Mickey Gall's mediocre striking

Craw

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
His stand up is so bad that I legit think Cm Punk would have had a chance if he wasn't taken down so early.

lol no.

do you need a reminder of just how bad CM Punk's striking is?

tenor.gif

His fourth pro fight

was a fox co main event.

He has no where to go but upwards

Sage Northcutt's mediocre grappling.

I legit think that it sucks.

I hope Sage asks for a rematch, goes and trains with Wonderboy, then pulls a Conor and beats the guy who subbed him in the second round.

The dude was just fighting amateur last year. At least he does 1 thing really well and thats his BJJ, as he is a legit brown belt from a good school. He's young, he's gotta start working that striking and hopefully he picks it up.

Good enough to drop Sage and make him panic wrestle

he was smart enough to soon realize he should not stand with Sage

Sage fan can't handle reality. Just a reminder. Sage had less than nothing for him on the ground. Than got dropped standing. Than tapped out.

Hasn't been fighting for very long and he's more of a BJJ guy. If the UFC were smart they'd avoid that Hardy fight at all costs and just develop Gall properly. This whole Sage/Paige saga should be enough for them to realize this.

lol no.

do you need a reminder of just how bad CM Punk's striking is?

tenor.gif
I just don't get this. They had to discuss a strategy to come out of the gate with. "Come at him standing straight up and swing two feet over his head"

I just don't get this. They had to discuss a strategy to come out of the gate with. "Come at him standing straight up and swing two feet over his head"

Punk did exact what Duke Rufous told him to do; go listen to the tape - Duke says it on the walkout, close to when the hit they ref inspection spot IIRC.

{<jordan}

He has an awkward body position for strikes.. his stance is strange. I dont think he can do that much about it though.. he do has power though, as you can see from his GnP.. if he could transfer that to standing he would be "pretty" dangerous.

He is 4-0,in the UFC,had a co main spot. How is your life going,TS?

He's about on the level of where I would expect a relative striking beginner to be. It's just unfortunate for us and for the credibility of MMA that he's been thrust into the limelight and on to a main card at such an early stage of his career. I can't blame him for the taking the opportunity with both hands.

Mickey Gall doesn't need good striking. He can backpack his way to the belt.

Back