Midlife crisis vehicle

90 50

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
There I said it, was driving today for the first time in a LONG time where I was just listening to the radio and enjoying driving.
But wished I was driving something else, with some power.

Not really a midlife crisis want but noticed I’m missing something right now.

I’ve always had something fast , cars , bikes , boats etc and don’t have anything but my truck right now.

Sports car, Bike or get boat race ready again?
I’m leaning towards a car or a bike.

mustang, camaro etc.

Sometimes a nice rumble from some exhaust and some gears to row through can make a world of difference in your mood.:.

TS
smart-car-motorcycle-paintjob.jpg

I already have a nice daily driver so no need for some bs like that. And I would get a sport bike.

A used red Porsche Boxster with a leather hood bra
maxresdefault.jpg

boxters never been my style.

maybe an old 911 and do something cool like throw my own turbo on it.

i worked on a weird ass turbo Miata today.. not really relevant but..

gtc-01.jpg

I keep trying to convince the wife that a GTC4Lusso is a family car.
Not my style, I will keep my z71 as a daily.

if I got a Ferrari it would be a Modeno(then figure out how to put a turbo on it)

I’m thinking like a third gen fbody and dump a 5.3 and a tremec in it, or a fox body(but I’ve had tons of those) maybe a 05ish Stang?? 4v car.

or a clapped out ass gsxr or Cbr and cafe race style it and hang the front wheel for miles at a time.

Has to be the Vette.
That's the first thing I thought when I saw the thread. I mean, at 41 that's where I have to go since I've had three Camaros already and still have an SS.

I’m thinking like a third gen fbody and dump a 5.3 and a tremec in it, or a fox body(but I’ve had tons of those) maybe a 05ish Stang?? 4v car.

or a clapped out ass gsxr or Cbr and cafe race style it and hang the front wheel for miles at a time.
Do you know how I live my life?

I think mid life crisis starts later these days, like late 50s or early 60s.
At 42 (soon to be) I feel I’m in early peak life wise.

That said next ride will between these 2 in 2022/23.
images

images

Current ride(2018 Loaded Rav 4) paid for; but too soon for a new ride.

Unless you are in good financial standing, you are not in a position to buy a car for psychological wants. The same dude that goes ahead and buy his fantasy car is the same dude crying about how in debt he is and it's all government and the 1% fault.

Do you know how I live my life?
A quarter mile at a time?

On topic, when I first saw them years ago, I was fascinated by the "adult go karts" like the Ariel Atom; then I saw what one of those things actually cost.

<6>

Sounds like someones financial situation has gotten better

Reactions: lsa
Back