Economy Michigan Gov orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline

Jeez guys, when we said "let the eastern bastards freeze in the dark", we never thought you would do it on your own volition.

<{Heymansnicker}>

During America's biggest Oil Crisis and Shortage Michigan Gov's orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline as the Michigan Gov's promised to the environmentalists.

Honestly i dont think this was a good idea to shut it down during a gas shortage.
But i am not surprised this is what some people voted for.
Shutting a pipeline because you made a campaign promise to bend over to the environmentalists is dangerous. Imagine when the gas shortage comes to Michigan the lineups of vehicles will be for miles end.

I mean did America just vote for a admin who promised to end oil and gas?

Michigan Gov orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline

Biden is also Targeting Oil and Gas while pushing for Wind.

Biden’s first 100 days: Interior sends ‘clear signal’ promoting wind, targeting oil, gas
Is normal.
Whatever they can do to destroy America.

Well if it’s a “controversial” pipeline...

I don’t really get the politics behind the pipeline stuff. Let it continue while phasing over to other alternatives. If you still end up using the oil and getting it a different way, you are just pandering and creating bad policy.

Is Michigan just full of terrible people or what?

the area that most people think represents MI is... i'll give a hint, Detroit...

It's the new Florida.

Or is it the original Florida? as people in MI tend to leak down to Florida as they age...

$5 gas coming to a store near you...these fucktards won't be happy until everyone is broke and not able to live any sort of decent life no matter how hard you try.

the goal is to make the citizenry dependent on the "government"...

Ontario and Quebec get Alberta oil through Line 5. I wonder if I should be thanking Whitmer for the shutdown. British Columbia's government took Alberta's government to court over Alberta's new law granting government the power to cut off another province.

Whitmer may have cut some red tape for Alberta. Maybe Quebec's premier will stop calling Alberta's oil "dirty", and maybe Trudeau will revive the Energy East pipeline that he killed. Trudeau needs those votes in Ontario and Quebec.

Last edited:
What all did she do ?

She tried vetoing the bill that lowered our car insurance

She tried pushing through a gas tax that would add 45 cents a gallon at the pump

She was super heavy handed with the lock-downs. Which I'm not totally anti about, but she went overboard imo.

Locked down the UP when there was only a couple of hundred cases, but left the Mackinac bridge open for recreation travel for Holiday weekends like the 4th of July.

Pulled a Cumo and stuck a bunch of Covid patience in with the elderly at nursing homes.

She tried vetoing the bill that lowered our car insurance

She tried pushing through a gas tax that would add 45 cents a gallon at the pump

She was super heavy handed with the lock-downs. Which I'm not totally anti about, but she went overboard imo.

Locked down the UP when there was only a couple of hundred cases, but left the Mackinac bridge open for recreation travel for Holiday weekends like the 4th of July.

Pulled a Cumo and stuck a bunch of Covid patience in with the elderly at nursing homes.

Bill would have allowed insurers to charge people in Detroit more money and left them hanging.

Gas tax I agree

We were one of the worst hit states in the nation. I don't agree or disagree so much as I know whoever was in that seat at the time was facing a lot of hard decisions.

I'm not sure what everyone wanted people to do with the nursing homes ....that's where they live and hospitals and hospitals do everything they can not to admit anyone.

And this pipeline she wants to shut down threatens our water and it's mostly Canadians using that oil but it's you and me who will be in the spill zone if and when it bursts

I don't love her but I find the extreme hate she gets kind of Undeserved

Warren Buffett is against pipelines. He owns a company that profits from oil by rail. He pretends pipes are bad.

He also just bought a number of LNG peaks shaving facilities that use natural gas from pipelines so I don’t think he’s totally against them.

Bill would have allowed insurers to charge people in Detroit more money and left them hanging.

Gas tax I agree

We were one of the worst hit states in the nation. I don't agree or disagree so much as I know whoever was in that seat at the time was facing a lot of hard decisions.

I'm not sure what everyone wanted people to do with the nursing homes ....that's where they live and hospitals and hospitals do everything they can not to admit anyone.

And this pipeline she wants to shut down threatens our water and it's mostly Canadians using that oil but it's you and me who will be in the spill zone if and when it bursts

I don't love her but I find the extreme hate she gets kind of Undeserved
Wut?

We send our Oil to you bud. Canada accounts for 48% of the Crude Oil import intake in the USA

And historically pipelines are the safest way to transport oil

Just so we are all clear, that ticking time bomb of a pipeline has been flowing black devil sauce for more than 60 years with zero major incidents, and Enbridge has submitted a responsible and reasonable plan to update that aging infrastructure, but yah definitely if and when bro, if and when.

That is what the party exists to do. The first thing Biden did on like day 1 was shut down a pipeline and toss those jobs, then went on to put kids in cages, devalue the currency, managed to create a labor shortage to fuck small businesses by paying people not to take them and sent $350 million of their "covid relief" bill to the 50 richest zip codes in the country, sent middle east destabilization roaring back, and now we have the biggest inflation increase in 40 years, everything is more expensive and there's gas lines. Great job, democrats, hopefully we can chop the middle class down some more and have a nationwide disparity between rich and poor and illiteracy rates that matches California's, and maybe people will stop fleeing that shithole when there's nowhere else to go.
You act as if Trump wasn't in charge when we printed 30% of our money supply...

Both parties are garbage. There are a few individuals who are earnest and some that are intelligent, but those are mostly mutually exclusive.

Hilarious!!! People talk about shutting down the oil and gas industry and going green energy will continue to buy plastics or other hydro carbon products. How are these elitist gonna travel to their private islands without jet propulsion that uses a fuel source.
Yep, she is giving them what they asked for. Keep at it, hope the Dems do all their crazy stuff now and show us how awesome they are at doing things.

Back