Social Michigan cop who had Confederate/KKK memorabilia in home is fired

Yeah, I get the argument, but this guy was a fucking idiot. At least take it down and put it in a drawer when someone is viewing the house.

Under a union contract you sure as shit are.

And here he is, still fired. Details being released next week.

Almost like he is clearly a problem. No point inventing fantasies about how he was totally cool and misunderstood.

They said the inquiry will be released to the public next week. All we know is they found a bunch of sketchy Confederate stuff, an inquiry was done, he was fired, and the police are willing to release the details.

I see no reason to give benefit of the doubt until then.

Well I do, but that is because I have experience with arbitration for a union contract.

The employer can fire anyone they want for anything. Whether that stands is a completely different story.

And here he is, still fired. Details being released next week.

Almost like he is clearly a problem. No point inventing fantasies about how he was totally cool and misunderstood.

Source the union isn't taking this to arbitration?

Hahahaha, @Lord Coke I have to assume you are familiar with the constitutional history of loyalty oaths and purging public employees whose political beliefs supposedly pose a clear and present danger to government interests.

Being a member of the Communist Party is still a fireable offense for public employees, and you think that it's unacceptable that officers of the law who deal with racial minorities and are expected and constitutionally required to treat them equally can be fired for being white supremacists? There are few government interests higher than law and order and the ability for persons to respect and trust the good faith enforcement of the law. Having KKK cops is a flagrant affront to that interest.
There lies the question, is he actually in the KKK? That's not the same thing as being an actual member. Memorabilia is weird, but it doesn't equal membership, which is what you're saying

What, like a quote from them? Havent seen one. Looks like everyone knew he was getting fired on the 27th of last month though. We have statements from prosecutors that they are looking into his previous actions. Everyone else has already made a move.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...fficer-charles-anderson-ku-klux-klan.amp.html

Yes, a statement, because unions standard operating procedure is to go to arbitration to defend their member.

Unions are like lawyers, it isn't their job to be arbitrators. It is their job to represent their member/client.

Yes, a statement, because unions standard operating procedure is to go to arbitration to defend their member.

Unions are like lawyers, it isn't their job to be arbitrators. It is their job to represent their member/client.

It's been almost 3 weeks. How long exactly are we supposed to wait for them? A month? A year?

It's been almost 3 weeks. How long exactly are we supposed to wait for them? A month? A year?

Usually takes 1-2 years to go through the arbitration process. Seen it go 3 years. They make the VA look like a well oiled machine.

Then if he wins, the city will cut him a check for all the lost wages during that time.

We call it the company buying you a house where I work.

Usually takes 1-2 years to go through the arbitration process. Seen it go 3 years. They make the VA look like a well oiled machine.

So we shouldnt talk about it and assume he was just the best guy ever for 3 years.

No. That's fucking stupid.

So we shouldnt talk about it and assume he was just the best guy ever for 3 years.

No. That's fucking stupid.

No, but you shouldn't assume this guy has received a fair defense until this happens.

No, but you shouldn't assume this guy has received a fair defense until this happens.

I'm not a union arbitrator, so I couldn't possibly give a fuck about whatever legal technicality he will try to get off on.

He loves him some KKK and racism. Fuck him.

I'm not a union arbitrator, so I couldn't possibly give a fuck about whatever legal technicality he will try to get off on.

He loves him some KKK and racism. Fuck him.

You sound very hateful, so much so that you are willing to assume things without evidence.

He will be replaced by a diversity hire for maximum virtue signal. Watch out white womenz!

3ece2e1316597368.jpg

Man... You're fucking weird dude.

To get so pissed some KKK lover got kicked off the force" you attacked not just Clinton but a failed killer cop solely because he was "diverse".

Big oof.

Man... You're fucking weird dude.

To get so pissed some KKK lover got kicked off the force" you attacked not just Clinton but a failed killer cop solely because he was "diverse".

Big oof.
Just laugh like a normal person.

Having a framed kkk application is a negative thing? It's no one's business what the man hangs on his wall! He should sue the department unless he has a history of bigotry...

Back