Social Michigan school district removes LGBT references in sex ed

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Seeing as being gay or bisexual is a very common reason for being bullied, yes there is need for it. You're pretending as if it's some kind of privilege to be mentioned in an anti-bullying program as one of the reasons people might bully you. <2>

No there isn't. People who aren't assholes don't bully. Someone who doesn't bully LGBTs could still be an asshole. Someone who doesn't bully period is not. The goal should be rearing youth to be people who don't bully period.

No there isn't. People who aren't assholes don't bully. Someone who doesn't bully LGBTs could still be an asshole. Someone who doesn't bully period is not.
Good point, why use nuance when you can just ignore certain aspects of bullying culture and the specific targets of bullying, and the different ways these targets are being bullied. Autists get bullied differently than gay people and for different reasons but who cares just hang up a big sign saying "no bullying guys".

Good point, why use nuance when you can just ignore certain aspects of bullying culture and the specific targets of bullying, and the different ways these targets are being bullied. Autists get bullied differently than gay people and for different reasons but who cares just hang up a big sign saying "no bullying guys".

Nice straw man.

Nice straw man.
Adding nuance to bullying makes for a more effective bullying program. To understand bullying you need to understand why people are bullied, and what traits make them targets for bullies. That is why "LGBT" is a category. Just ignoring the facts that yes people still get bullied for being not-straight does not have any benefit and I still absolutely fail to see how any of this is a "thinly veiled way to promote those lifestyles". It seems very well veiled since it makes exactly zero sense.

It doesn't say "especially don't bully gay people". There is already a bulls eye on that group, hence why the group is a focus point of the anti-bullying program.

Any kind of special attention given to any group makes them more of a target.

Do not bully anyone. That covers everyone.

Do not bully anyone. That covers eveyone.
That's not how anti-bullying programs work.

Do not bully anyone. That covers everyone.

Why make it about bullying? Just tell them not to do bad stuff. Talking about bullying just puts the idea in their head.

Adding nuance to bullying makes for a more effective bullying program. To understand bullying you need to understand why people are bullied, and what traits make them targets for bullies. That is why "LGBT" is a category. Just ignoring the facts that yes people still get bullied for being not-straight does not have any benefit and I still absolutely fail to see how any of this is a "thinly veiled way to promote those lifestyles". It seems very well veiled since it makes exactly zero sense.

People with good character don't bully. A good character formation program would lead to a decline in bullying of all people.

That's not how anti-bullying programs work.

Where is it written that the only way to not bully someone forntheir sexuality is to draw special attention to it?

Why make it about bullying? Just tell them not to do bad stuff. Talking about bullying just puts the idea in their head.

I know you tried for a gotcha. But honeslty id be ok with that.

"I don't bully gays, or anyone, for that matter. I just tell weak, limp-wristed f*****s my opinion about their lifestyle which I read is a conscious choice of theirs. Because that's my freedom."

See how that works?

What if there are no LGBT*&$)*%BFKLU people to bully? Do we instruct kids to bully another group, then make a special awareness program to not bully said group?

Seeing as being gay or bisexual is a very common reason for being bullied, yes there is need for it. You're pretending as if it's some kind of privilege to be mentioned in an anti-bullying program as one of the reasons people might bully you. <2>
You know what else is a common reason for being bullied?

Being short, fat, ugly, dumb, unathletic, etc.

We need short bullying awareness month!

Bullying builds character.

Pussies.

I really do think bullying is wrong and should be addressed, but you're not wrong. Beating up your bully, or just standing up for yourself period then coming out on top is a very fulfilling feeling when you're growing up.

Sex Ed seems to be about the one place in schools talking about the lgbt community, particularly different risks and protection methods associated with them vs hetero couples, makes sense

Michigan has a few heavy eras of immigrants from Islamic majority countries. Curious to see if it's a result of that

Last edited:
Sex Ed seems to be about the one place in schools talking about the lgbt community, particularly different risks and protection methods associated with them vs hetero couples, makes sense

Michigan has a few heavy eras of immigrants from Islamic majority countries. Curious to see if it's a result of that

According to the news story, it's a conservative Christian community.

I really do think bullying is wrong and should be addressed, but you're not wrong. Beating up your bully, or just standing up for yourself period then coming out on top is a very fulfilling feeling when you're growing up.

What if it’s girls doing their sneaky behind the back bullying?

It’s not always going to be the classic school yard bully scenario.

Back