Middleweight is a pretty weird division to rank an all time top ten for

I actually had Bobby in front of him initialy but I was scared all the Pride fanboys would gang up on me.
Na, I think the people that watched Pride know Hendo's lack of fights at 185 should have him in that 5th to 8th range.

Feel like Paulo Filho deserves an honorable mention if not a spot towards the bottom of a top 10 list. Was considered #1 MW in the world even above Anderson for a while before Anderson was dominant. Held the WEC belt. Could have been more if not for the health/drug issues though.
Filho is one of those fighters that was one of the biggest wastes of talent in MMA history. If he didn't have that drug problem he might have been the best or at least top 5 all time at 185.

Now imagine if you were someone who disqualifies PED users from the conversation. That would really make this difficult

Might as well remove Hendo from every discussion since he used TRT for a long time.

1 silva
2 izzy
3 moussasi

gegard has done alot. but also has quite a few inexcusable losses on his record like lavato jr and uriah hall.

I think Lovato would cause hella problems to Izzy

1 Anderson

2 Izzy
3 Whittaker
4 Hendo
5 Weidman
6 Bisping
7 Franklin
8 Vitor
9 Chael
10 Mousasi/Yoel

Honorable Mention

Luke Rockhold
Jacare
Bustamante

Bottom of the list gets dicey because you have guys who never held he strap but beat guys ranked ahead of them.

I tried to give priority to guys who established themselves as the best then who had the best wins (without looking them up)

Last edited:
1 silva
2 izzy
3 moussasi

gegard has done alot. but also has quite a few inexcusable losses on his record like lavato jr and uriah hall.

Gegard has one of the best records in MMA history. He's 47-7 for fuck sake.

Lovato was talented, retired undefeated, and on gear in a close fight.

Uriah Hall is a highlight machine who could KO anyone on his best day. A jumping spinning back kick KO that was later proven to be a fluke result.

Those are "inexcusable" but Whittaker's losses to Hoon Kim, Jesse Juarez, and Court McGee aren't?

Give me any fighter who's fought 50+ times without a fluke loss here or there. This is MMA, everyone loses.

Put some respect on Mousasi's name. He's got too many notable wins over good fighters to even list completely.

Gegard has one of the best records in MMA history. He's 47-7 for fuck sake.

Lovato was talented, retired undefeated, and on gear in a close fight.

Uriah Hall is a highlight machine who could KO anyone on his best day. A jumping spinning back kick KO that was later proven to be a fluke result.

Those are "inexcusable" but Whittaker's losses to Hoon Kim, Jesse Juarez, and Court McGee aren't?

Give me any fighter who's fought 50+ times without a fluke loss here or there. This is MMA, everyone loses.

Put some respect on Mousasi's. He's got too many notable wins over good fighters to even list completely.
I think Mousasi has GOAT-level skills but just lacked that extra gear to be a dominant champion

I agree

I gave him this spot because he was The Man before Anderson and would probably have kept that spot for a while. But yeah, you could easily argue he's lower than that.

Would've loved to see Prime Franklin vs Prime Marquardt in those days

This division always been weak

Back