Miesha Tate has some interesting things to say about Ronda

Ashenthorn

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/17/4846286/morning-report-miesha-tate-ronda-rousey-ufc-dana-white-velasquez-st-pierre-mma-news

She isn't an MMA fan at heart. Shayna was the only fighter out of the 16 women who fought to get in the house that Ronda had heard of. The other girls, Ronda had no clue who they were, what they had done, where they had fought, nothing.

Tate is right. Ronda is an mma outsider, newcomer and clearly doesn't fit into the fraternity (sorority?) of female mma fighters. She, unlike long time soldiers of women's mma like Tate, Sarah Kaufman, and Baszler evidently does not eat, sleep and breathe the sport. Does it matter to fans that she's not a fan?

There's a responsibility to represent female MMA that comes with being the champion, just as there's a responsibility to represent and promote the show when you coach TUF. It grates on my nerves that Ronda isn't promoting this season, which fans are saying is the best for a while, because that's what we as established fighters signed on to do: to share the spotlight with these fighters who desperately want to join us in the UFC.

Tate is right again here. Ronda isn't promoting the show. Tate and all the contestants are going nuts, live tweeting every moment of the show. Ronda of course, has gone AWOL from a promotional standpoint. Obviously, there's the fact she's been in Sofia, Bulgaria for most of the show's run and it's 5am there when the show airs. She probably is not even able to watch it, much less tweet about it. However it seems that Ronda genuinely disliked being on the show, was looking forward to doing it with Cat Zingano, a woman with who she had no particular animosity or drama, and was extremely pissed off about being forcibly injected into Miesha Tate High School.

I think RR is a child, but I don't know about her not being an MMA fan.
As far as the promotion aspect, Dana says she is in contact with him a few times a day (seems a bit much, do you think Cain text & calls Dana that much?).
So she could do some more promoting on social media, but ................. I can totally see why she is not

I think a lot of guys once they get their career going stop watching some of the MMA they have access to. Seems like a lot of guys are unaware of up and comers and stuff unless they have heard about them or interacted with them through training. Probably train so much that once they have a break they rather break away from it.

Who cares about all the other stuff. She's a fighter not a promoter. What's a few tweets gonna do? Seems like Meisha is just grasping at straws here.

Tate is right. Ronda is an mma outsider, newcomer and clearly doesn't fit into the fraternity (sorority?) of female mma fighters. She, unlike long time soldiers of women's mma like Tate, Sarah Kaufman, and Baszler evidently does not eat, sleep and breathe the sport. Does it matter to fans that she's not a fan?

She is not a fan? Okay if Tate says so. Ronda is something more important, the champion.

Fan boyishness is for losers. Ronda is a winner. Why you so jelly Tate?

Who cares about all the other stuff. She's a fighter not a promoter. What's a few tweets gonna do? Seems like Meisha is just grasping at straws here.

LofuckingL, ask Chael Sonnen what a few tweets can do, go into the search function and search for Cheal before he started his Twitter and trash talk campaign, you will find that he is mentioned very little by the 10 or so true Chael fans, the army of delusional nuthuggers came after the Twitter campaign as much as they would like you to believe otherwise.

In other words pre Twitter Chael = nobody only really known by the hardcores.

post Twitter Chael = One of the most popular fighters in the game.

Now did everyone just become top control wrestler fans over night ( I would say no because guys who are better at it then Chael are still pretty universally hated, just ask Fitch or Askren or to a lesser extent GSP) or did they become fans of a loudmouth who makes obnoxious comments on Twitter that result in 100 page threads.

Thats what a few tweets can do, sadly.

She isn't an MMA fan at heart. Shayna was the only fighter out of the 16 women who fought to get in the house that Ronda had heard of. The other girls, Ronda had no clue who they were, what they had done, where they had fought, nothing.

Tate just showing her ignorance. Jessamyn Duke trained with Ronda before TUF and Fedor is her favourite fighter.

Miesha is a whiner, the lead up to the first fight showed that.

Ronda is in a country with a completely different timezone filming a movie, with no access to TUF.

Miesha is a whiner, the lead up to the first fight showed that.

Ronda is in a country with a completely different timezone filming a movie, with no access to TUF.

No access to TUF? I watch it and I don't have the channel... I think she can afford an internet connection.

I think a lot of what Tate is true. I do sympathize with Ronda's situation to a large degree for sure because she was one of those people for whom being a true, traditional martial artist got her nowhere. For her, getting into MMA was about making a good living first and foremost, not about pure passion and undying love for the sport and the MMA culture. It was about making sure she actually could afford a roof over her head at all. I suspect this is the same reasons he has adapted the Diaz Bros attitude as well; though let's be clear, Tate herself has shown some of this too, on the show, when anyone even politely criticizes WMMA, as GSP did, and in numerous secondhand accounts of those who worked with her. For both of them, it is most likely about the need to make a good living.

The consequences, though, will include creating even uglier stereotypes about women in MMA, and in MA in general, than those that exist for men. Not to mention that it may backfire in terms of aiding their career once the novelty of WMMA wears off - and by the time this Ultimate Fighter season ends, the novelty will have already started wearing off if it has not already. WMMA is really trying to make American history in a sense by being the first women's sport that is truly as popular and as widely embraced as its male counterpart. But the way Rousey and Tate are trying to go about it may only work temporarily.

No access to TUF? I watch it and I don't have the channel... I think she can afford an internet connection.

She's in Bulgaria...even if she did want to stream it, it would be like 5am when it starts.

She's in Bulgaria...even if she did want to stream it, it would be like 5am when it starts.

Come on, she could watch it anytime.
But I understand her not promoting it if she feels she looks badly
I would think Dana would be upset, but he doesn't seem to be

WMMA is really trying to make American history in a sense by being the first women's sport that is truly as popular and as widely embraced as its male counterpart. But the way Rousey and Tate are trying to go about it may only work temporarily.

I don't think that is the end game at all.
That would be impossible to do with MMA

Wouldn't shit like figure skating have already reached that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back