothing. Dana made Holm vs. Rousey 1 instead of Tate vs. Rousey 3, at a time when Holm was a much smaller name coming off 2 unimpressive decision wins, because, as he stated himself, Tate Rousey 3 was a hard fight to make. That was before Rousey fought Holm. Now Holm has gained 10x mainstream attention and has beaten Rousey, you mean to tell me Holm Rousey 2 isn't a much bigger fight than Rousey Tate 3? That makes no sense.

Dana loves Ronda, but he loves money more than anything. Rousey vs. Holm is bigger, Holm is a much less disgruntled employee compared to Tate, and Rousey being the competitor would want nothing less than to avenge her loss - deluded as the thought might be, than to fight someone she already beat twice. Tate winning would be a horrible scenario for the UFC, and that's exactly why Dana was so reluctant to make that fight.

That changes nothing. Dana made Holm vs. Rousey 1 instead of Tate vs. Rousey 3, at a time when Holm was a much smaller name coming off 2 unimpressive decision wins, because, as he stated himself, Tate Rousey 3 was a hard fight to make. That was before Rousey fought Holm. Now Holm has gained 10x mainstream attention and has beaten Rousey, you mean to tell me Holm Rousey 2 isn't a much bigger fight than Rousey Tate 3? That makes no sense.

Dana loves Ronda, but he loves money more than anything.

Edited that post too. You reply too fast. :D

Not making the Miesha fight was the biggest mistake he ever made imo. Casuals didn't even watch their 2 fights. Laia Ali said the 1st Ronda fight she watched was the Bethe one.

The Bethe fight was when she became a celebrity. Zingano fight was 600K, Bethe was 900K, Holly was 1 million or more.

I wanted to see the 3rd fight because she was the only one to survive 1 round and I already saw the 2 previous fights too.

200w.gif

Back