Michelle's Reaction to Joanna's Weight

Should Michelle agree to a catchweight?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“That is something that my management team is working on currently. That’s not something I’m focused on. I’m focused on fighting Joanna Saturday. That’s my main focus. I hope she is professional enough to make the weight and put on a show for the people who come to watch Saturday,” Waterson said.

“We knew it would be hard for her to make the weight coming from 125lbs after fighting Valentina Shevchenko, putting muscle on, and not just putting on regular weight, actual muscle. With the extent from how long it’s been since she’s fought it’s going to be rough for her.

But we figured if she wanted to have the advantage of being the bigger girl that she would sacrifice and make the weight. Joanna has never had problems making weight before, so we didn’t think it’d be a problem. Now here we are. It’s not my concern. I can only worry about what I’m in control of and that’s getting my hand raised on Saturday.”

Waterson was asked if she would still fight Jedrzejczyk at a catchweight if she missed weight.

“It depends. I think that’s the most frustrating part. Her claim to the UFC is she’s the strawweight queen. If you’re the strawweight queen then make strawweight weight. It’s as simple as that,” Waterson said.

“But yes, I would still fight her. I prepared for her. I don’t think Joanna’s bones are going to grow any bigger. I knew she was the bigger girl. I’ve fought bigger girls before.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/michelle-waterson-reacts-to-reports-of-joanna-jedrzejczyk-missing-weight-i-would-still-fight-her/

She didn't just put on muscle weight, something else was added as well

She's going to get beat up anyway, might as well get some extra money for Joanna having some extra weight.

Wait. I was just told she refused both alternates and joanna if shes overweight. Whats the truth

She should agree to the fight only if Joanna makes 120, with a written guarantee that she gets a title shot.

Waterson did her job, Joanna did not do hers and did not even attempt to cut weight as evident by the fact she's been saying she can't make 115 since a week or two.

If I was Waterson I would not take the fight simply because Joanna had NO intention of showing up on-weight. Just a shame she won't get paid for showing up and doing everything she was supposed to do just because of her opponent.

"putting muscle on"

Is that what we call them now?

Joanna is 1-3 in his last 4 fights. Talks like she is the best in the world and deserves to be the champion. Cant even make weight...

This, and just this.
<{nope}>

Needless drama

JJ got fake tits, wich are likely the cause of missing weight

It's not professional, but let's not pretend it will give her any advantage

Joanna must be a lot, lot, heavier than expected if she already claims, a week before, that she won't make it. The normal reaction would be to shut up and try her best, but calling for a change in weight that early in a long scheduled fight means she expects to be around ten pounds heavier, something so ridiculous that Waterson would absolutely refuse to fight if taken by surprise.

Nope. Love Joanna, but it's unfair to Michelle and this is already a tough fight for her stylistically. Not to mention she's a natural atomweight. Joanna is the one always jawing off about professionalism. Show it.

I'm just impressed that Michelle made it through that whole statement without mentioning that she's a mom.

Unprofessional clown.

y'all pretty harsh on some titties

Back