Midnight - Metal's Most Underrated Vocalist?

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Midnght - the vocalist on Crimson Glory's first 2 albums was a vocals of stunning talent and ability, yet he never reached anywhere near the level of stardom that many vocalists with just a tiny fraction of his talent reached. Maybe it was that his music was too serious and too uncommercial. it didn't help that he left Crimson Glory while they were working on their third album and never appeared on a major label album after their masterpiece - Transcendence. I don't know if he quit Crimson Glory or was fired. Do you? If he did quit, why did he do that? Unless he had an offer from a more established band, it's a career move that just didn't make any sense. Perhaps his demons made him difficult to work with. I've never found any information to confirm or deny that possibility although I do know that he drank heavily - something that led to his early death at only 47 years old. he's an amazing vocal performance from Midnight that shows he had vocal abilities that went beyond the progressive metal he was most well known for:

I don't know much about him.

I watched, what seems to be the only interview with him, while he was in Brazil.

He seems like he was a pretty secretive guy.

When asked about what he's been up to, he said he went into hiding and got a bit defensive about it when asked further.

All that I do know about Midnight is, he was an amazing vocalist and sang for a very underrated band who were groundbreaking for their time in two of my favorite types of Metal.

Metal's most underrated vocalist?

Devin Townsend, and there is not even a close second. The guy is like the Freddie Mercury of extreme metal.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back