Middleweight top contender fights?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by copyandpasteguy, Aug 5, 2016.

1. While Bisping and Hendo settle a meaningless grudge in a world title fight for the ages, what should the other guys do?
    I am tired of seeing guys demand title shots when there last win was a walk in the park with washed up vitor.
    In the most recent rankings Vitor was 4 and Anderson was 5. That seems absurd 2 me.

Rockhold, Jacare, Weidman, ect. What should happen? What will happen?

2. Tito’s Juice Box

Tito’s Juice Box Let’s get smashed.

If Bisping wins, he should fight Jacare, If Hendo wins and retires, Jacare vs Weidman, and Rockhold vs Yoel, with the winners fighting each other for the strap.

streetscience and joeyjoejoe like this.
  3. nogdog

nogdog Blue Belt

IMO there's no clear-cut #1 contender matchup. But:
    - Rockhold v. Jacare 2. If Jacare wins, he gets title shot. If Rockhold wins, he fights winner of Mousasi vs. Vitor.
    - Weidman v. Romero? Winner is next in line for the next title shot after Jacare if Jacare wins. Weidman defended a few times, and Romero is on a streak, though he has to fight Weidman first because he was caught for PEDs. Loser fights loser of Mousasi v. Vitor.

IMO, I think it would be great if we saw:
    - Bisping beat Henderson.
    - Jacare beat Rockhold.
    - Anderson beat Hall.
    - Romero beat Weidman.
    - Mousasi beat Vitor.

So:
    - Bisping v. Jacare for title
    - Anderson v. Henderson 2
    - Rockhold v. Hall
    - Romero next in line for title shot - winner of Bisping v. Jacare. Should be Jacare v. Romero 2.
    - Weidman v. Vitor 2.
    - Mousasi v. Whitaker

Machida or Brunson always in the mix in case any of these fighters drop out (except for title shots).

4. It's hard for me to see Souza and Rockhold be willing to fight eachother if it's not for the belt, but Jacare is running out of time he is kind of old.

Weidman is out with a neck injury and Yoel got USADA'd. As did Machida. Not sure when they can come back.

5. bukofezra

bukofezra Purple Belt

Bisping just ruined my interest for the middleweight division. There are no fights in that division I really want to see...but that's just me.

6. cain da epo boy

cain da epo boy White Belt

Contenders no longer matter it's all about the draw baby

Frank Kain likes this.