Social Michigan cop who had Confederate/KKK memorabilia in home is fired

Just try to remember what life was like before your culture was dominated by women and gay guys.

Y'know...fun.

You know, when you're not spending your time on infowars, you might someday learn that women are fun. Maybe one day you'll touch one, I'm rooting for you.

You know, when you're not spending your time on infowars, you might someday learn that women are fun. Maybe one day you'll touch one, I'm rooting for you.
Yea they're fun. It's called heterosexual sex. You should try it sometime.

That is, if that's still allowed on the left. Don't want you to contribute to white supremacy or something.

You sound very hateful, so much so that you are willing to assume things without evidence.

He had a framed KKK application and a bunch of Confederate flags hung in his home. That's the evidence.

He had a framed KKK application and a bunch of Confederate flags hung in his home. That's the evidence.

Evidence of what?

Do you really believe that there are no history buffs that have Nazi and KKK stuff, and aren't racist?

Conflicting. If this was an officer on my department, I would be sickened. Even though having this stuff on his wall does not definitively make him a racist, I simply don’t believe that he does not support such feelings. I wouldn’t ever have anything with a confederate flag in my house, let alone kkk shit. People that hate racism and the kkk would not have this in their home. I can see maybe a history teacher or a teacher that focuses on sociology, along with other historical documents, as the kkk, however disgusting, was an influential part of our sordid past in the south.

No cop should have this on their wall. Period. Whoever likened it to isis really hit the mark, because that cringe factor is the response that should be generated by this. As many of us are white males, safe to say, we may not feel the threat behind such documents because we are not the targets of such hate, but isis is something we currently hate and would be very suspicious of someone, especially a Muslim cop or government employee, having isis shit in their home. I am pretty sure that most of us would never be able to believe that a cop with isis on their wall were not part of, or supportive of terrorist activity and we would expect, they st some point, that person would carry out some horrific act. I see the kkk stuff as very similar, though it has been dampened by time and social progress, at one time, the kkk was something to be feared and had influence in the south and in government.

Now, with all of that said, his firing could be easily overturned and he walks away with a good chunk of money. Absent some credible allegations, though they may now come out of the woodwork, simply having this shit on his wall or in his house, does not mean that this guy is unfairly treating black people or guilty of being a racist ass cop.

He did shoot a black man who had bashed him in the head with a blunt object, which required a metal plate in his head, and i am sure that there are quite a few people who will want to question that incident, as well as other arrests should any of his still be in prison. And i would not be surprised to see someone file a lawsuit against the department, making claims that this guy used the race of the suspect to decide to make an arrest.

This is disgusting. This guy has a right to own whatever historical or political memorabilia he wants in his home. I hope the courts vindicate this man's free speech rights because there is something really wrong when the government gets to decide the political views of its employees.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan...FY-M2q7FT3AhhBQmPJLhRTIEoZRtqHISGYG3-VjW3QkEc

Free speech met with precious little sympathy in this thread.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/free-speech.3060255/

PD is well within their right.

I’m sure sucking off the klan is a violation of their character policy.

A. This guy can't be trusted to do his job in minority neighborhoods
B. This guy can't be trusted to treat Jews or minorities fairly in his job at all
C. Being a Nazi, and applying for the KKK is not a political view
D. It brings huge roadblocks for prosecutions, having this guy involved in legal proceedings in any way
There lies the question, is he actually in the KKK? That's not the same thing as being an actual member. Memorabilia is weird, but it doesn't equal membership, which is what you're saying

I don't see how it matters if he actually got into the KKK. If someone is willing to apply to that group, they're obviously so racist as to not be fit for law enforcement. Revering a goddamn application to the KKK is only something one of the nazi fucks, affiliated or not, do.

jM05AeSBnFsh.gif

My neighbor has some hitler youth medalliins. Is she a Nazi sympathizer?

B. This guy can't be trusted to treat Jews or minorities fairly in his job at all
D. It brings huge roadblocks for prosecutions, having this guy involved in legal proceedings in any way

I don't see how it matters if he actually got into the KKK. If someone is willing to apply to that group, they're obviously so racist as to not be fit for law enforcement. Revering a goddamn application to the KKK is only something one of the nazi fucks, affiliated or not, do.

He didn't apply its a application from back in the day. LIkely 100 or more years old.

But he didn't apply. It's an old copy
not saying he is innocent, but condemning him for having these things is a bit premature. Read the article it is an old application form

Not saying he's not racist. Just think it's way to early to fire him. Investigate him, sure that's fine. But make an actual investigation first. Too much jumping the gun imho.
Who knows, maybe his great grand dad was wronged by the Klan and he got into it via family history you never know.

