Economy Michigan Gov orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
During America's biggest Oil Crisis and Shortage Michigan Gov's orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline as the Michigan Gov's promised to the environmentalists.

Honestly i dont think this was a good idea to shut it down during a gas shortage.
But i am not surprised this is what some people voted for.
Shutting a pipeline because you made a campaign promise to bend over to the environmentalists is dangerous. Imagine when the gas shortage comes to Michigan the lineups of vehicles will be for miles end.

I mean did America just vote for a admin who promised to end oil and gas?

Michigan Gov orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer ordered an energy company backed by the Canadian government to shut down its operations.

“These oil pipelines in the Straits of Mackinac are a ticking timebomb, and their continued presence violates the public trust and poses a grave threat to Michigan’s environment and economy,” Whitmer’s office said in a statement.

"In sum, please be advised that Enbridge's continued operation of the Straits pipelines after May 12, 2021 is at its own risk," Whitmer wrote to Vern Yu, president of Enbridge's liquids pipelines division, Crain’s Detroit reported. "If the state prevails in the underlying litigation, Enbridge will face the prospect of having to disgorge to the State all profits it derives from its wrongful use of the easement lands following that date."

Biden is also Targeting Oil and Gas while pushing for Wind.

Biden’s first 100 days: Interior sends ‘clear signal’ promoting wind, targeting oil, gas
“Green lighting and expediting wind and slowing down or stopping oil and gas through the same agency sends a pretty clear signal,” said Kevin Book, managing director of research firm ClearView Energy Partners. “You kind of get a message, and I think that message is going to matter for investment.”

Interior has always played a “critical role for energy production,” but the Biden administration seems to be taking an even “more refined approach” in using the agency to advance its energy goals than the Obama administration, said Kelly Johnson, a partner with the law firm Holland and Hart.

Wind industry advocates have welcomed Biden’s policies, touting the regulatory certainty such actions have created.

Are democrats trying to create a crisis to inflict pain on regular Americans to enrich their Democratic friends who own the green energy industry?
No, that only happens when republicans are in power...

remember Democrats do nothing wrong, or like that, ever.

Hilarious!!! People talk about shutting down the oil and gas industry and going green energy will continue to buy plastics or other hydro carbon products. How are these elitist gonna travel to their private islands without jet propulsion that uses a fuel source.

Hilarious!!! People talk about shutting down the oil and gas industry and going green energy will continue to buy plastics or other hydro carbon products. How are these elitist gonna travel to their private islands without jet propulsion that uses a fuel source.
They want other people to “live green”, not them. It’s too inconvenient, impractical and expensive for me - you do it instead.

what a bunch of hypocritical clowns

Lol.

As if Enbridge gives one flying fuck what Whitmer thinks.

During America's biggest Oil Crisis and Shortage Michigan Gov's orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline as the Michigan Gov's promised to the environmentalists.

Honestly i dont think this was a good idea to shut it down during a gas shortage.
But i am not surprised this is what some people voted for.
Shutting a pipeline because you made a campaign promise to bend over to the environmentalists is dangerous. Imagine when the gas shortage comes to Michigan the lineups of vehicles will be for miles end.

I mean did America just vote for a admin who promised to end oil and gas?

Michigan Gov orders shutdown of controversial Canadian pipeline

Biden is also Targeting Oil and Gas while pushing for Wind.

Biden’s first 100 days: Interior sends ‘clear signal’ promoting wind, targeting oil, gas
If it's up to the Democrats, in no time we will all be riding bicycles to work, living in tents and eating soy burgers for supper.

Are democrats trying to create a crisis to inflict pain on regular Americans to enrich their Democratic friends who own the green energy industry?
It's about money and power.

Follow the money. How much is Al Gore worth now?

If it's up to the Democrats, in no time we will all be riding bicycles to work, living in tents and eating soy burgers for supper.

You won't be riding bicycles to work, because you won't have work. We'll be living in tent cities and standing in line all day to get your government bug burgers.

That is what the party exists to do. The first thing Biden did on like day 1 was shut down a pipeline and toss those jobs, then went on to put kids in cages, devalue the currency, managed to create a labor shortage to fuck small businesses by paying people not to take them and sent $350 million of their "covid relief" bill to the 50 richest zip codes in the country, sent middle east destabilization roaring back, and now we have the biggest inflation increase in 40 years, everything is more expensive and there's gas lines. Great job, democrats, hopefully we can chop the middle class down some more and have a nationwide disparity between rich and poor and illiteracy rates that matches California's, and maybe people will stop fleeing that shithole when there's nowhere else to go.

Back