Miesha Tate has some interesting things to say about Ronda

I think it is the case that she knows she looks badly in TUF so that is why.
Personally I understand that & see RR's side

I mean Shayna lost in the first fight & still promotes it

Definitely could be a reason as to why.

Yay, friends should always be picked first. Skill level be damned.

#1: Great screen name
#2: I never said FIRST, but if they were friends picking her second (fourth overall) on her team over Peggy makes sense

#1: Great screen name
#2: I never said FIRST, but if they were friends picking her second (fourth overall) on her team over Peggy makes sense

They decided the pics with their entire teams so maybe she did want her first and the vote put her lower on the list who knows. but I say picking a veteran first was a smart move if you dont know much about the other fighters. Doesnt really matter when you are picked as long as you get in the game.

They decided the pics with their entire teams so maybe she did want her first and the vote put her lower on the list who knows. but I say picking a veteran first was a smart move if you dont know much about the other fighters. Doesnt really matter when you are picked as long as you get in the game.

I know, but as we saw by past years & even Tate this year.
Coaches tend to pick people they know & like closer to the top
Duke was picked 6/8. That seems low for a friend

the reason she isnt promoting the show is because everyone hates her. better that she lays low for now. i'm sure even dana is saying as much. because she would get killed in the media right now.

I know, but as we saw by past years & even Tate this year.
Coaches tend to pick people they know & like closer to the top
Duke was picked 6/8. That seems low for a friend

True but training together doesnt equal friend all the time. Most cases it is business

LofuckingL, ask Chael Sonnen what a few tweets can do, go into the search function and search for Cheal before he started his Twitter and trash talk campaign, you will find that he is mentioned very little by the 10 or so true Chael fans, the army of delusional nuthuggers came after the Twitter campaign as much as they would like you to believe otherwise.

In other words pre Twitter Chael = nobody only really known by the hardcores.

post Twitter Chael = One of the most popular fighters in the game.

Now did everyone just become top control wrestler fans over night ( I would say no because guys who are better at it then Chael are still pretty universally hated, just ask Fitch or Askren or to a lesser extent GSP) or did they become fans of a loudmouth who makes obnoxious comments on Twitter that result in 100 page threads.

Thats what a few tweets can do, sadly.

lol, GSP is one of the most loved fighters in the sport, take a look at the PPV numbers.

lol, GSP is one of the most loved fighters in the sport, take a look at the PPV numbers.

That's why I said to a lesser extent, look at the forums and you will see what I'm talking about, although I'm sure you're already fully aware so I'm not sure what the point of that comment was.

I don't think that is the end game at all.
That would be impossible to do with MMA

Wouldn't shit like figure skating have already reached that?

Pretty sure Female Tennis is more popular too, though I could be wrong but that's the only Tennis me or anyone I know ever watches. Curling chicks seem to get hotter and hotter every year too which makes Curling suddenly very watchable when bored.

Hey Miesha, would you be on TUF or fighting in the UFC if you hadn't fought and lost to Ronda already?

Ronda doesn't get the respect she deserves for the promotion she put towards WMMA in the first place. Ronda was the one who instigated the move down to 135lbs which got the ball rolling on the Tate fight that started her star growing, which ultimately led to Women in the UFC.

And Ronda has said multiple times that before she retires, one of her main goals is helping to establish WMMA so that it won't just disappear without her on top.

People can criticize Ronda all they want for having a chip on her shoulder or an abrasive personality, but that cannot criticize her for being a positive for WMMA and wanting to help further establish it.

i'm happy she isn't involved. it'll make her that much more forgettable when she is exposed, loses that belt and can't get a win out of woman that can defend the armbar.

Exposed? She beat the two top women at 135lbs, Kaufman and Tate, within the same year. Both within the first round, Kaufman in under a minute.

Ronda is already proven and she'll be remembered for what she is, the woman that got WMMA into the UFC.

Again, why is Meisha talking again?

Ronda carried the entire weight division and Meisha is talking about her not promoting TUF? Ronda is the reason Meisha is so popular right now. It is because of their trash talking.

Ronda has done more for the sport than Tate ever could.