Evidence of what?

Do you really believe that there are no history buffs that have Nazi and KKK stuff, and aren't racist?

The difference between a guy that collects WWII German weapons and memorabilia, and someone that has a Nazi Shrine, is usually pretty obvious. Even though there's obviously crossover there as well.
It's interesting that spokesman said the investigation didn't turn up anymore than was shown in the facebook posts, because you'd think it wouldn't be hard to determine whether this guy's home decor and obvious interest in the Klan and the Confederacy was a reflection of his personal bigotry. Surely his colleagues would know.

But he didn't apply. It's an old copy
not saying he is innocent, but condemning him for having these things is a bit premature. Read the article it is an old application form

Not saying he's not racist. Just think it's way to early to fire him. Investigate him, sure that's fine. But make an actual investigation first. Too much jumping the gun imho.
Who knows, maybe his great grand dad was wronged by the Klan and he got into it via family history you never know.

They suspended him during the investigation, then fired him.

Conflicting. If this was an officer on my department, I would be sickened. Even though having this stuff on his wall does not definitively make him a racist, I simply don’t believe that he does not support such feelings. I wouldn’t ever have anything with a confederate flag in my house, let alone kkk shit. People that hate racism and the kkk would not have this in their home. I can see maybe a history teacher or a teacher that focuses on sociology, along with other historical documents, as the kkk, however disgusting, was an influential part of our sordid past in the south.

No cop should have this on their wall. Period. Whoever likened it to isis really hit the mark, because that cringe factor is the response that should be generated by this. As many of us are white males, safe to say, we may not feel the threat behind such documents because we are not the targets of such hate, but isis is something we currently hate and would be very suspicious of someone, especially a Muslim cop or government employee, having isis shit in their home. I am pretty sure that most of us would never be able to believe that a cop with isis on their wall were not part of, or supportive of terrorist activity and we would expect, they st some point, that person would carry out some horrific act. I see the kkk stuff as very similar, though it has been dampened by time and social progress, at one time, the kkk was something to be feared and had influence in the south and in government.

Now, with all of that said, his firing could be easily overturned and he walks away with a good chunk of money. Absent some credible allegations, though they may now come out of the woodwork, simply having this shit on his wall or in his house, does not mean that this guy is unfairly treating black people or guilty of being a racist ass cop.

He did shoot a black man who had bashed him in the head with a blunt object, which required a metal plate in his head, and i am sure that there are quite a few people who will want to question that incident, as well as other arrests should any of his still be in prison. And i would not be surprised to see someone file a lawsuit against the department, making claims that this guy used the race of the suspect to decide to make an arrest.

The difference between an Isis app would be that the kkk application is American history, and something with historical relevance here.

Also, in the last 20 years (time matters) how many has Isis killed v the kkk?

If the document had anything to do with the officers actual involvement in the kkk, as I said earlier, I think that would mean he took another oath that is incompatible with his path as an officer, and I would support the firing.

This thread has broken a couple of you.

"But his freedums"
"But his oath"
"But his freedums?"

*INVALID SYNTAX ERROR*

If I were a chief and had a black cop that collected EFF and Boko Haram shit, I'd fire their asses, cause that shit and the job title dont fucking match.

You arent about to have my precinct looking funny in the light cause you don't know how to keep the door to your man-cave locked.

If I were a chief and had a black cop that collected EFF and Boko Haram shit, I'd fire their asses, cause that shit and the job title dont fucking match.

You arent about to have my precinct looking funny in the light cause you don't know how to keep the door to your man-cave locked.

He didn't just have it in his "man cave", he had confederate flag placemats on his dining room table, along with the KKK stuff.
It's mind blowing that he'd leave it there for an open inspection. Makes you wonder about the motive.

Thinking legally, this officer's associations could put court cases against criminals he nabbed at risk if a good defense team could assert that his bias played a role in an arrest. Now, I believe in free speech. As ass backwards and ignorant as his beliefs are, he's allowed to have them and if he was openly spouting his beliefs in public or on social media, then he should be fired. But if he just had this material in his home, that could set a really bad precedent.

Either way, I wouldn't mind if this cop got fired. It's kinda fucked how it played out, but I don't really respect anybody who follows the ideal of a racist hate group, be it KKK or BLM, if you're an extremist you have no place in law enforcement.

You really think the KKK and BLM are comparable?

Back