Michelle Waterson is the strongest Strawweight. 100% takedown rate.

SeverianB

Hiding in bushes in the 505.
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The most flawless physical specimen in the division.

Nobody has stopped her takedowns yet.

Destroys anyone in the top 10.

S6HYOTX.png

giphy.gif

Take me down Michelle

Please

Drop me in my fucking neck

Out of what sample size? Two UFC fights?

Let's see her against Claudia or JJ

She is teaming up with Claudia against JJ. She is getting Claudia's cardio up to par and Claudia is helping the wrestling.

8rBEneQ.jpg

jNyj8oG.jpg

S6A2YEm.jpg

KEyyTNg.jpg

She is deceivingly strong for her size. I expected vanzant to be the bigger stronger fighter... was wrong. Claudia and Andrade are the only ones who may be stronger

please dethrone joanna. cant stand her light sparring left, right, headkick, rinse repeat combo anymore

Been watching mma since the 90s and didnt even know that division was called "strawweight"

Gg

Gets murked at 105 in invicta,going to dominate the ufcs top 10 at 115,yeah ok.........

I wish her well but after two fights, let's not rush the judgement

Out of what sample size? Two UFC fights?

We're on a forum where guys become GOATS, are "simply the better fighter", get ranked Top 5, based on sample sizes of 2 fights.

We're on a forum where guys become GOATS, are "simply the better fighter", get ranked Top 5, based on sample sizes of 2 fights.
Sherdog. Is normal.

during the weighs for her fight against pvz she looked jacked in comparison to paige. she definitely a contender, one more fight and i think she should fight for the title. that depends on who she fights. a fight between her and rose would be great!

she's good, i just don't think she will destroy the entire top 10 like ts suggests.

The most flawless physical specimen in the division.

Nobody has stopped her takedowns yet.

Destroys anyone in the top 10.

S6HYOTX.png

giphy.gif
I believe the ultimate test will be against Claudia. She beats Claudia she beats JJ. Waterson uses her kicks to keep distance VERY well. Thats my opinion. I have been following Michelle since she began and she is the best well-rounded fighter in the SW division. Former champ in the weight class below. Has improved greatly since. She will climb through the ranks quickly if she stays with Jackson Winks camp.

I firmly believe she is the best atom-weight women's fighter in the world (she did lose the belt in her last Invicta fight, but I believe she knew she was UFC bound and it affected her performance,) but this isn't atom-weight. This is Straw-weight. She's best at 105, but at 115 she's probably borderline top 5 or top 3. It's possible for her to win the belt, but it's hard to know where she really stands until she faces a top 5 fighter at straw-weight. It might be that you're correct. She might have the right combination of striking skills and grappling to dominate the division, but I think she beats everybody but the top 3, personally.

She's a proper Straw-weight, and her size will become a disadvantage the second she's fighting the more highly skilled opponents like Joanna who has three inches of height and reach. That's already a decent advantage between two average(ish) sized males, but for smaller women, that's a significant difference Waterson's fast, but Joanna is fast, too. Waterson's legs are fairly good and she's good at using them to control distance, so who knows? But it's not as cut and dry as 'Waterson destroys everybody, easily.'

That being said, I'm a huge fan of Waterson, I'm a huge fan of Joanna. I'd love to see them fight.

Back