miesha camp shocked at the decision

Replace shocked with butthurt. They're just upset they didn't get a THIRD chance.

I like Tate but she had her chances and got her ass handed to her.

holm hasnt looked that good in the ufc yet. i think ronda is trying to get her out of the way early rather than allow her more time to improve. if holm tries that point fighting against holm, she will get crushed. way too tentative of a style against an aggressive fighter

What is the problem? Tate aleady got two huge beating up from Ronda. What does she want? The third one? She is cupcake but she has zero chance against Ronda.

Neither does holly and Miesha still gets that 3rd crack.

I dont think anyone will beat her now but dammit, id rather see the closest one to do it and the hottest one to try it.

I can see why they pulled the plug, since she is 0-2 against Ronda and they want some fresh fights, but Miesha earned that shot by beating much tougher competition than Holm did.

Mark my words, there is going to be boos raining down because Holm WILL NOT engage Rousey and will try and hit and run the entire fight.

i think ronda will just close the distance and fuck it

when someone says "guaranteed" that's supposed to mean something.

yep its supposed to.

Tommy Callahan III: "How do you know the guaranteed fairy isn't some crazy glue sniffer. He sneaks into your house once and that's all it takes. Next thing you know, there is money missing off your dresser and your daughter is knocked up! I've seen it a hundred times."

Good, she was pathetic in her fight against Ronda.

Funny thing is Rogan was hyping the Tate/Eye fight as a number 1 contender, then dont give her the fight. Same ole UFC.

I am happy Ronda is facing a new challenge but I was also under the impression that Rousey vs Tate was confirmed. It's kinda fucked up on UFC's part that they would give that impression and then take the title shot away from Tate.

I'm honestly pretty surprised by it as well. Tate is on a 4-fight winning streak against pretty decent competition. Holm on the other hand just hasn't really impressed me so far. She was one judge away from losing a split decision to Raquel Pennington. I would have liked to see her get at least a top win or two first. Then they are planning to have Tate fight Nunes which will get rid of another challenger.

As far as how well I think Holm will do against Ronda? I am not sure. She has good footwork and powerful kicks but her punches aren't very powerful. She'll need to fight with a good gameplan and win some rounds with footwork and timing. If she can survive into the late rounds and test Ronda's cardio it could get interesting. As long as she doesn't lock horns with her and fights her fight not Ronda's she might make the fight worth watching.

I with most other people. I don't need to see RR vs Tate III unless there is absolutley nobody left. But the fact is Tate earned it and moreso was basically told that the fight was happening. Then they didn't even bother to tell her that it wasn't. She found out through the Internet basically. That's some bush league stuff right there.

Tate vs Cyborg as the co-main.

Lol they think they're slick. I have a sneaky feeling. Book it now folks.

Lol. Friggin amateur hour by the UFC. Again.

This is BS
She is the clear #1 contender

There is more to consider for a title fight then just this. The fact she lost twice to Ronda is to be considered. Sometimes the fighters get a break sometimes they dont, last time Meisha got the shot coming of a TKO loss cause Cat got injured. This time she was passed up even though she won 4 in a row. Holm is 9-0 and undefeated in the UFC she can be the top contender as well.

I'm not surprised by this at all. Let's face it, nobody gives much of a shit about Tate Vs Rousey 3, we all know what's going to happen.

With Holm on the other hand, there is a certain aurora of uncertainty. Granted, Rousey will most likely destroy her, but that won't stop the UFC from hyping her up and selling a boat load of tickets and PPV's.

She doesnt deserve the title shot yet,, she has 1 more shot , when she loses again shes not getting a 4th so be happy miesha, you have more time to prepare, maybe you will last longer next fight

Back