miesha camp shocked at the decision

Shocked by strange matchmaking.

Does anyone at meisha's camp even watch ufc?

I'm not surprised by this at all. Let's face it, nobody gives much of a shit about Tate Vs Rousey 3, we all know what's going to happen.

With Holm on the other hand, there is a certain aurora of uncertainty. Granted, Rousey will most likely destroy her, but that won't stop the UFC from hyping her up and selling a boat load of tickets and PPV's.

I don't think the controversy is over the match up but the way the UFC has handled things. It sounds like the UFC promised her she was next, she starts preparing only to find out over Twitter she's been bumped. It's amateur hour once again by the UFC.

I, and I am sure many others knew that a third Miesha fight wasn't happening.:)

Shit happens whatever. I'd rather Miesha get the fight but at least Holm is undefeated and hasn't been beaten by Rousey twice.

Because you had 2 chances already and have gotten your ass handed to you twice, enough with "She took RR to deep waters" BS she just prolonged the ass kicking. She is not competitive with RR and maybe Holm won't be either but at least I haven't seen it yet

They why did Dana Baldfather say she had the fight in the first place?? And now they don't even bother telling her and her team finds out via social media like any other pleb? I hope you get promised something and then they renege and you can sit and think and feel bad. I hope it's at your work so then people can say "it's just business" and that you sucked as an employee anyway. I want you to feel that pain.

Business as usual, Cupcake. Don't believe what Dana says.

It is what it is. Nobody should believe a word Dana has to say at this point. What this proves to me is that the UFC let's Ronda have a lot of input on her matchmaking. Right after the Zingano fight, the 2 fights Ronda mentioned she wanted were Bethe and Holly. Who are her next 2 fights? Bethe and Holly.

I know someone is gonna come in here and act like I'm saying she's cherry picking but I don't feel like you can cherry pick in that shit division. I'm just saying that I have think Ronda has final say on her opponents

Who cares how many people actually want to see her get ragdolled a third time? She might be the only person to go past 1 round with Rousey but it was still an utter beat down

I figured Tate had to be hurt or something. Holm getting the shot over Tate makes no sense, unless you're Dana and want more $$$. However, Tate is a highly marketable opponent despite the two losses. Holm gets promoted as a boxing champ (even though she's looked average in mma) but Tate is the only fighter to make it out of the first round with The Empress.

I think UFC did this because there was so much criticism and negativity about a Tate 3, and so many fans saying that they were not interested in a Trilogy. From this perspective I am not that shocked ... but I do feel bad for Meisha because she did earn her shot.

Playing w/ Zuffa you better get your big girl panties on. Is normal.

Nah, maybe if you only fallow UFC (last couple fights) she would look average. But if you pay attention to what she was doing in the other MMA organizations she was looking really impressive.

I'll give it to you, knocking out the 5'4" Allanna "Hands of Stone" Jones was impressive. That 2-2 record leading up to the fight showed she was a legit force. The 2-5 total record speaks wonders about her ability.

Or maybe you mean knocking out the previously 1-0 Katie Merrill? Who hasn't had a fight since?

The biggest name outside of the UFC she fought is the 8-11 Jan Finney who everyone on the roster (Kedzie, Baszler, Tate, Carmouche) has destroyed.

Knocking out soccer moms doesn't mean anything.

They why did Dana Baldfather say she had the fight in the first place?? And now they don't even bother telling her and her team finds out via social media like any other pleb? I hope you get promised something and then they renege and you can sit and think and feel bad. I hope it's at your work so then people can say "it's just business" and that you sucked as an employee anyway. I want you to feel that pain.

If I already had two chances at it and I failed miserably both times I wouldn't be shocked. I couldn't careless about the ufc not being nice when correcting bad decisions

how long before ufc moves holm into the top 5 so they can build it up?

I find it shocking that people are even defending this fight.

Guess UFC wanted to feed Holm to Ronda before she got a loss so she could take out yet another 'undefeated' contender just like they did with McMann, Zingano, Bethe

I agree that Rousey's camp probably pushed for Holm, but I think the concern was more that Holm wouldn't remain unbeaten.

They have low-risk fights for Holm. For example, Eye.

they should be happy, a broken arm takes a long time to heal

Did you watched the 2nd fight? She tapped the second the armbar was locked, she will not be doing the same thing as in the first fight.

Back