Hey Miesha, would you be on TUF or fighting in the UFC if you hadn't fought and lost to Ronda already?

Ronda doesn't get the respect she deserves for the promotion she put towards WMMA in the first place. Ronda was the one who instigated the move down to 135lbs which got the ball rolling on the Tate fight that started her star growing, which ultimately led to Women in the UFC.

And Ronda has said multiple times that before she retires, one of her main goals is helping to establish WMMA so that it won't just disappear without her on top.

People can criticize Ronda all they want for having a chip on her shoulder or an abrasive personality, but that cannot criticize her for being a positive for WMMA and wanting to help further establish it.

The problem is that it is natural to even want to call BS on the whole helping WMMA stay on top stuff when she shows such a limited knowledge of MMA as a whole - and I have never seen a top 5 UFC fighter who came off a shaving that lack of knowledge - and is unable to promote TUF yet is able to harass Dana daily asking for G-d knows what (perhaps I don't even want to know ...). Which sometimes makes it hard to take her fully seriously even in that regard. If Ronda keeps relying on the Diaz kind of fan appeal, I suspect that WMMA will end up going the way of women's boxing and WNBA even before she retires.

Exposed? She beat the two top women at 135lbs, Kaufman and Tate, within the same year. Both within the first round, Kaufman in under a minute.

Ronda is already proven and she'll be remembered for what she is, the woman that got WMMA into the UFC.

Tate thought with her high school wrestling experience she could just charge straight into the clinch, no problem and take Ronda on in her best area. And made first week BJJ mistakes trying to get out of the armbar. Kaufman, relative to Rousey, at spent a lot of time practically on vacation in Canada and thought she had a real chance at winning a grappling war with Ronda because she had gotten a yellow belt in Judo. And she wasn't kidding either. That is what she is up against relative to the best 5 or so male UFC stars in each Div.

If Ronda keeps relying on the Diaz kind of fan appeal, I suspect that WMMA will end up going the way of women's boxing and WNBA even before she retires.

You mean like how women's tennis at times gets better ratings than men's tennis and any regular MMA show in general with Serena Williams on top. You know, the woman who has a rep for mouthing off to referees and threatening to shove a ball down a lineswoman's throat just because she was doing her job?

Tate thought with her high school wrestling experience she could just charge straight into the clinch, no problem and take Ronda on in her best area. And made first week BJJ mistakes trying to get out of the armbar. Kaufman, relative to Rousey, at spent a lot of time practically on vacation in Canada and thought she had a real chance at winning a grappling war with Ronda because she had gotten a yellow belt in Judo. And she wasn't kidding either. That is what she is up against relative to the best 5 or so male UFC stars in each Div.

Miesha may have been overconfident, but with Jackson in her corner, you know damn well that Kaufman drilled armbar defense like crazy.

Why should I believe Tate when it comes to which fighters Rousey knows and doesn't know?

At the beginning of filming did Rousey show up & say, "Who the hell are these fighters?"

Say this is partially true & Rousey didn't know some or most of the fighters beforehand, I still don't see how that doesn't make her a "mma fan at heart".
Frankly, saying someone isn't a mma fan because they don't recognize these participants is like saying someone isn't a baseball fan because they don't recognize some double & single A players.

I just don't like seeing Miesha or anyone trying to whitewash Ronda's history just because they don't personally like her.

That is like what Dana has done/is trying to do with Frank Shamrock or even Fedor, and it is disgraceful.

Check out the Dana scrum at just before the 10 minute mark - he discusses how Rousey was completely burnt out by all her commitments to UFC, including TUF. She's in Bulgaria shooting F&F7 and training her ass off - almost literally, she's walking around at 141 right now.

Again, why is Meisha talking again?

Ronda carried the entire weight division and Meisha is talking about her not promoting TUF? Ronda is the reason Meisha is so popular right now. It is because of their trash talking.

Ronda has done more for the sport than Tate ever could.

Right. And Rhonda beat her with ease and will do so again in the rematch. Who cares if shes not up on the local scene?

Thanks for clarifying

Weird she picked her third though

She picked her second after Shayna. You can't really count the second round of picks since she had to pick a guy.

Back