Law Michigan shooting

mjfan23

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Tragic.

Quick question for our legal experts, why aren’t killers like this treated like the terrorists they are and instead given privileges like wait for warrants, allowed to lawyer up, etc?

A 15-year-old student at a Michigan high school was taken into custody on Tuesday after allegedly shooting and killing three students and injuring eight others, including one teacher, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

The deceased victims are a 16-year-old male, a 14-year-old female, and a 17-year-old female. Two of the injured victims were in surgery as of 5:00 p.m. ET and six others were in stable condition with gunshot wounds.

Sheriff's deputies were called to Oxford High School at 12:51 p.m. ET and apprehended the suspect within five minutes. The shooter, who authorities believe acted alone, was uninjured and is not answering questions at this time, according to Undersheriff Michael G. McCabe.

"We’re executing a search warrant at the suspect’s house," McCabe said. "We have talked to the parents, and all I can tell you is they didn’t want their son to talk to us and they have hired an attorney."

About 15-20 shots were fired and a handgun was recovered at the scene. ”

Is it due to them being minors? Or a state/federal law giving right to a fair trail to these murderers?

If the accused isn't afforded their rights under the law, then there is a chance they walk on a technicality.

I'd much rather the authorities give the accused every courtesy and right afforded them, so they get sentenced to life, or pay a visit to Ol' Sparky, instead of walking free.

Very sad story.

As to the question in the OP, you know why. Also there might be culpability on the part of the parents, depending on where he got the gun.

Tragic.

Quick question for our legal experts, why aren’t killers like this treated like the terrorists they are and instead given privileges like wait for warrants, allowed to lawyer up, etc?

A 15-year-old student at a Michigan high school was taken into custody on Tuesday after allegedly shooting and killing three students and injuring eight others, including one teacher, according to the Oakland County Sheriff's Office.

The deceased victims are a 16-year-old male, a 14-year-old female, and a 17-year-old female. Two of the injured victims were in surgery as of 5:00 p.m. ET and six others were in stable condition with gunshot wounds.

Sheriff's deputies were called to Oxford High School at 12:51 p.m. ET and apprehended the suspect within five minutes. The shooter, who authorities believe acted alone, was uninjured and is not answering questions at this time, according to Undersheriff Michael G. McCabe.

"We’re executing a search warrant at the suspect’s house," McCabe said. "We have talked to the parents, and all I can tell you is they didn’t want their son to talk to us and they have hired an attorney."

About 15-20 shots were fired and a handgun was recovered at the scene. ”

Is it due to them being minors? Or a state/federal law giving right to a fair trail to these murderers?

They’re American citizens entitled to due process.

They’re American citizens entitled to due process.
There has to be a gutamano bay style place for these terrorists terrorizing parents and kids across the nation. Where they get tortured, I mean treated for a bit before due process kicks in.

Unless we bundle them up in the terrorist or suspected terrorist category and violate some of their privileges unfortunately this shit will keep happening and keep turning into “hey wait a gun was involved let’s talk about gun control instead”

Fucking awful, the kids these days are a mess and there’s many reasons why. Feel awful for the families of the killed and injured.

There has to be a gutamano bay style place for these terrorists terrorizing parents and kids across the nation. Where they get tortured, I mean treated for a bit before due process kicks in.”

Exceptions to due process can quickly become a slippery slope. Why murderers and not rapists? What about other kinds of murderers? Insurrectionists, but not protestors?

We had a local cop killer who “somehow” lost an eye during his arrest. On the whole, the community seems cool with it. He is on trial now (no eye patch).

Rather than getting into a discussion of whose eyes the government should and should not be removing it’s probably best to just follow the constitution for all citizens if we can help it.

I’d say a bigger issue would be large schools. Socially as humans putting people in places where there are hundreds to several thousand people is going to breed all kinds of resentment as violence. I bet by capping schools at 100 kids, violence and bullying would be a much smaller issue.
In elementary school I had 42 kids in my entire grade. I knew every kid and knew where most of them lived and they all knew each other. In middle school my grade has over 400 kids. I can go through my yearbook and find dozens of people I never ever interacted with

making everyone a stranger, including the teachers in massive building is asking for isolation and social problems.

Exceptions to due process can quickly become a slippery slope. Why murderers and not rapists? What about other kinds of murderers? Insurrectionists, but not protestors?

We had a local cop killer who “somehow” lost an eye during his arrest. On the whole, the community seems cool with it. He is on trial now (no eye patch).

Rather than getting into a discussion of whose eyes the government should and should not be removing it’s probably best to just follow the constitution for all citizens if we can help it.
I think most of us can agree that whatever the govt can do to one person and get away with it, they can do to others.

Question for all you legal experts: why do we let people have lawyers and rights and stuff?

Need some big brained lawyer types to help me out here
0LkKftf.png

There has to be a gutamano bay style place for these terrorists terrorizing parents and kids across the nation. Where they get tortured, I mean treated for a bit before due process kicks in.

Unless we bundle them up in the terrorist or suspected terrorist category and violate some of their privileges unfortunately this shit will keep happening and keep turning into “hey wait a gun was involved let’s talk about gun control instead”

Not really sure what to say, that’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You want to give the government the ability to carry out extra judicial imprisonment and punishment.

Are you American? Why are you trying to give away your own rights?

I think most of us can agree that whatever the govt can do to one person and get away with it, they can do to others.

Yes 100%. There may be an argument somewhere in here that appeals conservatives on opposing the death penalty. Do not trust the government on vaccines, but give them the power to try, convict and execute you.

Aren’t people tired of these headlines of school shootings yet?
Why? it is all part of the agenda. If anything the amount of them is not meeting the quota the scumbags destroying this country want to see. The children are no longer allowed to be children and have adult oriented issues pushed on them every day. They are no longer allowed to just be kids and enjoy their lives and the innocence that childhood should have. Plenty of adults try to speak up about this but the woke mob just keeps pushing forward with their agenda of destroying family values and unity.

What political demands were made here?
Terrorists don’t have to make demands. Parents are terrorized and Afraid of sending kids to school. The only thing political that will come out of this is gun laws debate.

Back