miesha camp shocked at the decision

I figured Tate had to be hurt or something. Holm getting the shot over Tate makes no sense, unless you're Dana and want more $$$. However, Tate is a highly marketable opponent despite the two losses. Holm gets promoted as a boxing champ (even though she's looked average in mma) but Tate is the only fighter to make it out of the first round with The Empress.

Empress.... 😏😏

I can see both sides. I'm sure she is a bit shocked b/c it was pretty much hinted at that Tate was getting the next shot. If Dana had come out right away and said they likely weren't doing Tate vs RR III then that's one thing. They kind of led Tate on I think. However I can see where hte UFC doesn't want to sell the 3rd fight. Or moreso where Ronda might want a new opponent and a different name on her resume. As others have said I wonder if his makes room for Cyborg vs Tate. Though I can hardly imagine the UFC could take the chance to have Cyborg lose to Tate without fighting Ronda first.

This seems to happen a lot with the UFC. People that are directly involved with something find out last. Makes the UFC look very very very unprofessional.

I have no idea why they would not tell them personally. Hey Meisha, you had 2 shots, you failed. We r going with Holm. K ? Bye bye.

Thats all it takes... This way it makes them look juvenile..

It's actually a compliment to Tate.

They don't trust that Holm will make it through another challenger, so they have to get her in there now.

On the other hand, they trust Tate to take care of whoever they put in front of her, so there's no problem with waiting a bit.

guys, i see a lot of you say miesha already lost twice. that's not the point at the moment because, if i remember correctly, Dana said Tate's shot is "guaranteed". this change of opponent may be warranted (previous record) but personally i'd like to hear a motivation.

wouldn't you? i mean besides "she lost twice already", which did not seem to matter a while back, when miesha was "guaranteed" the shot.

guys, i see a lot of you say miesha already lost twice. that's not the point at the moment because, if i remember correctly, Dana said Tate's shot is "guaranteed". this change of opponent may be warranted (previous record) but personally i'd like to hear a motivation.

wouldn't you? i mean besides "she lost twice already", which did not seem to matter a while back, when miesha was "guaranteed" the shot.

This. Yeah DAna lies sometimes but still being "guaranteed" a shot right after winning and not being hampered by an injury or some other surging contender makes it seem like she was definitely getting one.

Why shocked? She had her shot(s)

It probably had to do with this:

Dana White confirms Miesha Tate gets next title shot against Ronda Rousey vs. Bethe Correria winner at UFC 190

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/7/26/9...esha-tate-title-shot-ronda-rousey-trilogy-mma

That's the part that's confusing. Its not like Zuffa weren't aware of Tate's record vs Rousey. They could have used a word such as "Probably" or "Likely" but they released a definitive decree of Tate as the next contender. I suspect Rousey's camp opted to push for Holm now rather than wait for her to get better at the aspects of MMA that she is lacking in. Tate would certainly be a tougher fight, not that she poses that much risk but Holm would pose a greater risk if she had 3 or 4 more fights to improve. Not saying Rousey is looking for the easy or safer path but if I were her handler I would be trying to ride this wave as long as possible and navigate her path as much as possible. Rousey could line up her next 12 challengers and fight them once a month if she wanted. Nobody but Cyborg poses any threat to her and even that threat is negated to a significant degree if Cyborg cuts to 135lbs for that fight.

I can see why they pulled the plug, since she is 0-2 against Ronda and they want some fresh fights, but Miesha earned that shot by beating much tougher competition than Holm did.

Mark my words, there is going to be boos raining down because Holm WILL NOT engage Rousey and will try and hit and run the entire fight.

I suspect Rousey's camp opted to push for Holm now rather than wait for her to get better at the aspects of MMA that she is lacking in.

I agree that Rousey's camp probably pushed for Holm, but I think the concern was more that Holm wouldn't remain unbeaten.

I figured Tate had to be hurt or something. Holm getting the shot over Tate makes no sense, unless you're Dana and want more $$$. However, Tate is a highly marketable opponent despite the two losses. Holm gets promoted as a boxing champ (even though she's looked average in mma) but Tate is the only fighter to make it out of the first round with The Empress.

Nah, maybe if you only fallow UFC (last couple fights) she would look average. But if you pay attention to what she was doing in the other MMA organizations she was looking really impressive.

She lost twice, and she was going to lose again. Tate, and her camp should be thanking Dana. If people were honest, they would admit, the talent, and skill gap between Ronda, and Miesha will never be bridged. I applaud the UFC for not subjecting us to a pointless trilogy.

what i can't believe is how many suckers there are on sherdog. when has dana ever went with the fight that makes the most sense if it's going to potentially impact his wallet?
holm isn't going to beat ronda whereas meisha is still somewhat still a threat and as long as people keep dumping $60 on 25 second main cards that don't even challenge ronda he's going to keep doing it.
#boycottrousey2016

Because you had 2 chances already and have gotten your ass handed to you twice, enough with "She took RR to deep waters" BS she just prolonged the ass kicking. She is not competitive with RR and maybe Holm won't be either but at least I haven't seen it yet

I'm guessing you didn't score high in reading comprehension in school.

Who cares. The only fight to make is with Cyborg

Good news. I was staunchly against Rousey-Tate III (though I know we may still yet see that fight one day).

Holm will be evasive enough to last a bit longer against Rousey...maybe even make it out of the first round....but she just doesn't have the skills to beat Rousey.

Tate vs. Davis makes the most sense...or Tate vs. Zingano II, perhaps.

Jarl

They shouldn't have mislead her like that. it is the ufc we are talking about though

Ive got a feeling we will see tate vs cyborg announced soon

i wouldn't mind seeing this

not a fan of tate

Back