Television Midnight Mass, Netflix

He's been in a few things I've seen, the most recent he's playing a rapist whose just got out of jail turned Private Eye, he is creepy as fuck. Tell Me Your Secrets was decent enough, but mainly only because of him. He was even a bit weird in Mad Men, he was pretty good in The Crazy Ones. I really like him as an actor.

Back to the show, I didn't even know it existed till Sunday morning and binged the lot in one day. I loved it, just the right mix of fear of God religion, vampires, and cults...right up my alley.
Shame there won't be another one but it was flippin brilliant. I'm quite often fucking around on my phone at some point during a binge session but I was glued. Brutal that only 2 people survived, and I may have had something in his eye with sheriff and his son at the end.
Have you seen Hill House and Bly Manor

Have you seen Hill House and Bly Manor
Yeah I liked those as well (from what I remember), but they didn't really grip me like this, I'm pretty obsessed with cults and for instance people who go to mass every day without fail. And the whole angel vampire story I thought was brilliantly done.

Yeah I liked those as well (from what I remember), but they didn't really grip me like this, I'm pretty obsessed with cults and for instance people who go to mass every day without fail. And the whole angel vampire story I thought was brilliantly done.
Yeah I fully agree

I think that a lesser show runner could have really fumbled the Vampire aspect and made it feel silly and derivative but the way it was handled was amazing

7/10 and its probably my third favorite out of the 3 Netflix series. That isn't a knock on it though, I just think his others were better. I also really like the slow burn of the first few episodes, but thought the ending fell short. If it would have had one more episode I think it could have fleshed some stuff out better. I thought most characters were well played, and the vampire was well done.

Dude sure puts his wife in everything

That's because Kate Siegel is a brilliant actress & bloody beautiful. I'd watch her in pretty much anything.
e69db9644cd32fa7d19072e746be6eb4.jpg

Whoa! Just realized that's the ET kid playing the guys dad lol

Yeah Henry Thomas! Dude is a very solid actor and he’s a big part of the Flanagan family- in all three of the Netflix series and Ouija and Gerald’s Game as well.

Honestly Flanagan has been a huge deal for his career. He fell off for a bit after a good role in Gangs of New York. I thought he did an awesome job in Midnight Mass.

Yeah Henry Thomas! Dude is a very solid actor and he’s a big part of the Flanagan family- in all three of the Netflix series and Ouija and Gerald’s Game as well.

Honestly Flanagan has been a huge deal for his career. He fell off for a bit after a good role in Gangs of New York. I thought he did an awesome job in Midnight Mass.

Oh, for sure. Flanagan pretty much resurrected his career & he does a solid job in everything he's in.

Flanagan's next project for Netflix is an eight-episode adaption of Edgar Alan Poe's THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER that he says will be "blood-soaked" from the start & use elements from Poe's entire body of work. This sounds awesome to me as I'm a huge fan of gothic horror.
https://www.joblo.com/the-fall-of-the-house-of-usher-mike-flanagan-blood-soaked/

This guy’s output seems insane. He’s done so much stuff in the past eights years or so. Rare to see a filmmaker/show runner who is this prolific but also putting out this caliber of work.

This guy’s output seems insane. He’s done so much stuff in the past eights years or so. Rare to see a filmmaker/show runner who is this prolific but also putting out this caliber of work.

Oh, for sure. He's unusually prolific & it's all quality work. He's definitely one of my favorites working in the genre. Or really, in films/TV period regardless of the genre. I already count three of his films HUSH, GERALD'S GAME & DOCTOR SLEEP among my personal favorites of the past decade. And HILL HOUSE & MIDNIGHT MASS are classics of genre television.
So, I'm happy that before we eventually get his Poe adaption ( probably sometime in 2023 ) we're going to get his anthology series THE MIDNIGHT CLUB sometime next year courtesy of his partnership with Netflix.

Can you blame him? Dude scored way above his league.

When-Did-Kate-Siegel-Mike-Flanagan-Get-Married.jpg

Hes basically the DnD nerd that got with Impossible Angelina Jolie.

Directors have their pick of pretty actresses to date, regardless of looks. They have a built in career advantage of working closely with them for several months at a time. Was she in anything notable before she worked with him?

Directors have their pick of pretty actresses to date, regardless of looks. They have a built in career advantage of working closely with them for several months at a time. Was she in anything notable before she worked with him?

I dont even care about your question and I dont know why you responded to my post with any of your points.

It started off kind of slow, midpoint until the final episode are very entertaining, well written and we'll acted. The ending falls off dramatically and is pretty awful. I'd give it a solid 9/10 up until the finale. Final episode is a 2/10.

I wanted more backstory on the first vampire. Where did it come from etc

Back