Social Michigan school district removes LGBT references in sex ed

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 159002

I heard the story on, you guessed it, NPR.

A Michigan school district near Grand Rapids has removed mention of the LGBTs from its sex ed curriculum. In addition, the district has removed mentioning LGBT in its anti-bullying program.

I say this is great. Nice to see a community not let social engineers get away with indoctrinating its youth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too little too late; I failed my pop quiz on scissoring already.

I heard the story on, you guessed it, NPR. The story isn't on npr.org yet but I'll link the story once it is. A Michigan school district near Grand Rapids has removed mention of the LGBTs from its sex ed curriculum. In addition, the district has removed mentioning LGBT in its anti-bullying program.

I say this is great. Nice to see a community not let social engineers get away with indoctrinating its youth.
{<huh}

You think it's good to remove a heavily targeted group from discussion of bullying?

Removing gays from sex ed. good.

Removing gays from anti bullying. bad.

In addition, the district has removed mentioning LGBT in its anti-bullying program.

How on earth was that conclusion formed?

There's no need for LGBT bullying victims to get special attention.

That's a great point.

No need to specify who not to bully.

Do not need an anti blacks bullying.
Do not need an anti jew bullying.
Do not need an anti men bullying.
Do not need an anti women bullying.
Do not need a heterosexual bullying.

Just don't fucking bully.

There's no need for LGBT bullying victims to get special attention.
Seeing as being gay or bisexual is a very common reason for being bullied, yes there is need for it. You're pretending as if it's some kind of privilege to be mentioned in an anti-bullying program as one of the reasons people might bully you. <2>

Seeing as being gay or bisexual is a very common reason for being bullied, yes there is need for it. You're pretending as if it's some kind of privilege to be mentioned in an anti-bullying program as one of the reasons people might bully you. <2>

"so hey! Don't bully anyone people"

And oh yeah "hey don't bully them gays as well...ok?"

Aren't those people disproportionately targeted by bullies?

So what? The message, "Don't be an asshole" covers not being an asshole to LGBTs. The majority of kids who got bullied when I was in school were straight. Focusing an anti-bullying campaign on bullying of LGBTs is just a thinly veiled way to promote those lifestyles.

"so hey! Don't bully anyone people"

And oh yeah "hey don't bully them gays as well...ok?"
They should hire you as the next anti-bullying speaker. Very sagelike.

I heard the story on, you guessed it, NPR. The story isn't on npr.org yet but I'll link the story once it is. A Michigan school district near Grand Rapids has removed mention of the LGBTs from its sex ed curriculum. In addition, the district has removed mentioning LGBT in its anti-bullying program.

lol I bet you'd have a different sentiment if you found out this was a Muslim community in Michigan that did this.

Focusing an anti-bullying campaign on bullying of LGBTs is just a thinly veiled way to promote those lifestyles.
Elaborate. Shouldn't be hard since it's so "thinly veiled".

They should hire you as the next anti-bullying speaker. Very sagelike.

Well I'm confused as to why you need to specify whom not to bully and what that sounds like when you flesh it out.

"Hey don't bully ok? But ESPECIALLY don't bully them gay people"

I'm of course summing it up and it sounds ridiculous but there really isn't a need to draw special attention to only certain groups. It just ends up putting a bulls eye on that group.

Just don't bully. The end. It covers everyone. Handicap, young, old, black, white, gay, straight, religious, atheist...

Seems fine to me.

Well I'm confused as to why you need to specify whom not to bully and what that sounds like when you flesh it out.

"Hey don't bully ok? But ESPECIALLY don't bully them gay people"

I'm of course summing it up and it sounds ridiculous but there really isn't a need to draw special attention to only certain groups. It just ends up putting a bulls eye on that group.
It doesn't say "especially don't bully gay people". There is already a bulls eye on that group, hence why the group is a focus point of the anti-bullying program.

Back