Social Michigan cop who had Confederate/KKK memorabilia in home is fired

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Lord Coke, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

This is disgusting. This guy has a right to own whatever historical or political memorabilia he wants in his home. I hope the courts vindicate this man's free speech rights because there is something really wrong when the government gets to decide the political views of its employees.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michigan...FY-M2q7FT3AhhBQmPJLhRTIEoZRtqHISGYG3-VjW3QkEc

MPD-Psycho, A.S. Deep, PHATV and 7 others like this.
  2. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Why would any stand up police force want this piece of trash associated with them.

The HAMA, dildos, Furious77 and 24 others like this.
  3. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

Are you okay with the government while acting as an employer restricting what political views a person can hold? What if Trump fired all the democrats working for the federal government? Would you be okay with that?

4. HockeyBjj

HockeyBjj Putting on the foil

Come on @Lord Coke. This isn't just having some cool war memorabilia that happened to be from the losing side of the Civil War. He framed and hung a kkk application in his home. That's messed up and definitely calls into doubt his integrity when dealing with members of the African American community

This is beyond just a confederate flag. I wouldn't want a cop with isis stuff hung on his wall either.

5. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

I don't like it because the slippery slope seems real. If he had has any real affiliation with the kkk, then I wouldn't mind, as the oaths are too incompatible.

But yeah, this is bad precedent.

MPD-Psycho, Bargey, solmu and 3 others like this.
  6. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

Liking the KKK is political views now? This just shows what a trash person you are as well.

DLX, 4daLuLZ, nicapica and 6 others like this.
  7. Lucifer Alpha

Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe

Meanwhile, Ralph Northam is still governor

...or should I say "coon man."

8. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Thinking legally, this officer's associations could put court cases against criminals he nabbed at risk if a good defense team could assert that his bias played a role in an arrest. Now, I believe in free speech. As ass backwards and ignorant as his beliefs are, he's allowed to have them and if he was openly spouting his beliefs in public or on social media, then he should be fired. But if he just had this material in his home, that could set a really bad precedent.

Either way, I wouldn't mind if this cop got fired. It's kinda fucked how it played out, but I don't really respect anybody who follows the ideal of a racist hate group, be it KKK or BLM, if you're an extremist you have no place in law enforcement.

9. Lucifer Alpha

[​IMG]

10. Crocop42

Crocop42 Brown Belt

I gotta agree with you here. All of his arrests and summonses are now put into question.

salamander, Confucamus, Malvo and 4 others like this.
  11. Lord Coke

Lord Coke Black Belt

If it came into his work at all I'd be fine with him being fired. But this is in his own house. Remember the government is the biggest employer in this country. If they are allowed to determine what political views are allowed well that is not a good thing. I personally would not think having an ISIS flag alone should be grounds to terminate a government employee as well.

Government has a dual role as an employer and the State. It has way to much power to be allowed to decide outside of the scope of employment what views its employees may hold because now it is going from its role as an employer to that of the state.

12. 58miles

58miles Black Belt

Save the bullshit, almost every influential Democrat in Virginia and nationwide asked Northam to resign, he instead decided to remain in office.

4daLuLZ and Satanical Eve like this.
  13. Lucifer Alpha

Until the two people beneath him were embroiled in scandal and would have been replaced by a Republican. Then they said "stay coon man, stay!"

PainIsLIfe, The Crow, Malvo and 2 others like this.
  14. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

I think he should be given his job back, with an apology and a million dollars. The man just likes historical stuff.

The Crow likes this.
  15. Lucifer Alpha

Maybe he just liked the music.

You gotta admit...it's catchy.

Malvo, ElKarlo and Lord Coke like this.
  16. VivaRevolution

VivaRevolution Whoopin' Belt Platinum Member

Where is the evidence this guy is a racist and not a history buff?

MPD-Psycho, The Crow and Malvo like this.
  17. VivaRevolution

I am outraged if this is all there is to it.

If there was some accompanying testimony saying this guy was a racist, I don't have a problem with this.

Although, again we need more information. Did this guy have a WWII, and civil war history collection, or just Nazi and KKK stuff?

Hungry Joe and Malvo like this.
  18. VivaRevolution

Wait, his application to the KKK, or a old application to the KKK?

I wouldn't care if a guy who clearly studies and collects religious history had ISIS stuff hung on his wall.

Hungry Joe, Bald1 and ElKarlo like this.
  19. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

I would imagine his KKK stuff is a dead giveaway.

20. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

Hahahaha, @Lord Coke I have to assume you are familiar with the constitutional history of loyalty oaths and purging public employees whose political beliefs supposedly pose a clear and present danger to government interests.

Being a member of the Communist Party is still a fireable offense for public employees, and you think that it's unacceptable that officers of the law who deal with racial minorities and are expected and constitutionally required to treat them equally can be fired for being white supremacists? There are few government interests higher than law and order and the ability for persons to respect and trust the good faith enforcement of the law. Having KKK cops is a flagrant affront to that interest.

mS_?, SaiWa, 4daLuLZ and 17 others like this.